Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terraria

Tuconots

Terraria

Did a search and there wasn't a specific thread on this game, and I know there was one on FoH.

So I picked it up the other day during the Steam sale and have been losing many a hour to it so far. Was wondering what others thought of this game, and any tips you guys have would be appreciated as well.

Tuconots
    It's Minecraft with really fun progression and absolutely zero replayability.

Tuconots
    The game will suck your life away for like a week then there is nothing more to do in it

However it is a fantastic week while it lasts

Tuconots
    It's coming to Live / PS3 this quarter, and should be developed for beyond the initial release.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardisk View Post
    It's Minecraft with really fun progression and absolutely zero replayability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenks View Post
    The game will suck your life away for like a week then there is nothing more to do in it

However it is a fantastic week while it lasts
    Well, thats a little sad to hear. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I last. Thanks!

Tuconots
    I don't know if there is another legal way to have fun for a week for 5$
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    Think I'm about done with this thread, I think I'm being trolled at this point.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by November View Post
    It's coming to Live / PS3 this quarter, and should be developed for beyond the initial release.
    Thats good to hear for the console crowd, shame he wouldn't let someone else take over when the pc dev lost interest. Gaslamp Games of Dungeons of Dredmore fame even offered to take it over and he refused. I suspect what pissed people off the most was it being announced as out of future support right after the boxed copy was launched.

Still, for the 1.50 or so every Steam sale it's more than worth it and there are some damn nice mods out there which are all the more impressive as there's no official mod support.

Starbound is something to keep an eye on, Terraria in space with mechs! I'll edit in a link tomorrow when back on my pc.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphid View Post
    I don't know if there is another legal way to have fun for a week for 5$
    What exactly is illegal and costs 5 bucks for an entire week? wtf lol

Fazana is hitting the nail on the head. Get some mods for this game and you'll have an even better time.

Tuconots
    If you like Terraria, its spiritual successor is due out in a couple of months.

http://playstarbound.com/

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexzander View Post

That game looks freaking awesome.

Tuconots
    I was hoping it would be out for the holidays so it could ruin my life when I had some free time.

"AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Tuconots
    When it first came out I played it nonstop until I maxed out all my gear. Definitely worth five bucks. I wish MC had the boss summoning system and gear progression of Terraria.

Tuconots
    I played the hell out of it before the big update with all the new stuff. Then after the update I started up a new one and played the hell out of that. Its so ridiculously addictive.

Every time that game's name comes up, the overworld music plays in my head.
    Kaige#1128 - Battle.net
    Kaige - Steam

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexzander View Post

Game has my money when it comes out

Tuconots
    Make a penis fortress with diamond gems for jizz coming out.

Tuconots
    Can't see myself giving money to these guys again even if Starbound is awesome. They promised all kinds of features for Terraria that would be included after you purchased the game, and then quickly just abandoned it as soon as the purchases started to dwindle a little. I'm just not into supporting developers that abandon unfinished games to make the same game (in space).

Tuconots
    From reading between the lines in interviews, apparently there was some in-house drama at the end of Terraria's dev/support cycle. One of the creators went home to be a family man, one left to start working on Starbound. They appear to already have formed a team for post release content as well, but I guess they could have said that before Terraria came out.

At any rate, I was late to the Terraria party. I bought it after they stopped development/updates. I got my 10 bucks worth.

Holy shit, after checking Steam I got 85 hours out of it.

Tuconots
    There are a few mods available for Terraria. I enjoyed the Red Cloud mod, it's kind of an RPG. All exploration and no building on a huge map.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...d-cloud.87617/

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiker View Post
    Can't see myself giving money to these guys again even if Starbound is awesome. They promised all kinds of features for Terraria that would be included after you purchased the game, and then quickly just abandoned it as soon as the purchases started to dwindle a little. I'm just not into supporting developers that abandon unfinished games to make the same game (in space).
    It's not the same people, afaik nobody on the Starbound team worked on Terraria. They started work on it after Terraria announced it was done.

