Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 13591

Thread: League of Legends

  1. #1
    Registered User Dr.Retarded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    264
    Tuconots
    39

    League of Legends

    You know what to do...

  2. #2
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    Cho'Gath + frozen fist = sore buttholes for people

  3. #3
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Saving this post - will probably edit it later unless you want to Dr. with some League of legends info, would be cool to have that on the front page so people could use it as a reference if they wanted.. people new to the game etc. We could come up with a list of links and useful sites - like:

    Guides:
    www.lolking.net/
    www.solomid.net/

    News:
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/

    Streams:
    www.twitch.tv
    www.own3d.tv

    Upcoming Tournaments:
    http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Golt; 01-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.

  4. #4
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    The only place worth going for LoL info : www.lolking.net (now with champ guides)

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Tuconots
    4
    I have typically viewed Solo Mid's guides to be superior to other guides, but I haven't had a chance to review many on lolking.

  6. #6
    Fuck Yankees
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    503
    Tuconots
    -53
    At first the new item menu pissed me off, but now that I'm used to it it's superior to the old one. The new items are extremely powerful for certain characters. Frozen fist, for example, is insane on bruisers that scale with ap like malphite and skarner. Static shiv is so for ad bruisers. Starts off as a gp/10 item, turns into a lane clearing beast with move speed. Ravenous hydra is equally insane, makes lane/jungle clearing go so quickly on any melee character. Hurricane is crazy good for ranged on-hit builds, such as twitch/teemo.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    330
    Tuconots
    4
    I think the new items will assuredly shake things up a bit. I think they really have allowed for interesting builds. Its nice to see the "ad caster" get some love too. The top lane counters will be pretty crazy now that many champs via items have had some short comings addressed.

  8. #8
    Registered User GuardianX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    292
    Tuconots
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt View Post
    Saving this post - will probably edit it later unless you want to Dr. with some League of legends info, would be cool to have that on the front page so people could use it as a reference if they wanted.. people new to the game etc. We could come up with a list of links and useful sites - like http://www.surrenderat20.net/ (Surrender @ 20) www.twitch.tv and www.own3d.tv for some stream sites.
    Teevox.com is an amazing site that basically pushes all streams from any site into 1 place that has multiple screens, drop down menus, ECT. I 100% recommend checking it out, the guy who is developing the site does a lot of chatting with people too.

  9. #9
    Registered User enzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Tuconots
    19
    I was toying around with a few of the new items on Ryze, such as frozen gauntlet, new archangels, new muramana (maxed out manamune). Before, Ryze had pretty set build as there was only like 7 items to choose from, just which order you got them depending on the game.

    I'm not sure if it's just a pub stomp/trolllollol item yet, but a maxed out manamune might be better then a maxed out archangel on him, especially in combination with frozen gauntlets. After unleashing his little combo and waiting 2 seconds, his auto attack in between will do almost as much as his Q or W does, potentially in an AE with the gauntlets, while also making him better at pushing down a tower. Ohmwrecker is a very viable item as well for split pushing or just helping the team push, while adding quite a bit of damage to ryze himself.

    I can't wait to really get back into playing the game hardcore in another month or two. Haven't had legit internet at home, so only get to play at a friend's house. These new items and jungle make it feel like an expansion pack haha.

  10. #10
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    I stopped playing this game around the time the fencer chick came out. Are they still releasing a new champ every 2 weeks or so ?

  11. #11
    Manatra Xalara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Tuconots
    -5
    Talon with three Black Cleavers is just too much fun right now.
    Last edited by Xalara; 12-08-2012 at 08:21 PM.

  12. #12
    Nay. Tmac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    898
    Tuconots
    0
    Anyone else trying to climb the ladder in Season 3? If so add, Maxxum. ADC/Mid/Jungle
    No more unicorns.

  13. #13
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalara View Post
    Talon with three Black Cleavers is just too much fun right now.
    Don't worry, it's nerfed next patch. Effect unique, -5arpen on both cleaver and brutalizer.

    All hail our AP overlords.

  14. #14
    idiot prodigy Salacious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    21
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Soysauceonrice View Post
    I stopped playing this game around the time the fencer chick came out. Are they still releasing a new champ every 2 weeks or so ?
    Since Fiora was released, there has probably been another 15 champions added (wild guess).

    Played Ashe with IE +Runaan's Hurricane instead of IE +Phantom Dancer, really was wrecking team fight's. I'm also loving Distortion on mobility champs.

  15. #15
    The Damphair Tortfeasor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    dfw
    Posts
    890
    Tuconots
    6
    I like the new Tiamat/Hydra on Riven, but it is really hard to not go for that second BC...

