Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tuconots

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

If you want your battletag on this list just post in the thread or PM Tuco.

Active:
    Tuco Tuco#1629
    LadyVex Arysa#1370
    Braen Braen#1503
    Troll DaTr0LL#1481
    Drtyrm Drtyrm#1350
    Eyashusa Falstaff#1295
    Flesseck Flesseck#1746
    fulorian Fulorian#1682
    Harfle Harfle#1937
    Hatorade Hatorade#1550
    Kreugen Kreugen#1914
    lithose lithose#1155
    Madruk Madruk#1843
    Mahes Widowmaker#1459
    MrHolland420 MrHolland420#1169
    Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush#1778
    nirgonrz nirgon#1278
    KuNi/Ratama ratama#2610
    The Master TheGentleman#1373
    Heriotze Heriotze#1977
    Xith Xith#1753
    Xzi Xzi#1212
    Envious#1576
    nola Nolagamer#1749
    chaos kaos#1826
    Last edited by chaos; 05-24-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Tuconots
    Unfixably bad.

Tuconots
    Much better and on the right path!

Tuconots
    I'll play again if the DH stealth ability gets un-nerfed.

Tuconots
    FOH started going downhill when they added the D3 and SC2 forums. Sign of the Mayan Apocalypse & etc. Also Diablo 1 for ever.
    #Kobane

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

Tuconots
    Been playing again lately and having fun. Not something I'd want to get stuck into hardcore, but it's good for an hour here, an hour there, let off steam by mowing through demons and hopefully get a few good drops to sell on the AH.
    " I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"

Tuconots
    1.05 really resurrected this game for me. I probably only play an hour a day, but I enjoy myself when I play.

Tuconots
    I haven't played in a few months due to a new kid around the house and I'm in my 40s. Do you think the new patch would make the game more enjoyable for someone at that level? Also, my SN is Pilforgod in it if anyone wants to do some 40s runnin.

Tuconots
    I think so. It's a lot easier to get upgrades now. I sometimes get 5-6 legendaries in a couple of hours. Before the 1.05 patch, I had gotten 1 set item in like 30 paragons levels. Since the patch, I've gotten over 30 set items alone. Probably over 100 legendaries all together. Most of them suck, but it's still fun to find something. Every now and again you'll hit a good roll and that will pay for a bunch of upgrades.

Tuconots
    1.0.5 made the game feel like a Diablo title, finally. It's probably worth another look.

Picking up from where MN left off, I've been working on alt leveling. Assuming you have a decently paragoned main and a bit of gold to get started, here are some tips & observations:
    - Unlike Inferno, MP10 is a realistic goal in other difficulties.
    - Just like Inferno, try to run with a socketed helm w/ a ruby and a HF ring. The HF fireball leaves a trail of ashen waste in its path every time it procs in normal and nightmare.
    - Sockets are king on low level gear because you have an unlimited supply of at least Flawless Squares, if not higher level games. Try to get the max sockets you can (2 in chest until higher levels, 2 in pants, 1 in jewelry, helm, weapon and offhand).
    - The +dmg affix (and socketed rubies in weapons) are very affective until at least your late 30s.
    - The max roll for Reduced Level Requirement is 18, so level 42 is the first time you can get a massively overpowered weapon and lvl 60 gear. They are pretty pricey though; weapons are typically 1mil minimum, often much more. If you wait even a level or two, the price comes down a fair amount.
    - Besides sockets, +Exp and PUR are nice to have stats in addition to Primary & Vit.
    - Well rolled low level gear tends to sell quickly, often in the 100k-500k range. Leveling alts has actually been a decent money generator for me both in terms of selling drops and selling the gear once I outlevel it.

I'll try to post more as I think of other things.

Tuconots
    Maybe we should get some updated battletags?

madruk#1843

I do alk runs on mp1 and average about 50-60m xp/hour. Happy to do it with others or help with higher mp keys.

Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I really wish I hadn't burnt myself out on this game before 1.0.5. Now whenever I log on I can't even be entertained long enough to get 5 stacks of NV even with all the changes.

Tuconots
    Can someone explain what 1.0.5 added that fixed the game?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarr View Post
    Can someone explain what 1.0.5 added that fixed the game?
    You'd need to read the patch notes for all the game fixing stuff that was added in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5. Both were huge, game changing patches.

The TL;DR is they re-tuned Inferno to be playable, upped the amount of yellows dropped and the way affixes are rolled, completely overhauled legendaries to be (on the whole) more useful and made them drop at a reasonable rate, added a post-60 progression system, added "uber" encounters for a start at end-game content, fixed a lot of the UI shortcomings of the AH, and much more. I'm probably missing several more important things, not to mention a ton of smaller things.

Tuconots
    My issue with the game was that the zones were not nearly random enough. They are worse than Diablo 2 in terms of being geometrically randomized, which was a major letdown. Zone setups are still the same?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarr View Post
    My issue with the game was that the zones were not nearly random enough. They are worse than Diablo 2 in terms of being geometrically randomized, which was a major letdown. Zone setups are still the same?
    You will still be disappointed with the randomness, that hasn't changed.