Edit: hmm I need to check again from what I've just seen above.

Right, there we go, the main Terraria dev held sole rights and hired people for specific jobs. He's the one that pulled the plug for family reasons after the box launch. The graphic artist who was hired for it is the lead dev on Starbound. So yeah I guess there is a connection but Terraria stopping before a whole load of future promises had been met was down to the main man.

Starbounds main "problem" so far is the sheer amount of time between updates on how far they are, they kicked out a character generator at christmas but sometimes the wording suggests they are still miles away from a launch. Possibly trying to bite off too much for a first release but I suppose aiming high shouldn't be dismissed too easily.
    Last edited by Fazana; 01-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Tuconots
    The graphic designer from Terraria left to form Chucklefish, which is developing Starbound.

Tuconots
    Most things you read about Starbound include some form of "by the devs of Terraria!" so I never really looked into it. You're sorta right, Finn Brice was the sprite artist of Terraria and seems to be the lead of Chucklefish which is developing Starbound. It appears that Andrew Spinks ("Redigit") and "Blue" were the two main devs who abandoned Terraria after getting rich from it.

Unless the other 2 guys are going by an alternate name when it comes to Starbound development, I guess they don't have much to do it with it. So, sorry about the false information. I still really dislike those Terraria guys, their intention was obviously to just make a game to make money from instead of just actually wanting to make a great game for people to enjoy. I probably shouldn't let that tarnish my opinion of Starbound.

Tuconots
    Like others have said, the game will devour you until you make most of the rare stuff. Really fun multiplayer, as well as some great griefing!

oops.jpg

Demisexual Polyromantic
    Tuconots
    Kaige mentioned terraria would be fun so... Terraria server! Clean slate only. I will reset the server when beat the last boss a few times.

IP: 209.188.25.82
    Port: 7783

Tuconots
    Bah! I was hoping this was a bump for starbound info. ha.

Demisexual Polyromantic
    Tuconots
    Unless someone beats me to it, I will have a starbound server up for RR.

Tuconots
    Those of you who are running servers, check out the server mods. I had a few installed on mine that added some nice features.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    Bah! I was hoping this was a bump for starbound info. ha.
    Got me too. :/

Tuconots
    Calac and I, with a brief visit from Yerm eheh, had a really productive day. We mined about 30 admin spots and got enough to finish everyone's admin suits. I farmed enough after Cal left that I have all 3 of my suits done and ready to go after the souls! hehe It's so much more fun with people to actually play with. :-)

Tuconots
    These bumps are killing me, keep expecting some unexpected "WE'RE BACK HUGE UPDATE" or StarBound info.

Tuconots
    You should come play with us *nods*

Tuconots
    Where?

Tuconots
    IP: 209.188.25.82
    Port: 7783

Tuconots
    Yeah I've been relying on this kind of thread to hear when Starbound has finally stopped the feature creep from hell and has actually been launched. Every time I've ploughed through the several hundred posts I've missed on SA about it I've ended up disappointed at still no release date.

Terraria is on sale again on Steam atm I believe, there's almost nothing out there that gives you so much gaming fun for 1.49 or whatever. I never messed with the mod scene but my son said there are some decent Total Conversions kicking about.

Tuconots
    I haev found very few that are actually worth getting involved with. Most just add mobs and items, which is fine with me, but some try and change the whole look and feel of it and I just don't understand why anyone would want to do that.

Tuconots
    Seeing this bumped got me interested enough to look at the Terraria thread on SA and it turns out Redigit has come out of retirement and is working on another update for the PC version! It's roughly scheduled for the end of May/June and thus far has over 100 item added?! Other than that he has released zero extra info.

Apparently Terraria came out on the PS3 and 360 in the last week, lucky bar stewards get 4 player split screen action and an ingame map.

Tuconots
    Yeah the map mod is the only one I run. Makes life so much easier.