  16. #16
    Registered User Zulst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    265
    Tuconots
    7
    Does the Hydra or the Hurricane work on Kayle at all? I was playing Kayle earlier today after having bought a Hydra and wasn't noticing anything with the E up. Is it just straight phantom dancer, IE still?

  17. #17
    Registered User Agripa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    267
    Tuconots
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeasor View Post
    I like the new Tiamat/Hydra on Riven, but it is really hard to not go for that second BC...
    I am hoping they will make BC have unique passives. So many people are just stacking these during my recent matches. It feels like the era of stacking sunfire capes it was good while it lasted.

  18. #18
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Agripa View Post
    I am hoping they will make BC have unique passives. So many people are just stacking these during my recent matches. It feels like the era of stacking sunfire capes it was good while it lasted.
    On the PBE already: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...be-update.html
    "Black Cleaver

    Armor Penetration changed to Unique
    Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15
    Passive effect now reduces armor by 6.25% per stack down from 7.5%


    Brutilizer

    Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15."
    So yeah, getting nerf'd so there's not really as much of a point on stacking them as people are atm. Pretty hilarious to abuse it right now though, playing Khazix and 1shotting people with your e/w/q combo and it resetting as you leap around the map is hilarious

  19. #19
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    I really don't understand the point of nerfing brutalizer (obviously the passive on cleaver needed to be unique). It was already kinda meh, so make life even shittier for the pantheon/talon/raven/garen/etc crowd? It's not as if any of the AD castery types are even relevant these days (aside from maybe Darius), and with the slew of new options for AP/ADC I don't see that changing very soon.

    What in the fuck happened to their whole plan of itemizing for the AD caster? They threw in cleaver and are going to nerf the shit out of it now. So instead we get one new mediocre item for AD and a pile of awesome new options for every other role?

  20. #20
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    Have they said anything about, you know, NOT releasing so many champions ? I mean balance is already a pain in the ass as it is, the more champs they release the harder they make it on themselves. I realize that they're on a freemium model and they have to release more content to keep the revenue flowing, but at some point they need to take a break for the health of the game.

  21. #21
    Registered User enzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Tuconots
    19
    Yea, I think they should slow down and release champs half as often, and release other perks, like legendary skins, more often instead. That Pulsefire Ezreal probably made them more than any single new champion does.

  22. #22
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Yeah they just released a legendary nocturne skin and its not getting half the advertising blitz that pulsefire ez got, which is a shame cause it looks pretty badass.

  23. #23
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    I've been under the same assumption that more champs is not healthy, but I'm starting to change my opinion on the matter. I'm sure there has to be a critical mass at some point but I don't think we're near it atm.

  24. #24
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    I'll probably start playing again over the Christmas break. I've been playing since beta, would be a shame to let my rusty blitz skin go to waste.

  25. #25
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    The only real problem I have with the model of a new champ every 2 weeks is it makes it seem like a lot of older/unpopular champs are just forgotten never to be played again. I mean, why does Karma still exist? Or Xerath? Or Sion? You get the point; there are quite a few characters in the game still that have just languished in obscurity for a long, long time. I'd rather see them do something like 1 new champion a month and one overhaul/revamp of the least played/least popular or "worst" champ in the game.

  26. #26
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    This is why riot probably bringing out the nerf bat

    GOKvc.jpg

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    72
    Tuconots
    0
    They actually have slowed down on champ releases. It used to be every 2 weeks like clockwork, now its usually 3. The danger with constantly releasing champions is that (1) eventually the game gets ridiculously confusing to learn and (2) you reach critical mass of certain ability types and then characters without those never get picked. Just look at gap closers on melee characters. 2 years ago when I started gap closers were a feature. Now any melee character who doesn't have a gap closer is trash. This is a huge part of why Udyr has fallen out of favor.

    I agree that they really should move to a release champ / remake alternating system. Tons of old extremely simple champs like Sion badly need reworks.

  28. #28
    Registered User enzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,009
    Tuconots
    19
    What exactly did they change to the guinsoo rageblade? I was playing an ARAM (lol, i know) and had a few people on the other team stacking 2-4 rageblades, and they were owning with them. Dunno if it was an arranged troll team, or one guy on the team just got the others do it, but I didn't notice the extreme stacking until late in the game.

  29. #29
    Nay. Tmac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    898
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Soysauceonrice View Post
    I'll probably start playing again over the Christmas break. I've been playing since beta, would be a shame to let my rusty blitz skin go to waste.
    He gets banned every game so, GL!
    No more unicorns.