Tuconots
    If anyone wants to roll a new HC character with me and a buddy, Has TS3 and is not a total wiener then PM me and lets be pals.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Haast View Post
    You will still be disappointed with the randomness, that hasn't changed.
    Thanks for the warning; I'll wait for an expansion and check back in then. It's kind of a tall order to make, but oh well.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruk View Post
    Maybe we should get some updated battletags?

madruk#1843

I do alk runs on mp1 and average about 50-60m xp/hour. Happy to do it with others or help with higher mp keys.
    50-60mill an hour? picking up gold? or are you stacking MF and killing some elite like WR over and over again, sorry been out of the loop i really wanna play again but my WD just dosent have the killing speed of other classes even with 100+mill invested in gear before 1.5

I really wanna finish a fucking hellfire ring too, i havent had the godamn patience... ive got a few keys and an organ or two hmu sometime under teck#1602

Tuconots
    I don't loot anything but legendaries. I have massive pickup radius and I never stop running. So long as you can AOE 1-shot everything, it's pretty easy and mindless. I end up skipping maybe 10% of the mobs in the run, usually the bigger mobs that have the most HP. This is my farming setup - I have a different set of gear and skills for keys and ubers. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...43/hero/884947

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruk View Post
    I don't loot anything but legendaries. I have massive pickup radius and I never stop running. So long as you can AOE 1-shot everything, it's pretty easy and mindless. I end up skipping maybe 10% of the mobs in the run, usually the bigger mobs that have the most HP. This is my farming setup - I have a different set of gear and skills for keys and ubers. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...43/hero/884947

sent ya a request, id be down to do a few runs see how you execute it, since i sank all my money into my WD i gotta use him as a way to earn cash.

Edit i jus realized that was 50mill worth of EXP.

Tuconots
    The bonus for doing mp5+ needs to be increased.

I wouldn't mind duking it out with packs for a worthwhile bonus.

Tuconots
    Nirgon, I saw this in the Path of Exile thread and thought of you:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanz View Post
    Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.
    Thought you might want a heads up since D3 PvP is delayed and the implementation doesn't sound promising.

Tuconots
    Anyone know what's with the long maintenance today? A quick search didn't turn up anything about a big patch.

Tuconots
    Supposedly it's just maintenance and patch 1.0.6a, which is:

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1434-...ard-creations/

Tuconots
    Hit P100 a few nights ago, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/4693149

I think we should be getting some info on 1.07 sometime next week judging by the previous patch schedule.
    Last edited by Strifen; 12-11-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Tuconots
    Grats Strife. You are a badass.
    PSN - Vithe | WiiU - VitheU | Steam - WiZZiE82 | battle.net - Vithe#1343

Registered Dragonlord Deathwing's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Grats Strife. Never seen a wizard using a Butcher's Sickle before. But after looking at your build, makes sense for the most part. Cheaper than finding an equivalent black damage rare?

I'm assuming that's your farming/xp build? How fast does it do an Alk run and on what MP? I might give Wizard another try after discovering a small but really annoying thing about RLTW: each press of the skill resets nado spawning. Press it often enough(as in, to dump rage for Thrive on Chaos), and you might cut your nado spawning in half. Watching the sprint buff timer like a hawk to get optimal nado spawning is not my idea of a fun time.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Hit P100 a few nights ago, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/4693149

I think we should be getting some info on 1.07 sometime next week judging by the previous patch schedule.
    Wow, that's a billion+ gold amulet. Those Lacunis are probably also insanely pricey. Those drops or buys?

Are you burnt out as fuck now?

Tuconots
    I now have 4 of the 5 classes to (at least) P1. Because of the massive XP boost from MP10 + HF ring + helm ruby, only my main is in Inferno still. WD is my final class to level.

I've been tracking what it cost me to buy passable gear for each class at level 60. I'll be posting the detailed pricing once I finish; hopefully it will help people get a bead on current market value of various gear. As a preview, the current gear on my Wiz cost ~6.5mil, DH gear cost ~3.8mil and Monk gear cost ~5.2mil (I don't think the profile has updated; she should be wearing an Inna chest).

I definitely need to get a real DH build, it is currently 100% offense since I had overpowered stuff while leveling and it's starting to get me killed.

Tuconots
    Butchers sickle is great for archon because it has everything you need on it already (lifesteal, crit, black dmg) you just need one with a socket, high dps, and + int. The proc on it is actually really helpful, I used to use a pretty nice echoing fury with 1100 dps but sold that for 150m and bought the butchers for 40m and it's just an all around better archon wep. The fear isn't what you need for archon you're so tanky already and the chain grab is useful cause you'll be pulling elites to you where you can arcane strike/blast them instead of using your beam which is far more DPS on big targets. Basically lot of people seem underrate these weps and you can find good ones for cheap.

As for leveling I mostly did MP 3 (never lower than 3), but sometimes when I was bored I would do MP 4-5 with improved archon over teleport. I did two different runs where I would just do the standard alk run and hit core, tower 1, crater 2, keep 2, fields, then remake. that was 70-80m an hour. For most of my leveling I did my own variation of the alk run where I would hit core, tower 1, skycrown battlements, keep 2, crater 2, fields then rakkis and that was probably 60m an hour. The amount of elites you get doing that run is crazy good for mfing though, rakkis and skycrown are the two zones with the most elites in act 3 so adding them in your run will up your legendary rate a lot.