Also I farmed all day today and got my wings! If you have never had them OMG what a treat they are! And easy as hell to get too if you can handle hardcore mobs. Gotta kill the wyvern that spawns randomly in the sky around 5 times for 25 Flight Souls then go to a fairy place and kill them for 30 light souls (for angel wings) or kill the mobs in the corruption for 30 Night souls. And then kill harpies for 10 feathers. Go to a mythiral anvil and boom you can now fly and have safe fall. I farmed it and the cloud in a balloon, obsidian horseshoe, and specter shoes so I am set finally as far as accessory goes. Got 2 spots open still. I started farming the mats for a Neptune's shell and I will either farm up for a GPS or get a philosopher's stone but haven't decided yet. I also went ahead and finished getting all three sets of hardcore armor sets done so I can start to work on a Hallowed set.
    Last edited by Camerous; 03-31-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Tuconots
    anyone else want to join? need a few more people to help clear the 3 bosses to get the hallow gear. the 2 bosses eye and skull keep despawning on us when everyone dies to close together.
    Last edited by Calac Oakshield; 03-31-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Calac Oakshield View Post
    anyone else want to join? need a few more people to help clear the 3 bosses to get the hallow gear. the 2 bosses eye and skull keep despawning on us when everyone dies to close together.
    I played Terraria for about 20 hours total. I played it mostly like minecraft, digging down, gathering mats to build a house and getting soem crafting done. And starting over a lot. I never saw a boss or anything. Is there really content I cannot see/beat if I play alone or with my kid? Are bosses' difficulty set and not based on the number of players?

Tuconots
    In vanilla Terraria, I was able to beat all of the bosses handily playing solo, it was just a matter of gearing up appropriately and having a strategy for some of the encounters.

Tuconots
    I played this game a lot on release. I think I had even more fun disassembling the game and making my own customer server with better anti griefing, which made my server pretty popular =p Hopefully future games come with better out of the box modding support.

Tuconots
    Last I read on the terraria forums Redigit was thinking of developing more content for the game, that was a couple months ago. I try to avoid those forums as much as I can. What a fucking cesspool.

Edit: Yes, he is indeed active in the community right now. http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/redigit.9411/

Edit2: With the caveat that I put 215 hours into Terraria, I'm looking forward to Starbound moreso than the "potential" for more Terraria updates. You can sign up for their newsletter: http://playstarbound.com/newsletter/ which is going to let us know once they have a release date.
    Last edited by Venijk; 04-03-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Tuconots
    First post from Redigit with some new stuff in it http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...spoiler.97577/

Tuconots
    Looks like some new mobs, clouds/rain, and maybe a graphic up grade?

Tuconots
    Half blocks apparently!

Tuconots
    OMMFG!!! I had SP down to just his damn fucking head and the server crashed!!! 80 defense and 65% damage seems to be the ticket!

Tuconots
    well I farmed the destroyer 5 times and got you guys 77 mights and put in a couple extra pieces of hallowed I had and some ninja suits. They are in my chest above my house (the house above the main base). You all are more than welcome to them. Gonna see if I can do SP before I log to play some MC.

Tuconots
    WTF guys... I get SP back to down to just a head and server boots me again....

Tuconots
    What's the ETA on the new patch??

Tuconots
    I went back and left you guys another chest of stuff. Figured there was no point it just sitting in my house on my personal world lol. Enjoy!

Tuconots
    PS dead. Soloed in 7 mins. I left his souls in the chest. :-)

Tuconots
    The current projected release date is june/july, it sounds like he's not rushing though.

Here's a google doc which keeps track of terarria spoilers, it has some pretty interesting stuff
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...vniOPGJdI/edit

I'm getting cautiously excited. It looks like quite a bit of content in there.