  30. #30
    Manatra Xalara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Tuconots
    -5
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt View Post
    So yeah, getting nerf'd so there's not really as much of a point on stacking them as people are atm. Pretty hilarious to abuse it right now though, playing Khazix and 1shotting people with your e/w/q combo and it resetting as you leap around the map is hilarious
    Even with the Black Cleaver nerf Kha'zix will still be pretty crazy if you go mid or top with him. My build with him only grabs two Black Cleavers and I still do ridiculous damage. If I replace my one Black Cleaver with something else it's not going to change much.

    As for Riot releasing champions every two to three weeks I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that their business model is reliant on it. I would argue that it's a flaw with the business model, but it doesn't seem to have hurt the game too much. I think one of the reasons Riot is pushing e-Sports so much is that they want to get a more stable cash flow with sponsorships from companies, etc.

  31. #31
    Registered User buffylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    narnia
    Posts
    368
    Tuconots
    -8
    I am going to start banning teemo in ranked games. Sick of these fucking yordle trolls in ranked.

  32. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    Yeah, they have definitely slowed down on making champions a little bit but they still usually bring them out every 3 weeks now. I bet they could still be fairly profitable by just releasing new skins but I think they could easily make more champions since I don't think they are in a bad spot just yet. Heck, wasn't there something like 70 of the 100 champs used at the season 2 worlds?

  33. #33
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    One thing they could do is bring the price of a champion back up to 975/6300 when they revamp him.

  34. #34
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronne View Post
    The only real problem I have with the model of a new champ every 2 weeks is it makes it seem like a lot of older/unpopular champs are just forgotten never to be played again. I mean, why does Karma still exist? Or Xerath? Or Sion? You get the point; there are quite a few characters in the game still that have just languished in obscurity for a long, long time. I'd rather see them do something like 1 new champion a month and one overhaul/revamp of the least played/least popular or "worst" champ in the game.
    Dunno if you heard, but karma is actually getting a rework soon, it's been tweeted about by Guinsoo and whatnot already -
    @RiotGuinsoo: I'm getting excited for Karma. I'm buffing her Mantra Soul Shield today. It's not viable or interesting compared to Q or W #leagueoflegends

    @RiotGuinsoo: I'm feeling frisky, so here's what we're trying with Karma's Mantra Soul Shield: "Stuns in an area around the target, damaging targets...

    @RiotGuinsoo: ... and shielding the target based upon how many targets were hit." #leagueoflegends
    So if you're a fan might need to dust her off soon! And yeah, a bunch of champions need reworks/updates.. slowly comes with time. Look at evelynn, she was in pretty bad shape but now competitively viable. Twitch as well received some love - Jax too awhile back after they removed dodge runes. Can take a bit but i think they can update most champs at least in a rotation to keep a lot of fan favories still relevant.

  35. #35
    Registered User Musketoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    23
    Tuconots
    0
    The thing with Guinsoos Rageblade is that each one adds 1 level of the stack (they still cap at 8 total) so 4 of them would make 4 stacks per attack/spell, would still only cap at 8. So I cant see a good reason to use more than maybe 2 of them.

  36. #36
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    So to expand upon my earlier remark..

    I've now been playing League for a year and probably the first 8 months I was fearing the saturation of champions into the game but more recently I've seen how well Riot has balanced new champs and how the number of champions really doesn't affect much.

    There are definitely some underpowered champions but on the whole most are balanced. What's deemed as OP can change on a whim from what I've seen. Usually OPness is determined from the competitive scene. There are certainly some "very good" champions, but everything has a counter and everything requires execution. While most of solo-Q fears a Blitzcrank support, he isn't OP if you are aware and can dodge his Qs. He is a 1-trick pony and if the player can't land a Q then he's worthless. Blitz CAN decide a match if played well, which is why he is often banned. The luck-factor of whether you'll be against a good or bad blitz is too much for most people and so he's often banned.


    Back to the original point though... I don't see a cap limit on champions coming anytime soon. Most new champions simply shuffle the deck of existing tools and rarely bring anything new to the table. What's the difference if there are 100 champions or 1000? As long as everything is horizontally balanced then there isn't much to worry about. Most players focus on only a select few champions anyway. There is no pressure to master more than a few champs. Everything considered: having more champs doesn't affect anything.

    It might be overwhelming to know what every champ does but play enough and you can figure it out easily enough. Regarding the pro scene: the majority of champions are used, which is great. Pro-bans often focus on banning out the champs that are the favorites of the opposing team, like banning out Anivia from Froggen as example.