For 95-100 as motivation I stashed all my good legendary then I.D'd them all at the same time, found a nats rings worth 300-400m.
    Last edited by Strifen; 12-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Tuconots
    Diablo III is Running on Consoles at Blizzard

Could Blizzard's newest dungeon crawler be a hit in your living room?

If you're still holding out hope that Diablo III will eventually appear on home consoles, Blizzard's recent chat with Polygon should be music to your ears. According to Blizzard's Chief Creative Officer, Rob Pardo, the developer has fully playable versions of Diablo III running on unspecified consoles.
    Does anyone still give a fuck?

Tuconots
    Nirgon, I saw this in the Path of Exile thread and thought of you:

Thought you might want a heads up since D3 PvP is delayed and the implementation doesn't sound promising.
    Oh fucking Jesus

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Still enjoying this game for some reason but only playing HC and probably done whenever/ifever my WD dies. Last Breath with dog-making mass confusion is interesting as it gives you a whole extra skill slot to play with so to speak, just bumbled into it today. Unfortunately finally bumping into the reflect damage wall more or less.

Tuconots
    I quit this game three weeks after launch because I didn't think the loot schemes or skill builds had nearly enough impact on character uniqueness or play style. Has anything changed in these "game changing" patches that might have changed my opinion of that?

Tuconots
    I've only played the Monk, so I can't really speak for other classes. There's much less emphasis on mandatory defensive skills now, and if you want to run around like a glass canon blowing shit up, you can do that just fine with a fully offensive skill and gear build. You'll need to go defensive again, though, if you want to play on the highest levels of Monster Power difficulty. They've also added new legendary items and changed rare item rolls, so that you're not basically reduced to automatically ignoring anything that isn't ilvl 63 etc. In that sense game has changed for the better.

However, due in part to how respecializing in this game works vs. for example Diablo 2, you're hard pressed to play a special snowflake build, unless you go all out and pick skills that literally only handicap you; they'll slow you down, but if you play at Inferno + Monster Power 0-1, you'll still be able to get by in all acts whereas 3 weeks post-launch you'd be getting your shit pushed in after leaving Inferno act 1.

In other news, apparently the rumored 'PvP Blog' is still at least two weeks away, according to Diablofans. In hindsight I was absolutely being naive as hell expecting content of some kind coming out in time for the holidays, but this is making late January or sometime Febuary seem likely. Oh well! I hope the wait is worthwhile, because it'll be kind of awkward if we get some WoW-arena abortion with a "Diablo 3 PvP!" sticker slapped on it.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    I quit playing a month after launch, I was even thinking of deleting the game from my HD at the time. I didn't, and a week ago my friend got me to relog and try it out. So far I've been impressed by the changes, definitely steps in the right direction. I especially like the MP leveling, and one of the wisest decisions they've made: allowing MP in Normal-Hell also. It makes leveling alts much more enjoyable and you can tailor the difficulty to suit you.

There are still two big detractors though:

1. Too little randomization in the levels, you constantly feel like there should have been 2x as much variety in level design and landscapes. This could change with an expansion.

2. You are still "forced" to use the AH. This may be more of a pet peeve, as I do enjoy games more that just allow me to find and/or craft upgrades as needed. When I load up a game like D3 I want to spend my time hackin'n'slashin monsters for loot, not playing an AH. Not as sure this can be fixed as easily as the first detractor.

Tuconots
    I'm not holding out hope for good PvP, though they pleasantly surprised with 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, so who knows. Today's 8 hrs of downtime for a fuck-all patch was lame.

Moth: you will see numerous loot builds for classes, especially with the revamped legos. Skill variation has increased with less emphasis on defense. For instance, many barbs use the tornado build, but the slam build and HoA build are very viable. Prior to the patches, sword and board frenzy builds were almost necessary to survive. So... maybe enough has changed, hard to say without trying it.

Destroyer of the Ubreast Angry Amadeus's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I see a lot of profiles where vitality is completely abandoned in favor of primary stat. For a monk, should I just ignore everything but +Dex, and look for it on gear?

Here's my monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/28913734

Tuconots
    I haven't played in a while, can you switch skills while playing without it removing the NV buff?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Amadeus View Post
    I see a lot of profiles where vitality is completely abandoned in favor of primary stat. For a monk, should I just ignore everything but +Dex, and look for it on gear?

Here's my monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/28913734
    Looking at your gear, you should be able to comfortably roll in the lower Monster Power levels, although you might sometimes have issues with your relatively low amount of Life on Hit. While on the topic of LoH, as far as I've been able to determine, once your DPS surpasses the 60k range, life leech on stuff like weapons start to win out. It might be pretty costly for you to switch your primary weapon for something with a socket and a high life leech roll, though, but there you go.