Tuconots
    For those of you who have played this game multiplayer a bunch... is it just a fact of the game (poor network code?) that the clients to the server have annoying latency that results in warping mobs? I'm trying to play hardcore characters but basically any demon eye will hit me once for every time I can hit it once since it warps to me constantly. Same with the Eater dudes in the corruption areas. Even zombies warp a bit, it's totally obnoxious.

Tuconots
    Terraria is the mid-week special on Steam, 66% off. I wonder if that means the patch will be ready soon. A lot of times they put it on sale close to patch time.

Tuconots
    So if I last played when they added drills and the various new bosses have they not added any content since then?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenks View Post
    So if I last played when they added drills and the various new bosses have they not added any content since then?
    That was the last big content drop. I think they added some content for xmas and a couple of other minor things.

Tuconots
    You missing some high quality nerd rage when the dev guy had a kid and said he wasn't doing any more updates (was around january last year).

I wouldn't expect this update too soon, the last thing he said was june/july.

There was a post about reaching 100 items. Apparently the console version of the game had 654 items, so knock a hundred off that or so for the PC version = nearly doubling the amount of items in the game for this patch.

Tuconots

As far as "quality nerd rage" to be fair to the angry, he had made a load of promises and waited until the boxed version hit the shops before then saying "Oh btw, I changed my mind. I'm done, cheers all!" I more than felt I got my moneys worth from both copies (bought one full price and another steam sale priced at 1.50 or so) so I wasn't too annoyed, just more a "Cheeky bastard!" reaction to his timing.

Anyways, with Starbound being developed slower than the heat death of the universe he has had time to enjoy being a father and decide he likes money after all!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazana View Post
    As far as "quality nerd rage" to be fair to the angry, he had made a load of promises and waited until the boxed version hit the shops before then saying "Oh btw, I changed my mind. I'm done, cheers all!" I more than felt I got my moneys worth from both copies (bought one full price and another steam sale priced at 1.50 or so) so I wasn't too annoyed, just more a "Cheeky bastard!" reaction to his timing.

Anyways, with Starbound being developed slower than the heat death of the universe he has had time to enjoy being a father and decide he likes money after all!
    Don't get me wrong, I was miffed when I found out he was "finished" doing updates. I'm talking about the folks who got literally enraged and spewed hate all over the Terraria forums like he killed their dog or something.

Tuconots
    Yeah, the world is full of loonies who react rather badly to not getting their $5 worth.

The new video looks interesting, rocket launcher! Climbing blocks without jumping \o/

Tuconots
    Started playing this again with my kid. I'd like to actually focus on climbing a gear ladder instead of trying to build a cool house. I don't necessarily want shortcuts to the BiS gear. But maybe a quick guide on what to hunt/mine for to get what items and in what order. I checked out the wiki and saw the different pickaxe materials so that's what I am gonna do first. Get myself some iron or gold. I already made a grappling hook which makes mining a lot better.

What's the natural next steps gear wise?

Tuconots
    There's ways to metagame and leapfrog ahead by huge amounts in the Terraria tier system, but if you want to take a more relaxed approach, while still being efficient, this is about how I usually do it.

To start, I'll make a wooden sword since I hate the stabbing weapons such as the starter sword. I next chop a bunch of wood and then begin working on my "hellevator" down to the magma level. While digging my hellevator I'll usually make a silver or iron pick to speed it up some. Once I finally reach the magma level, I've usually naturally come across enough gold to make at the least a golden bow, which I will craft to take down the eye boss. Any leftover gold, silver, or iron from my hellevator project I will use to make helm / chest / legs. I then build a very basic arena to fight the eye, and farm enough lenses to spawn him. Taking out the eye with the golden bow + fire arrows is fairly easy, and this gives you demonite ore.