    Since players will strive to master only a few champions, this tactic will remain and keeps the game exciting. Having 100 or even 1000 champions won't change how the banning phase works. Froggen will remain as an amazing Anivia player and will likely see Anivia banned out against him more often then not. Future pro players may master other champs and be renown for whatever champ they decide to play.


    I played the original GuildWars for 2 years. I compare it to LoL a lot since both LoL and GW revolve around creating a team "build" that is cohesive. GW eventually failed due to too many skills & classes and this is what has spurred me to beworried about LoL undergoing the same fate. But I've changed my mind on the matter.

    There is a massive difference between the games: LoL has a pick & ban phase where teams can pick & counterpick each other. This keeps games extremely balanced. GW never had this. Often times it was a game of luck. You had to get lucky that you weren't going against a team that countered you. Example: Your team is a Hex heavy build, enemy team brings many hard counters to hex-builds.

    LoL can have as many champions as it wants without affecting too much since the pick & ban phase eliminates any "luck" factor. It is certainly possible a player could counterpick themselves, but at least it isn't a surprise when it happens.

    LoL has slowed down their release schedule which is good. I like keeping champs fresh and relevant for the most part. At their current pace they will release about 17-18 champs a year. At this pace LoL could potentially have a total of ~300 champions in 10 years. That's very manageable imo. The game won't implode and the power-creep should be minimal. Anything that falls from power will likely get a rework and become relevant again (Jax, Eve, Twitch, Kat, etc).

    Like I said, first 8 months I was extremely worried, but now I embrace every new champ and am just searching for the few that appeal to me most and that I deem fun to play.
    Last edited by Fawe; 12-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.

  37. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13
    Tuconots
    1
    Anyone tried the new support nami?

  38. #38
    Dinduer of Nuffins Nirgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,420
    Tuconots
    8
    I still feel like the choices in ban phases in this game are because of some fotm shit or comparatively OP champs rather than trying to break up some champ combo they're trying to put together.

  39. #39
    Registered User The Dauntless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    823
    Tuconots
    0
    To chime in on Black Cleavers, they probably just forgot to make the ArPen effects unique. It goes from unique on Brutalizer to stackable effect on Black Cleaver... so someone just fucked up. Black Cleaver will still be a good item regardless for bruiser heroes. Just not OP.

  40. #40
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    I've played like 3 games with Nami, I think she's strong and fun and not too difficult to use. Her Q is the knockup which can be quite powerful but it is easily dodged by anyone with a brain... its much better in team fights when you can land it easier on multiple targets.

    Considering she has 2 knockups a slow and a heal, she is really nice imo.

  41. #41
    Registered User Amzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,082
    Tuconots
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirgon View Post
    I still feel like the choices in ban phases in this game are because of some fotm shit or comparatively OP champs rather than trying to break up some champ combo they're trying to put together.
    People mostly ban out champs they hate fighting/are considered OP, yea. Unless you're doing 5-mans, that's always the way it's going to be. There's so many champs that share similar rolls that it's hard to ban out 'combos' when there's usually another champ to fill it, so instead people ban out game-changers or just noob stompers. Blitz isn't that amazing in premades, but he's near 100% ban because in a pub, it's not worth the risk of someone on your team being terrible and getting caught every grab. Darius is strong, but in pubs, again, he's banned a ton just because people don't know how to fight him half the time.

    There's not a ton of combo-oriented team comps out there right now anyway. Poke comps have a bunch of champs to pick from, tanky comps have even more, AE comps have more than enough. Even in pro matches, teams just ban out champs that either futz up their desired champs or that the enemy team is known for having an excellent player of, they don't ban to break up comps because there's just no point. You're better off building your team to counter their comp.

  42. #42
    Prince of Nothing
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    687
    Tuconots
    5
    Nami is meh. Her DPS is utter garbage and her CC/buffs are average...She is kinda like Janna had a lovechild with Karma. Anyway, if you are on the fence...Save the IP.

  43. #43
    Registered User buffylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    narnia
    Posts
    368
    Tuconots
    -8
    Bans have always been FoTM. A few months ago blitz was never banned, shen/malphite never played, WW/Riven/Skarner always banned

  44. #44
    Registered User Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gamindustri
    Posts
    5,107
    Tuconots
    -11

  45. #45
    Registered User earthfell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    638
    Tuconots
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Nami is meh. Her DPS is utter garbage and her CC/buffs are average...She is kinda like Janna had a lovechild with Karma. Anyway, if you are on the fence...Save the IP.
    I agree. I mean, she is interesting and I play her a bit because you can't get refunds when buying a bundle. I feel like she shines mid game but loses a lot of momentum as it crawls on. They could have been a lot more creative with this hero. If her Q also healed allies, and if her E could do a debuff to enemies, she would be really interesting. But after a few games with her she gets boring fast.