As far as Vitality goes, it completely depends on what level of Monster Power you want to play in. If you're playing in the 1-5 range, you're cool with 30k+, but even then you might experience some oneshots in MP5. Your resistances and armor stats also factor in, obviously; the higher those are, the lower hitpoints you can roll with.

In short, if you want to go the pure +DEX route and glasscannon your way to victory, you'll probably want more LoH or lifeleech on your gear/weapons, and try not to drop below 30k hitpoints.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by xzi View Post
    I haven't played in a while, can you switch skills while playing without it removing the NV buff?
    Unfortunately not, no. The only change in that regard, has been a warning popup if you attempt to switch stuff out while you have the NV buff, to alleviate accidental removal etc.

Tuconots
    Wellp, f that.
    I enjoy playing but I don't really want to spend the time farming/buying billions of gold so I can have gear on my monk to get past the last half of the 3rd act.

Tuconots
    You can have one million gold and have enough gear to clear mp0 pretty reliably. Upgrades per piece are like 2mil each, then 8mil, then around 20mil each. There's always things you can snipe on the AH too. I'm at the 200mil+ per upgrade point and have saved up about 70mil towards the upgrade. Feels just right for a Diablo game.

Tuconots
    Wellp, f that..
    Meh.
    Last edited by Angry Amadeus; 02-20-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Tuconots
    I gain xp at absolutely rape speeds on mp1, I care not to ever raise the MP except for key farming/ubers... but I'm not doing that again until like paragon 80.

Tuconots
    Wellp, f that.
    I enjoy playing but I don't really want to spend the time farming/buying billions of gold so I can have gear on my monk to get past the last half of the 3rd act.
    Part of the patches was a BIG decrease in mob damage output in Inferno. Post your profile if you'd like an educated opinion, but if you were making it to A3 inferno before 1.0.4, you would probably faceroll the rest of the game in the same gear after the patches.

Tuconots
    I came back 3 weeks ago, haven't played since 1.03, all classes were 60 before I quit. I didn't think I would ever play again when I quit a few months ago, but man is the game fun again. Now my biggest problem is sticking to a single class for Paragon leveling.

If you come back and are broke i'd suggest shelling out $10 and buying 30-40mil gold on the RM AH. Generally i'm against paying real money for gear/gold, but it made the come back so much more enjoyable. With 30m worth of gear in today's market you can rape lower MP levels and do mp5-8 for Ubers.

Tuconots
    For those of coming back and playing again:

They changed the difficulty in Inferno several times. Inferno elite packs were hard and grouping used to increase the damage that they did. That is no longer the case. After a bit they nerfed Inferno, now they implemented the Monster Power system which makes Inferno much easier than already-nerfed Inferno was. It's said that already-nerfed Inferno is around MP 3 (it ranges from 0-10), so there are 3 MP levels that are much easier than already-nerfed Inferno.

Low MP levels are the best levels to play in terms of efficiency for both experience gain and item drops. The only reason to do higher MP levels is for farming for the new uber quest.

With that information in mind, you can now complete all of Inferno and efficiently farm for exp and loot with very little gear. Mudflation due to people playing with no resets and the drop increases/item buffs has hit the game very hard, items that were high end when you were playing are now garbage and sell for very little gold. You can easily gear a character up to farming tens of millions of experience an hour for just the items and gold that you pick up while leveling.

As someone else said already, many low level items sell for a good amount of gold. If you find a low level item with main stat, vit, or sockets, then put it in your stash and sell it. Don't vendor them unless you know that they are junk. By the time you hit 60 you can easily have enough gold to start farming Inferno.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratama View Post
    Looking at your gear, you should be able to comfortably roll in the lower Monster Power levels, although you might sometimes have issues with your relatively low amount of Life on Hit. While on the topic of LoH, as far as I've been able to determine, once your DPS surpasses the 60k range, life leech on stuff like weapons start to win out. It might be pretty costly for you to switch your primary weapon for something with a socket and a high life leech roll, though, but there you go.

As far as Vitality goes, it completely depends on what level of Monster Power you want to play in. If you're playing in the 1-5 range, you're cool with 30k+, but even then you might experience some oneshots in MP5. Your resistances and armor stats also factor in, obviously; the higher those are, the lower hitpoints you can roll with.

In short, if you want to go the pure +DEX route and glasscannon your way to victory, you'll probably want more LoH or lifeleech on your gear/weapons, and try not to drop below 30k hitpoints.
    Meh.
    Last edited by Angry Amadeus; 02-20-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Tuconots
    I've done all of my gear acquisition though through buying / selling on the AH and have yet to actually find something I can use. I've played a lot, too, so that's kinda frustrating. Knowing that there's a very small chance I'll find an actual upgrade for the character I'm playing the game with seems be my biggest disappointment with this game.
    EQ Beta B Tester.