One eye kill will give you enough ore to make the Light's Bane sword, which is all you need to take out the eater of worlds. I will next buy about 5-7 dynamite, gather up some consumables, and go off to find the corruption. Once found, I'll use dynamite to blast through to some orbs and spawn the eater of worlds. You may want to use some wooden platforms in the area of the third orb before spawning him to have an easier time with the kill, but he isn't very hard if you use potion buffs and the Light's Bane sword. Killing him gets you shadow scales (and more demonite). First thing to do is make a Nightmare Pickaxe, With the remaining ore/scales, start working on the shadow armor suit. You want the full 3 pieces of the suit for the set bonus, so farm up the items to spawn eater or eye again until you have enough materials to finish the suit.

Next order of business is to get some of the really nice accessories from the dungeon, but in order to do that you first need to defeat Skeletron. I like the minishark to kill both Skeleton and Wall of Flesh (the next boss), so I'll scrounge up the money to buy a minishark and a ton of ammunition to kill him. Again, make a basic arena outside the dungeon to dodge him easier, then take him out.

From the dungeon, you're going to want to get a cobalt shield, a shadow key, a few extra golden keys, and optionally a muramasa. You will also want to spend some time in the jungle to craft an ivy whip, and optionally find a blade of grass. Next, use some gravity potions and find your floating islands. Using the golden keys you found, try to get a golden horseshoe and a shiny red baloon. Finally, upgrade your cobalt shield and golden horseshoe with obsidian skulls to make the higher tier accessories.

Use any extra cash you have with your tinker (goblins should have invaded by now, which lets you find him soon after) to get the warding property on as many accessories as you have. Having 5 accessories "of warding" is an extreme defensive boost. If it's not an end-game accessory, then lower defense mods like armored or guarding are fine.

At this point you have a choice. You can skip the hellstone gear, or spend time obtaining that. If you decide to do the hellstone tier, then mine that and make a full suit. At the bare minimum, you must make the molten pickaxe, as it's required anyway before the next tier. Crafting a fiery greatsword, then combining it with your old light's bane sword, the blade of grass, and muramasa gets you the best pre-hardmode sword (though I prefer minishark for wall of flesh anyway). One final step I'd recommend before spawning hardmode is go out and gather 20 meteorite bars + 10 of the same kind of gem (any) to make a phaseblade. Phaseblades are kind of meh, but their hardmode upgrade is excellent.

Now setup a long bridge to fight wall of flesh, spawn him, and unlock hard mode. Optionally, keep spawning and farming wall of flesh until you get the emblem for your favored weapon type, as it's an endgame accessory.

You are now in hard mode. The end-game ultimate gear is hallowed, and it requires you to craft 1 of every single hardmode tier, so at this point there's no more skipping around, you have to make it all. The one thing I would recommend you try to do as soon as possible is mine 50 crystal shards. Combine those shards with your phaseblade, which will upgrade it to a phase sabre. Phase sabres are $$, they have high attack power, fast attack speed, large reach, and are auto-fire. I'd recommend you spend some gold to get the legendary modifier on the sabre with the tinker if you can.

As to the hard mode bosses order of progression, once you get a phase sabre, a pair of wings, some of the hardmode armor, and most/all of your accessories reforged to "of warding", the destroyer is a fairly easy kill. Farming The Destroyer gets you souls of might, which let you get the final tier of breastplate, sword, and most importantly, the megashark. The megashark weapon is almost brokenly overpowered in Terraria, though it eats through ammunition like woah. Using the megashark and a proper arena to fight in, you can take out the other 2 hard mode bosses without much issue.

Enjoy!

Registered User The Dauntless One's Avatar
    Tuconots
    That's a lot more content that I originally played. I might fire it up again and restart the game.

Tuconots
    Edit: looks like Sinzar already made a nice little guide.

The only thing i would made a point to recommend is flails are way way way awesome. Ball o' Hurt and Sunfury and then later on the Dao of Pow are all excellent, especially against the Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer. This is made more important because The Destroyer is the gateway to the Megashark, which is typically the weapon of choice for boss killin'.