  46. #46
    Registered User buffylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    narnia
    Posts
    368
    Tuconots
    -8
    150k a year? Time to get out of elo hell.

  47. #47
    Manatra Xalara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Tuconots
    -5
    Quote Originally Posted by buffylol View Post
    150k a year? Time to get out of elo hell.
    That number is crap, sure some pros make that much but the average is nowhere near that. I know for a fact that Team Dynamic only pays their players around $30k a year. Granted the players also do get to keep their share of prize winnings, but the prizes for most tournaments aren't really that much. Granted, as the viewership of LoL grows and more corporate sponsors get involved we'll see what the players are paid going up but right now the average is nowhere near $150k.
    Last edited by Xalara; 12-11-2012 at 08:46 AM.

  48. #48
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Amzin View Post
    People mostly ban out champs they hate fighting/are considered OP, yea. Unless you're doing 5-mans, that's always the way it's going to be. There's so many champs that share similar rolls that it's hard to ban out 'combos' when there's usually another champ to fill it, so instead people ban out game-changers or just noob stompers. Blitz isn't that amazing in premades, but he's near 100% ban because in a pub, it's not worth the risk of someone on your team being terrible and getting caught every grab. Darius is strong, but in pubs, again, he's banned a ton just because people don't know how to fight him half the time.

    There's not a ton of combo-oriented team comps out there right now anyway. Poke comps have a bunch of champs to pick from, tanky comps have even more, AE comps have more than enough. Even in pro matches, teams just ban out champs that either futz up their desired champs or that the enemy team is known for having an excellent player of, they don't ban to break up comps because there's just no point. You're better off building your team to counter their comp.
    yeah. Bans are only really relevant in tournaments, where you know who you are playing against. In regular matches, its mostly just, who is the most annoying pos, I dont want to deal with. Or, specifically, to ban someone that hard counters who you plan to pick.

  49. #49
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    Blitz needs a token nerf or something so he quits being permabanned and I can go back to playing him =(

  50. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    Blitz could be complete garbage but as long as he still has his grab he can change games. Hell, I don't care if I play against a blitz because most of them are garbage, but I still ban him because usually I don't bot lane and it makes my team happy.

  51. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Tuconots
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalara View Post
    That number is crap, sure some pros make that much but the average is nowhere near that. I know for a fact that Team Dynamic only pays their players around $30k a year. Granted the players also do get to keep their share of prize winnings, but the prizes for most tournaments aren't really that much. Granted, as the viewership of LoL grows and more corporate sponsors get involved we'll see what the players are paid going up but right now the average is nowhere near $150k.
    I really wish there was some list where we could see what each team gets paid. I guarantee you some of the bigger teams that actually perform well in tournaments and have big stream followings are making that higher number. Hell, I would even be interested in seeing what the difference is between people who have a consistently high amount of people watching their steam(oddone vs. xpecial comes to mind) versus the ones who don't.

  52. #52
    Registered User Amzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,082
    Tuconots
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    Blitz could be complete garbage but as long as he still has his grab he can change games. Hell, I don't care if I play against a blitz because most of them are garbage, but I still ban him because usually I don't bot lane and it makes my team happy.
    Pretty much this. A lot of champs just have mechanics that warp the game around them, and that's why they get banned. Nidalee, Teemo, AD Yi, Blitz, Shen, Karthus, late game all of those champs make you play different ways unless you're steamrolling them, and pubs aren't real great at that. There's more than that obviously, and to different degrees and effects, those are just the pub-hated right now in my experience.

  53. #53
    Spoon!!! Celebrindal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    518
    Tuconots
    1
    I have definitely taken a liking to playing Pantheon this season.

  54. #54
    Registered User earthfell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    638
    Tuconots
    -1
    what build and masteries you using?

  55. #55
    Spoon!!! Celebrindal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    518
    Tuconots
    1
    Arm pen/armor/MR and Offensive masteries. Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster, Trinity or Frozen Mallet, QSS, IE, then the QSS upgrade.

  56. #56
    Registered User buffylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    narnia
    Posts
    368
    Tuconots
    -8
    Abusing cleaver stacking on riven is hilarious. Q 3 times on someone and they have 30% hp

  57. #57
    Registered User Agripa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    267
    Tuconots
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalara View Post
    That number is crap, sure some pros make that much but the average is nowhere near that. I know for a fact that Team Dynamic only pays their players around $30k a year. Granted the players also do get to keep their share of prize winnings, but the prizes for most tournaments aren't really that much. Granted, as the viewership of LoL grows and more corporate sponsors get involved we'll see what the players are paid going up but right now the average is nowhere near $150k.
    The money comes from streaming. Towliee a modest WoW streamer makes about 9k a month streaming to ~ 2k people.