Tuconots
    I've done all of my gear acquisition though through buying / selling on the AH and have yet to actually find something I can use. I've played a lot, too, so that's kinda frustrating. Knowing that there's a very small chance I'll find an actual upgrade for the character I'm playing the game with seems be my biggest disappointment with this game.
    I hear you. In the time I've spent doing Paragon 1-45, I have yet to see a single personal upgrade drop. I realize the road to 100 is long, and that hitting 50 is supposedly a quarter of the way, but nothing burns me out on the game faster than sitting on the AH when I'd rather be slaying shit for upgrades. I've got gear that enables me to do just that well enough, but it's by no means top of the line or even hitting the level where upgrading is measured in the 100-200 million range, per slot. That's why it feels so crummy not to loot even one goddamn upgrade.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratama View Post
    I hear you. In the time I've spent doing Paragon 1-45, I have yet to see a single personal upgrade drop. I realize the road to 100 is long, and that hitting 50 is supposedly a quarter of the way, but nothing burns me out on the game faster than sitting on the AH when I'd rather be slaying shit for upgrades. I've got gear that enables me to do just that well enough, but it's by no means top of the line or even hitting the level where upgrading is measured in the 100-200 million range, per slot. That's why it feels so crummy not to loot even one goddamn upgrade.
    I agree too, the AH is the single biggest issue I have with the game. Or more specifically, being forced to use it. It would have been a great addition if it were an optional, or alternative way to get gear, but the way it is implemented and how the loot drops work there is almost no way you can play the game above lvl 10-20 just by equipping stuff you loot/craft. This, coupled with how seldom skill upgrades happen (by that I mean, you ding and go and make changes to your character, or put points in a stat or something like that, the way d2 or Torchlight 1/2 work) means that you are much less aware of actual progress in the game.

Tuconots
    Haven't played my monk since a bit after 1.4 .. I know my gear is a bit clunky. I recovered from a loss of character and gold ..I can't even remember what gear I have in my inventory.

How hard would it be to progress in inferno? Or at least get some farm going or something..

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/...2/hero/1133817

Tuconots
    Haven't played my monk since a bit after 1.4 .. I know my gear is a bit clunky. I recovered from a loss of character and gold ..I can't even remember what gear I have in my inventory.

How hard would it be to progress in inferno? Or at least get some farm going or something..

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/...2/hero/1133817
    The 2 things I would try to improve on your monk:

1) Get some crit chance in all the slots it is available: helm, ammy, rings, gloves, bracers

2) Replace your weapons with something with crit dmg, sockets or both

Doing that should up your DPS quite a bit. If you find your HPs aren't holding up well, you may need to boost LoH, especially if you have to give up LifeSteal on your weapon. About how much gold do you have to spend on upgrades?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    It would have been a great addition if it were an optional, or alternative way to get gear, but the way it is implemented and how the loot drops work there is almost no way you can play the game above lvl 10-20 just by equipping stuff you loot/craft.
    Level 10-20? That experience differs from mine. I didn't have gear limiting issues until late Hell/early Inferno on my first character and I feel like I used the AH sparingly. However, you (and the other posters) are definitely right about that AH being nearly mandatory for Inferno, especially prior to the 1.0.4/1.0.5 patches. With the upped drop rates, lowered mob dmg output and improved stat rolls, I think it would be viable farm your way up, though it would be very slow in comparison to using the AH.

As far as getting upgrades in Inferno while using the AH, they are rare. My IK chest was a drop and very lucky one at that. I also got an IK belt similar to the one I'm wearing that I used until I upgraded it for Bash dmg. I also had both of the barb set mighty weps drop with socket rolls, which is lucky as fuck. Since I wasn't using a dual wield build, they weren't upgrades but they would have been otherwise.

So let me ask a different question: if you haven't had a personal upgrade drop while doing paragon exp, have you at least had some items drop that sold for a lot on the AH (i.e. would have likely been upgrades if you were a different class)?

Tuconots
    If you're on non-HC, damage just destroys everything so far it's worth the few deaths you'll take missing out on some vit.

Tuconots
    I have about 150k to spend on upgrades I believe.

I'm updating now.. gonna go try to buy cheap decent +gold gear and farm the shit out of act 1 I think. I'm kind of excited to try 1.5

Tuconots
    I would honestly pick up every yellow even if you're vendoring it until upgrades you purchase are no longer in the 2mil range.

I think a full drop to the vendor is worth... 20k?

It takes time just a little time. Most people come back, farm for a day or two and throw in the towel... unless I spot them a lil $ and advice.

If you get to the point you can farm up some infernal machines, I got a group to run you through your hellfire rings, the more machines the merrier. You want to bring 3x machines per run cuz we're burned out of farming em, but if I have some on deck for some reason I'd spot ya.
    DoTA 2 / Dark Souls 3 / Lurking P99 / D3 Profile

Waiting for Shadow Bane Emu to finish

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    So let me ask a different question: if you haven't had a personal upgrade drop while doing paragon exp, have you at least had some items drop that sold for a lot on the AH (i.e. would have likely been upgrades if you were a different class)?
    I haven't bothered with Paragon levels yet, burned out on my 60 barb pre patch, so I've been casually working on my WD since (lvl50 now). The most expensive thing I've ever sold on the AH was 60k. I mostly just put stuff up for 15k bid, 30k buyout, if it sells, it sells, if it doesn't i melt it and sell the components. So the most money I have ever had is about 500-600k.