With the Dao of Pow you can grapple onto a wall (one made of molten bricks without an obsidian skull for some sweet sweet damage immunity due to taking minor damage from the brick), hold down the attack button, and watch the mecha worm Destroyer's HP drop by the thousands. Can summon several of them in a night. You just have to be careful to know where the Destroyer's head is when it dies, otherwise you could end up never finding its' drops
    Last edited by Venijk; 06-26-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dauntless One View Post
    That's a lot more content that I originally played. I might fire it up again and restart the game.
    If you've been away from Terraria for a while, but want to do a play through again, I'd recommend waiting a few more weeks. Patch 1.2 is due out soonish, and it's a fairly substantial content patch, with multiple new bosses, new tiers of gear, new enemies, items, etc etc etc. Basically a mini-expansion. To my knowledge there is no official release date for the patch aside from late june / early july.

Tuconots
    Thanks for the tips - very useful.

Would anyone recommend some beginner mods I could add to my server? There are 2-3 of us playing. UI, hotkeys, transportation/travel mods are top of my list I think. Content is also always nice.

And somewhat related - is there any item I could craft that eases traveling? I know about the grappling hook and the mirror. Is there anything that lets you teleport to other points in the world - other than to spawn?

Tuconots
    I'm not aware of any teleporting items (besides mirror) without using a mod. Using the run speed boots + wings will get you around pretty quick.

Tuconots
    For me the worst part of this game by far is that you can't explore underground, log out for the night, come back and start where you left off. I need 2 teleport points. I have spawn with the mirror (or will eventually). Any mod let's me set one extra teleport point? I don't care if it requires building extra stuff like teleport pads or what not. I'd welcome it actually. I have to have something that lets me teleport to a customizable point in the world.

Any mod idea?

Tuconots
    The mod Adventure of Red Cloud adds in 2 more mirrors. They let you set waypoints, then teleport to them at will. The mod is basically an rpg'ish adventure map, but it has a standalone free build version. The mod adds a huge amount of other things as well, including gameplay overhauls, so it may be overkill to use the mod just for the waypoint mirrrors.

Modding in Terraria is very simple. A few minutes reading the mod wiki should be all you need to know how to make / edit mods. If you wanted, you could just rip off his 2 mirror items and make your own custom mod that only adds the mirrors. It's just text editing a file or two to make it.

Tuconots
    Can anyone identify the walls of this tower's block type?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/46...5E2322965D670/

Tuconots
    Pearlstone bricks, mithril bricks and cobalt bricks.

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Blocks

Tuconots
    Cool link - thanks!

Tuconots
    Speaking from over a year ago memory and I'm sure many times removed, so probably wrong silver -> gold -> shadow -> meteor = jungle -> hell -> endgame/dungeon. You used to be able to skip the meteor and jungle tier fairly easily once you got the hang of playing around the lava. A sky island gear is obtainable around the same time as meteor/jungle.

edit: oops, didn't realize I was replying to the last post of the 3rd page.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Haast View Post
    I'm not aware of any teleporting items (besides mirror) without using a mod. Using the run speed boots + wings will get you around pretty quick.
    Also, pretty much as soon as you have your shadow tier gear, is a good time to build a skybridge and the hellevator to make access to the rest of the world easier.

Tuconots
    I thought skybridges were bad because they mess with meteors?

Tuconots
    From my experience, at the point you start building a skybridge, you're already swimming in meteor rocks anyway.

Tuconots
    1.2 Random world gen, can see new biomes etc in it. Wont be long now, hopefully!

Tuconots
    That looks awesome, I can't fucking wait.

Tuconots
    Holy inventory management... Any mod out there that improves it? The quick stack/loot all/deposit all are nice but just don't cut it. I need a "sort" button on my inventory and chests to put weapons together, armor together, potions together etc... for one thing.

Tuconots
    Anyone heard anything about this 1.2 update? I swear I read it was supposed to be released in July. Well, July is almost over...