  58. #58
    Nay. Tmac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    898
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Agripa View Post
    The money comes from streaming. Towliee a modest WoW streamer makes about 9k a month streaming to ~ 2k people.
    I find that hard to believe. Where'd you get your numbers? Also, streaming is what generates revenue, not where the money comes from, which is what I'm more curious about.
    No more unicorns.

  59. #59
    Registered User The Dauntless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    823
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Agripa View Post
    The money comes from streaming. Towliee a modest WoW streamer makes about 9k a month streaming to ~ 2k people.
    Making 108k a year only streaming to 2000 viewers? That's a pipe dream if I ever saw one.

  60. #60
    Registered User Zulst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    265
    Tuconots
    7
    Is bankplank still viable? Not really sure how to go about building him since they took out the heart of gold. Kage's is just such a shithole item on him.

    Obligatory:


  61. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    536
    Tuconots
    -1
    Season 3 is a step in the right direction but holy fuck increase the bans already. The champion pool is large enough.

  62. #62
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulst View Post
    Is bankplank still viable? Not really sure how to go about building him since they took out the heart of gold. Kage's is just such a shithole item on him.

    Obligatory:

    I was in a match as Gangplank with the new Avarice blade and a Twisted Fate on my team. Hai2u 13 bonus gold on a Parrrley kill

  63. #63
    I Smite The Little Ones Anwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    87
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinrad View Post
    I was in a match as Gangplank with the new Avarice blade and a Twisted Fate on my team. Hai2u 13 bonus gold on a Parrrley kill
    Had he gotten a Hydra or Gauntlet, you could get a Parrrley that nets 4-5+ times in one shot. :P Silly Bankplank.

  64. #64
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    I did have a Hydra! it was pretty funny doing it to wraiths.

  65. #65
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    I don't understand the blitz permaban. I used to play blitz a ton and no one ever complained about him being OP. Sure his grab was powerful, but that's been around for forever. What's changed ?

  66. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    536
    Tuconots
    -1
    People started playing him again. When someone is abnned for so long, it's almost like people forget how to play them correctly so it's free wins.

  67. #67
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    It just doesn't make any sense. Blitz was one of those old school champs from way back in beta and as far as i can tell NOTHING has changed about him for years. And then all of a sudden he gets permaban status ?

    I guess I'm just annoyed that I can't even play one of my favorite champs anymore because for some retarded reason he's become fotm status.
    Last edited by Soysauceonrice; 12-12-2012 at 05:26 AM.

  68. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Tuconots
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soysauceonrice View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense. Blitz was one of those old school champs from way back in beta and as far as i can tell NOTHING has changed about him for years. And then all of a sudden he gets permaban status ?

    I guess I'm just annoyed that I can't even play one of my favorite champs anymore because for some retarded reason he's become fotm status.
    You also have to remember, even though he may not have changed much, that doesn't mean that the game itself hasn't changed or there are champions who now benefit from him more. Bot lane is played way more aggressively these days as opposed to not so long ago.

  69. #69
    Manatra Xalara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    688
    Tuconots
    -5
    Quote Originally Posted by sebur View Post
    You also have to remember, even though he may not have changed much, that doesn't mean that the game itself hasn't changed or there are champions who now benefit from him more. Bot lane is played way more aggressively these days as opposed to not so long ago.
    Yep, bottom lane is now played aggressively and one kill really changes the balance. The thing with Blitz is, he may miss most of the time, but all you need is that one grab to get the kill and put your lane ahead.

  70. #70
    Registered User Ronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,060
    Tuconots
    55
    He's only banned at low ELO, because he dunks on bad players. Same reason Amumu is perma banned. They will both punish the fuck out of people for being out of position/not having vision of key areas, and that happens a lot sub 1500.

  71. #71
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronne View Post
    He's only banned at low ELO, because he dunks on bad players. Same reason Amumu is perma banned. They will both punish the fuck out of people for being out of position/not having vision of key areas, and that happens a lot sub 1500.
    Yup, i permaban blitz because i don't trust teammates to position well to avoid his hooks, or dont run past certain pathways when they don't have vision and he could grip them through. Seen plenty of late games end by blitz hooking someone/killing then forcing objectives like baron and winning the game.