I know I'm probably giving away some good stuff that could prolly be sold for hundreds of k (even millions? who knows?), but fuck it. I can maybe spend 1 hour a day, several days a week playing this game (or any game for that matter), and I just don't have the time, patience, will or desire to go searching the AH for similar statted items to see what they are selling for. If I had a friend who played d3 a shit ton and loved to play the AH I'd prolly just send him all my yellows and tell him to just give me 20% and I'd prolly get far more than I do now, but I don't have someone like that, and to be honest, for a game like Diablo, I find this sort of thing to be the antithesis of what you are supposed to be doing. But that's just me ranting.

Tuconots
    You just need some pals on your friends list to link things to until you get the idea of things. That's how I figured out what's worth what.

Learning what are the valuable random stats you can get on legendaries etc.

Tuconots
    I know I'm probably giving away some good stuff that could prolly be sold for hundreds of k (even millions? who knows?), but fuck it. I can maybe spend 1 hour a day, several days a week playing this game (or any game for that matter), and I just don't have the time, patience, will or desire to go searching the AH for similar statted items to see what they are selling for.
    You are in luck. Part of the improvements to the AH is that you can right-click an item in the Sell tab and Search for Items With Similar Stats. One right-click and the search is done for you. Tweak the stats down a little, delete the ones no one cares about (there's a delete button on each row now), run the search, sell yours for less than the lowest comparable buyout. Profit. It's 100x more efficient before where they tied your hands with only 3 stats and you had to enter & delete everything manually (which was fucking awful).

These changes took the AH from awful to bearable IMO.

Tuconots
    Surprised no one is playing HC. Still having a lot of fun. Economy is pretty great, even crappy mainstate/vit/AR items still sell for 50k and any end game legendaries even terrible rolls sell for 1m+. Every day I pick up 1-3 mil in gold from the AH in an hour or two of play. Of course that means I've been saving for a zuni chest for like 2 weeks because they start at 35mil...

Tuconots
    I agree too, the AH is the single biggest issue I have with the game. Or more specifically, being forced to use it. This, coupled with how seldom skill upgrades happen (by that I mean, you ding and go and make changes to your character, or put points in a stat or something like that, the way d2 or Torchlight 1/2 work) means that you are much less aware of actual progress in the game.
    Nail on the head right there. The game is fun, no doubt, but I just can't buy the "we're protecting players" bit from Blizzard leadership around the decisions made to keep and integrate the AH. It is the biggest issue with me enjoying the game. I haven't really gotten anything to drop that's worth more than 1-2M, in any run, and I have *never* landed an actual upgrade from playing my monk since returning in 1.05. Not once.

That should speak volumes about how different this game is from D2, and how far away it veers from the magic formula that D2 had. I don't really feel the *need* to log in, like I did in D2 - if I just did one more Pindle run, or one more Meph run on NM, there's a good chance I would see a unique, and that I might be able to use it or trade it.

With Diablo 3, my mind is now thinking "What could this be worth on the AH, and then in turn which piece of gear needs that small, incremental upgrade using the money that I get from the sale of the item I looted but cannot use." - this is totally ass-backwards in my view and really, ultimately will lead to me dropping the game again. Perhaps sooner rather than later.
    EQ Beta B Tester.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    You are in luck. Part of the improvements to the AH is that you can right-click an item in the Sell tab and Search for Items With Similar Stats. One right-click and the search is done for you. Tweak the stats down a little, delete the ones no one cares about (there's a delete button on each row now), run the search, sell yours for less than the lowest comparable buyout. Profit. It's 100x more efficient before where they tied your hands with only 3 stats and you had to enter & delete everything manually (which was fucking awful).

These changes took the AH from awful to bearable IMO.
    Oh. My. God! This is amazing! Thank you for letting me know! I was just talking about this with a friend saying "why don't they let you search for items with the same stats?" "They'll prolly never implement that!" You just made my day good sir!

Tuconots
    Now if only they had a "Reset" button to clear all of the stats and search form.
    EQ Beta B Tester.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    @Angry Amadeus, I think they will ultimately realise the mistake they made with the AH system. I certainly hope that other game developers do and DO NOT go down this path. Sure, they may see $ in their eyes from their cut of the RMAH, but sweet fuck it's just not a fun aspect of the game.

Tuconots
    here is my barb, any pointers on gear would be helpfull

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/26678052

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    here is my barb, any pointers on gear would be helpfull

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/26678052
    How much do you have to spend and do you plan on sticking with Tornado build or are you open to a different one?

Tuconots
    Oh. My. God! This is amazing! Thank you for letting me know! I was just talking about this with a friend saying "why don't they let you search for items with the same stats?" "They'll prolly never implement that!" You just made my day good sir!
    No problem, hopefully that helps improve your cash flow without a lot of hassle.

Tuconots
    Now if only they had a "Reset" button to clear all of the stats and search form.
    I agree, it would be nice. However, if you want to completely clear out the search form, closing and opening the AH will do it quickly. If you are selling multiple items, you can just right-click Search for Similar on the next item and it will reset and fill out the fields properly.