Prince of Nothing
    Tuconots
    Everytime this thread is bumped...It is a cocktease!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Anyone heard anything about this 1.2 update? I swear I read it was supposed to be released in July. Well, July is almost over...
    His own wording was that he hoped to make July, I believe he's made some tweets recently about 20 hour days to get it out the door but it's more likely it will be sometime in August now.

Every time I see the update list that has been put together from hints comments and screenshots etc I'm more impressed on how much he has added, it could have been promo'd as a 2.0 easily.

Tuconots
    Grrrrrr...

Tuconots
    Was going to edit but since an angry post appeared will add a new one

The list I referred to above, would have been nice for me to actually copy/pasta it eh? *whoops*

Spoiler: 
    * Player and World limit increased to 1000
    * Chests are double-sized
    * Hallowed armor is around 4th best
    * Inventory now has one more line:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/db2vchbl1r...rInventory.png
    * Character screen has HSL interface (Hue/Saturation/Light) Shown here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa9d5zslu0lqvz7/colors.png
    * 999 item stacks
    * Terra blade is the most powerful sword, but not most powerful item, others are better
    * Orichalcum armor with good set stats, numbers and effects
    * He's considering another slot but there are more tinkers now
    * Red's going on a very long vacation, can take anything from a month to a year, after 1.2 is finished
    * Ton of new backgrounds set during world gen, drawn by Crowno along with a new Phoenix Blaster sprite
    * Crowno was hired after his "best t-shirt design" in the contest, Red appreciates his work tons! Credits to Crowno!
    * "Ice biome is kind of an alternate version of the regular underground, slightly harder w/ better drops to break up monotiny"
    * Large map with all revealed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lcpbc5ox137kgh/IceMap.png
    * Jungle dungeons are hard to get to, entrance has to be earned but no dungeon guardians of sorts
    * Jungle Shrines are still there
    * There are yet more biomes than have been shown, tons of items and NPCs unrevealed
    * If you inflate the item count a tad, 600-700 new items ingame now (Again, exaggeration)
    * Dyes and paint are about 100 of those items
    * There are 12 base colors for dyes, and then different versions of those and gradients, etc
    * You can make Gold look like Titan
    * Still gonna do some more item/armor tiers, boss drops, rare drops, super rare drops
    * Redigit has been reading TerrariaOnline to see all the suggestions and what people want, some that have inspired him
    * He's making lot of effort to make playthroughs unique, aka things that are in one world aren't in the other
    * "Ebony is more or less Ebonwood" (This does not spread corruption)
    * There is a very valuable set of things that happen in hardmode to help you fight the spread (More than people know of) and you will gain a lot more control of how your world is
    * Possibly a new time changer, and less likely chance of biome converting procedure. He's playing around with the idea of controlling time/events, but no promises
    * He also considers implementing gear/accessories that help with building
    * He's considering taking stuff from the console version, like the autodig (Hold down a hotkey, like CTRL, to remove all blocks/walls in that direction, Hold down CTRL to remove all the tiles in the direction of the mouse to make a tunnel the size of your character)
    * He thinks Mounts could be super fun

Edit: Fixed first pic link.
    Last edited by Fazana; 07-24-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Tuconots
    Was more or less grring the fact that the new update won't be out this month. And I am doubting it will come out next month either : /

Tuconots
    The timetable for this patch is like Starbound to me; shit could be anywhere from next month to next year. Hopefully it comes out soon, but I've set my expectations for 2014 so I don't get excited for it and expect it to be released in the near future.

Tuconots
    I'm also trying not to get my hopes up, but it sounds like Redigit is pushing towards completion. August seems likely.

Tuconots
    While the wait goes on, Red Cloud has moved to 1.1 adding in multiplayer and a ton more content to go with a raft of bug fixes. It's pretty much a huge mod, almost a total conversion with new bits and pieces all over the place.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...d-cloud.87617/

There are some really nice maps in that link as well to give you an interesting world to explore using either the current base game or utilising the new mod.