  72. #72
    Nay. Tmac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    898
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt View Post
    Yup, i permaban blitz because i don't trust teammates to position well to avoid his hooks, or dont run past certain pathways when they don't have vision and he could grip them through. Seen plenty of late games end by blitz hooking someone/killing then forcing objectives like baron and winning the game.
    Yeah low elo bot lane is the worst vs a Blitz. Especially when your adc pushes lane and fails to hide behind creeps. /facepalm
    No more unicorns.

  73. #73
    Dinduer of Nuffins Nirgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,420
    Tuconots
    8
    The talent changes went in, I'll have to try the new support stuff this weekend.

  74. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    So I haven't played much ADC since s3, but it seems IE/PD or BT/PD are still the best builds? Anyone having any success with anything else? I occasionally see a Statik Shiv, Black Cleaver or that Hydra but honestly it seems IE/PD/BT are still much better. Black Cleaver seems like it'd be very strong on the Trinity Force champs (Ez and Corki) especially Corki with his E armor shred, yet I don't think BC is worth it on just about any other champion since it seems you're just better off getting that IE.

    I know there are some gimmicks like SoTD on Vayne or Hydra on Kog maw but they aren't really that viable.

  75. #75
    Registered User Amzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,082
    Tuconots
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    So I haven't played much ADC since s3, but it seems IE/PD or BT/PD are still the best builds? Anyone having any success with anything else? I occasionally see a Statik Shiv, Black Cleaver or that Hydra but honestly it seems IE/PD/BT are still much better. Black Cleaver seems like it'd be very strong on the Trinity Force champs (Ez and Corki) especially Corki with his E armor shred, yet I don't think BC is worth it on just about any other champion since it seems you're just better off getting that IE.

    I know there are some gimmicks like SoTD on Vayne or Hydra on Kog maw but they aren't really that viable.
    By Hydra I assume you mean Runaan's Hurricane, since Hydra is the melee-only splash weapon. Until the next patch, stacking Black Cleaver's is basically the way to go, it's almost completely broken at the moment since it's not unique. When that's fixed, the normal builds still apply, I think BT is more popular than IE right now unless you have a sustain support for your ADC. Honestly, ADC builds are what probably changed the least. There's more situational options, but that's about it.

  76. #76
    Registered User suzumebachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Tuconots
    0
    Hey guys. I'm looking for some people interested in playing LoL.

    I've been playing League of Legends since Beta. I've never really gotten into Ranked games, but I think it's mostly because I would just solo queue since I don't really have any queue partners. I own every champion, but I'm not that great at bruiser or jungler types. I prefer to play AP mid, support or ADC.

    I've been a lurker on FoH boards for a few year now but I've never posted. I figured I'd post and see what happens, because I'm starting to get tired of ARAM. heh My LoL name is the same as my handle here.

  77. #77
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Amzin View Post
    By Hydra I assume you mean Runaan's Hurricane, since Hydra is the melee-only splash weapon. Until the next patch, stacking Black Cleaver's is basically the way to go, it's almost completely broken at the moment since it's not unique. When that's fixed, the normal builds still apply, I think BT is more popular than IE right now unless you have a sustain support for your ADC. Honestly, ADC builds are what probably changed the least. There's more situational options, but that's about it.
    GP is considered Melee so Hurricane doesnt work on him, Hydra does.


    I would duo with someone, i'm only playing ADC atm. ~1200 elo atm. IGN: so Ravishing

    I have close to 200 ranked games played S3 atm, I dicked around for the first 150 or so now Im strictly playing ADC and working back up.
    Last edited by Fawe; 12-13-2012 at 04:24 AM.

  78. #78
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawe View Post
    GP is considered Melee so Hurricane doesnt work on him, Hydra does.


    I would duo with someone, i'm only playing ADC atm. ~1200 elo atm. IGN: so Ravishing

    I have close to 200 ranked games played S3 atm, I dicked around for the first 150 or so now Im strictly playing ADC and working back up.
    I'm usually down to play normals whenever if my normal group of friends aren't around - my name on US is Saint. If anyone wanted to rank queue i'd probably be down too if you were around my elo (1450-1650).

  79. #79
    Registered User Amzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,082
    Tuconots
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawe View Post
    GP is considered Melee so Hurricane doesnt work on him, Hydra does.


    I would duo with someone, i'm only playing ADC atm. ~1200 elo atm. IGN: so Ravishing

    I have close to 200 ranked games played S3 atm, I dicked around for the first 150 or so now Im strictly playing ADC and working back up.
    GP also isn't considered an ADC really. Even melee characters built as ADC are specified to be Melee ADC, because they do have to build differently in the end. GP is almost always built as a bruiser, although melee AD definitely got a boost with the S3 items, it remains to be seen if they're viable or not. I'm guessing they probably are for most ELOs, the Mercurial Scimitar, Hydra, and such give them quite a boost.