Tuconots
    atm I think im aroudn 500k gold, i spent what i had on that skorn, and im open to any possibility its just a build i saw and seemed to work, i will say i can't handle mp2 or higher atm

Tuconots
    Don't worry about the higher MPs unless key farming or killing ubers.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    atm I think im aroudn 500k gold, i spent what i had on that skorn, and im open to any possibility its just a build i saw and seemed to work, i will say i can't handle mp2 or higher atm
    If you have a Skorn, a Seismic Slam build works well. I'm biased though, since I use it. For either Slam or Tornado build, Crit Chance is very important. I'm not in front of the AH right now, so I'm not sure how far 500k will go. But the first step would be to get CC in every slot it is available: helm, ammy, rings, gloves, bracer. Weapon Master will give you another 10% CC with Skorn, so you are good there.

Your Vit is pretty low, even though you have lots of %Life. This should actually be helpful, because the Vit you add will be multiplied up. Blackthorne's was a good call, but too many other slots are Vit free.

If you could swap out the Bul-Kathos ring for a Str/Vit/LoH/CC ring, that would be helpful. Getting CC on the helm would be big as well. Since you are using LifeSteal, upping your DPS also helps survivability.

Also, upgrade the gem in your Skorn to at least a Star, preferably higher. Extra CD will make a big difference as you bring your CC up.

Tuconots
    You would think that you'd get better stuff from higher MP levels, but it doesn't seem to work that way. The best shit I've gotten has all been from MP 0 and 1. I've been doing MP7 almost exclusively this week and I haven't found a single thing worth selling. I'm finally attempting to get a hellfire ring. So far, I've used 6 infernal machines at MP5 and gotten 1 item. Not ideal. I think I can probably solo them at MP6, but not sure about anything higher than that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirgon View Post
    Don't worry about the higher MPs unless key farming or killing ubers.
    It takes so long to farm the infernal machine parts solo. I did, tried and beat the mini bosses duo on MP3, and nothing.

People talk about the WoW-ification of this game. It's really true. With the infernal machine and hellfire ring quest, they (essentially) require forced grouping. Combine that with the required AH, and hot damn - two steps further away from the magic that was D2.
    EQ Beta B Tester.

Tuconots
    Heh if you did D2 Ubers.. ugh.

Tuconots
    I would honestly pick up every yellow even if you're vendoring it until upgrades you purchase are no longer in the 2mil range.

I think a full drop to the vendor is worth... 20k?

It takes time just a little time. Most people come back, farm for a day or two and throw in the towel... unless I spot them a lil $ and advice.

If you get to the point you can farm up some infernal machines, I got a group to run you through your hellfire rings, the more machines the merrier. You want to bring 3x machines per run cuz we're burned out of farming em, but if I have some on deck for some reason I'd spot ya.
    i fall into this category but its not cause i dont have $ or the gear, my gear isnt amazing but i can truck through mp6/7 for keys.. and mp1 is easy as fuck, just feels so blah, maybe its my WD idk man just feels bad when i try to play....

i couldent even stomach farming 1 single infernal machine...
    lets play sometime man show me the light

Tuconots
    I stopped playing a few weeks before GW2 launch but it's good to see the game turned it around (maybe?). If anyone wants to group with a Monk let me know, I'm sure my gear is shit compared to what's good now but iirc I was in Act 2 or 3 of Inferno before I called it. Patching now, I'll update with my tag when it loads.
    Currently playing HotS and Overwatch

Tuconots
    I was trying to farm up keys on mp4/5 but after 8 runs in a row with no key I just kinda stopped playing. I'm way far away from being able to solo higher MPs and a Hellfire Ring and tons of gold to outfit my other characters is all I really have to aim for.

Tuconots
    Yeah, when I picked D3 up again following the introduction of Paragon levels and the Infernal Machine, I got a Vile Ward which sold for 85 million gold post-AH tax. Since then - and I'm not exagerating - I've never sold an item for more than 500k-1 million. The market is completely saturated with low-mid end gear, at least in the European region, so much so that you won't sell shit unless you spend a lot of time browsing the AH actively undercutting. It's doable for sure, but it's not fun in my book.

Anyways, I've never looted an upgrade for myself.

Tuconots
    This game becomes excellent once you get the demonbuddy plugin.

I'm hoping for my next RMA-able item

Tuconots
    Demonbuddy is a bot and probably shouldn't be used or advocated.

Tuconots
    Xzi, check your PMs bro.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Punko View Post
    This game becomes excellent once you get the demonbuddy plugin.

I'm hoping for my next RMA-able item
    id probably still be playing if hellbuddy didnt go down the drain.

not even a refund :X just shut the fuck down.

Tuconots
    Is there finally PvP? If not they did not "fix" this shitstain of a game.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    Is there finally PvP? If not they did not "fix" this shitstain of a game.
    Nope, idk how they are going to do PvP with Wd's still being utter shit.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    I'm wondering how pvp can be introduced considering the immense difference between both classes, and even characters of the same class. Check out the DPS here for example, these folks are in a league of their own. Until I saw this I thought 100-150k was the absolute max you could get.

http://diablo.somepage.com/rating/dps

Tuconots
    Just a point on this, those people on that list are logged out with massive amounts of buffs on, and have completely impractical builds designed to boost their character sheet dps on sites like the one linked. Check out diabloprogress for actual dps that only counts gear and not temporary buffs and passives. There is still some very impressive numbers on there but no one is anywhere near 1M dps.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    Interesting how the class distributions change dramatically between the two sites. But one still sees a lot of class discrepancy.