Tuconots
    First off I want to thank everyone who has remained supportive and patient while waiting for this update! The team and I are working very hard and want to get it out as soon as possible but we do not want to release something that is not finished and polished properly. As far as things to finish go we still need to revamp the dungeon, give hell a facelift, finish up 5 bosses, and if time permits add the npc quest system. Most of the hard stuff has been finished but it is still very difficult to give an actual release date that isn't just, " I hope it is done by X" or " It's done when it's done." Just trust that I know what I am doing with this update, I really don't want to release something that lacks content and you blow through in 2 days.
    Posted yesterday so I think I'll install Red Cloud once my current Minecraft kick wears off as that sounds like another few weeks of work before the patch is ready. NPC questing would be really nice!

Tuconots
    Anyone who was playing this together before want to get together and play that red cloud mod?

Tuconots
    I do! while I wasn't playing this before I am not an asshole so it should work out.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorade View Post
    I do! while I wasn't playing this before I am not an asshole so it should work out.
    Who's been lying to you?? *grins*

Tuconots
    bumping 1 more time for those that played together, Trying to get a server together to play the red cloud mod, Hathe I need yooooou. Kaige is in and hatorade wants to do it. Anyway I need to get ahold of vorph and some others but I wanna try to get this together.

Tuconots
    I came in at the ass end of everything but if you guys need another I am game. :-)

Tuconots
    Was playing this again with my brother because I haven't played it since the whole hard mode section got added in. We had a good ~12 hours in the game or so, tons of stuff, were just about to go kill off that wall of flesh or whatever to start up hard mode, had a power outage, world got corrupted. Tried the backup, still corrupt, tried to recover previous version and still no luck.

Still have our characters but that whole world we've been playing for such a long time...gone -_-. raaaaaaaaaaage. And here I thought "well the game saves a backup of the world itself, it should be okay!" Nooooope.

So instead I searched online and found an "Adventure Map" that was multiplayer and had a story to follow. Was pretty enjoyable actually. Had cool dungeons with spikes and lava and traps and such. Still though, my motivation to start a new world is pretty low...especially if this 1.2 patch comes out sometime soon.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    Was playing this again with my brother because I haven't played it since the whole hard mode section got added in. We had a good ~12 hours in the game or so, tons of stuff, were just about to go kill off that wall of flesh or whatever to start up hard mode, had a power outage, world got corrupted. Tried the backup, still corrupt, tried to recover previous version and still no luck.

Still have our characters but that whole world we've been playing for such a long time...gone -_-. raaaaaaaaaaage. And here I thought "well the game saves a backup of the world itself, it should be okay!" Nooooope.

So instead I searched online and found an "Adventure Map" that was multiplayer and had a story to follow. Was pretty enjoyable actually. Had cool dungeons with spikes and lava and traps and such. Still though, my motivation to start a new world is pretty low...especially if this 1.2 patch comes out sometime soon.
    Name of adventure map?

Tuconots
    http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/category/adventures
    A bunch of maps.

http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/a...a-inspired-map
    That's the one we played.

It got a little repetitive because every "dungeon" was jump over the spikes and shit. Will have to check out some of these other adventure maps. I assume with all the new boulder traps / arrow traps / dynamite traps or blob spawners and such could make them a lot more interesting.

Some of them require mods and such, so maybe I'll try some of them out later, but I choose that one just because it didn't require anything.

Tuconots
    We doing this or what? Hit me up on steam.

Tuconots
    have only gotten a few replys and we need someone to host the server. Hoping to get hathe up to speed, and with donations. SOO lets reply!

Tuconots
    Let's get this out of the way... NO it's not out yet. Latest official comment is "nearly finished"

Have a new picture to help the time go by

Right click view image for a lot more detail.

Tuconots
    I'm loving the look of that stained glass.

In other news, from Redigit:

The update will be out before October 1st now stop asking! :P
    Can't... wait...

Thread Information