I'm wondering just how useful PVP in a game such as this is. The reason being that if you want to have pvp then you need to balance the classes so one isn't OP compared to the others (or one that lags behind). That means you can't have a system where game difficulty is class dependent.

Personally, I like games where difficulty is class dependent as it means the core game can remain the same but you chose how challenging you want it to be by picking your class.

But this is probably not what Bliz is thinking about...

Tuconots
    PVP is going to be a trainwreck.

I'm seeing the high-end people on my friends list online 20 hours a day at least, quite obvious they are botting.

Impossible for a legit player that doesn't use RMA to compete with those guys.

Also they can't even balance the classes for PVE, how would they be able to do it for PVE and PVP?

Not gonna happen.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by TecKnoe View Post
    lets play sometime man show me the light
    Sounds good. Add me and try to catch me on. I've been playing a little Path of Exile because there is a promise of real PvP.

Tuconots
    Sounds good. Add me and try to catch me on. I've been playing a little Path of Exile because there is a promise of real PvP.
    I've created a monster....

Tuconots
    I still play casually, an hour here and there, mostly because I abandoned my monk for a DH that I want to level to 100. I only play because I enjoy the combat. The loot game is still completely fucked and a waste of time. I only bother picking up legendaries and a few other yellows but they almost always get salvaged. Long term, I'm actually sort of playing along with the hope of an expansion. I think PvP is going to be completely fucked. Barb is so infinitely better than any class it is impossible to imagine how it could be basically balanced, and then you have the problem of people sinking billions of gold (bought or botted, mostly) into characters. No wonder it keeps getting delayed.

Tuconots
    I've created a monster....
    A very wound up text message from Mr. Kringe was the last nail in the coffin.

There nothing else I've encountered, even in EQ PvP, that is like running at someone in HC Diablo style PvP. You can feel that shit in your bones the next day.

I'll stop talking about PoE in here lol.

Tuconots
    I finished getting all the classes to paragon 1 today, and I'm pretty burnt out.

Earlier, I promised to post the lvl 60 gear costs for my non-main classes (I didn't keep records of my barb's gear costs). We'll start with the wizard:

Wizard - 11/24/2012 (date most of the gear was purchased)
    ----
    Head - Storm Crow; Sock random - 140,000 gold
    Shoulders - Yellow [Int/Vit/AR/Armor/PUR] - 1,500,000 gold
    Amulet - Yellow [Int/Vit/Dmg/CC/LOH] - 100,000 gold
    Chest - Yellow [Int/Vit/AR/3Sock]- 75,000 gold
    Gloves - Yellow [Int/Vit/IAS/CC] - 390,000 gold
    Bracers - Lacuni Prowlers; Int/Vit/FireR/AR random - 1,500,000 gold
    Belt - Yellow [Int/AR/%Life] - handed down (100,000)
    Pants - Depth Diggers; 178Int/59Vit, Str/Dex random - 800,000 gold
    Ring 1 - Yellow [Int/Vit/Dmg/LOH/CD] - handed down (600,000)
    Ring 2 - Yellow [Int/Vit/LOH/CC/%Life] - 193,000 gold
    Boots - Zunimassa's Trail; Dex, Regen random - 700,000 gold
    Weapon - Yellow Wand [1028 DPS, Int/Vit/Sock] - 300,000 gold
    Off Hand - Triumvirate; 113Vit random - 40,000 gold

Total - 5,738,000 gold + 2 handed-down items worth ~700,000 gold

My goal in gearing him was to amp the black dmg weapon with +ele damage where possible. I made some minor upgrades to pieces, but the gear is mostly intact on my profile as of this post if you want specifics on stats. The skills are a remnant from my overpowered leveling gear, they need a rework.

Most of the gear prices reflect what you could find if you are willing to search a little for a deal. All or nearly all were buyouts rather than auction wins. I don't think any of them were sniped at super low prices. Triumvirates and Storm Crows are freakishly cheap, even with decent random and stat rolls. Jewelry in general is cheap unless you are going for perfect roll stuff. As expected, the softcore market is getting saturated with decent gear. Top end rolls are still pricey, but good items are much more accessible now.

Anyway, if people find this helpful, I will follow up with other classes.

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots
    Haast, what MP lvl are you running with that Wiz setup?

Tuconots
    MP10... in Hell difficulty. Because of the accelerated xp from monster power + HF ring + helm ruby, all of my alts hit paragon 1 well before the end of Hell mode. The WD almost paragoned in Act 2 Hell.

What Inferno MP they can handle is a really good question, though. I'll follow up when I make it there.

Tuconots
    I have a lot of D3 gold I'm looking to unload. PM if you're interested, will sell at whatever the lowest current rate is.

Thread Information