  80. #80
    Registered User Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Tuconots
    45
    Mercurial Scimitar makes Tryndamere happier than a pig in shit.

  81. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    You know what makes Tryndamere even happier then Mercurial Scimitar? Black Cleavers! And at least 3 of them! :P

  82. #82
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Amzin View Post
    GP also isn't considered an ADC really. Even melee characters built as ADC are specified to be Melee ADC, because they do have to build differently in the end. GP is almost always built as a bruiser, although melee AD definitely got a boost with the S3 items, it remains to be seen if they're viable or not. I'm guessing they probably are for most ELOs, the Mercurial Scimitar, Hydra, and such give them quite a boost.

    I never play GP I was just stating that Hydra works on him including his Parley and Hurrican does not. I think I played GP once ever, I know he builds bruiser for the most part but really haven't looked into GP build

  83. #83
    Registered User Thengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    562
    Tuconots
    -1
    Mercurial Scimitar is an absolutely amazing defensive alternative for any AD instead of (or in addition to) GA. There were occasions in the past I would pick up a QSS instead of GA, but now that it has an upgrade it'll happen even more often.

    Watching pro streams, I saw a lot of them picking up Statikk Shiv on ADCs. Why? I have tried it a couple times and didn't really see why I would buy that over a phantom dancer. Anyone know what the advantage of Shiv is, and in what cases it would outclass a PD?

  84. #84
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Probably for the Avarice Blade. Just kinda guessing though.

  85. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    Avarice blade and the Shiv isn't too bad on Ez because his Q will proc the lightning so it makes his poke that much more dangerous. I think it's all preference at the moment though because looking at stats PD is still superior.

  86. #86
    Hearthstone Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,231
    Tuconots
    14
    I play MF most of the time and I will usually go for Shiv right after BF sword for a few reasons:

    1) The 10% less attack speed is less of a factor on MF since Q resets her Autoattack anyway and I usually only have time to do a quick AA-->Q-->AA burst on a player before they use an escape ability.

    2.) The 10% less crit may be missed by some but since I still go IE then having +45% crit compared to +55% isn't THAT big a difference. Out of 10 attacks I should crit 5 of 10 with IE+Shiv or 6 of 10 with PD+IE. If I attack 5 times, I should crit 2x with Shiv+IE and 3x with PD+IE. Maybe it's enough to make a difference but Shiv still has a nice proc that makes up for it...

    3.) The AoE proc might be small damage but since it's AoE I've been able to chunk people hard when you add my AA-->Q-->AA combo plus the proc (And remember Q can hit 2 targets.) So I chunk 1 player really hard and a 2nd player can get hit by the richochet+proc, it's really sweet, especially early (which is when I go for Shiv). Aside from that, Shiv is awesome for CS'ing and since MF has little AoE than it is real nice to have an AoE that isn't her Ult.

    4.) MF has little escape tools and I value the extra 1% movement speed.

  87. #87
    Registered User Thengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    562
    Tuconots
    -1
    Do we need a Rerolled chat room in LoL? There used to be a FoH chat room, but it kinda died out, I think just because people didn't know about it. Gonna make a Rerolled chat room now, I think they are case sensitive - JOIN IT FOR GREAT WINS!

    PS - You can click on the gear in the upper right of the chat room and set it to auto-join on log in.

  88. #88
    Registered User buffylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    narnia
    Posts
    368
    Tuconots
    -8
    whats the channel name?

  89. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Tuconots
    -3
    Was watching the TSM tourney earlier and it seems Chaox is favoring the new gaunts on ez, found that really interesting. BT>brut>gaunts is what he was building almost every game he got ez.

  90. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Tuconots
    -3
    Quote Originally Posted by buffylol View Post
    whats the channel name?
    Rerolled is the channel name, or at least the one I am in...

  91. #91
    The Damphair Tortfeasor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    dfw
    Posts
    890
    Tuconots
    6

  92. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    536
    Tuconots
    -1
    Vi confirmed broken as fuck.

  93. #93
    Registered User balroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    745
    Tuconots
    7
    vi like yi or vi like pi?

  94. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    536
    Tuconots
    -1
    Vi like the new champ(i'm drunk, don't confuse me lol.)

  95. #95
    Dinduer of Nuffins Nirgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,420
    Tuconots
    8
    He meant how it was pronounced. Wait for the champion spot light I guess.
    DoTA 2 / Dark Souls 3 / Lurking P99 / D3 Profile

    Waiting for Shadow Bane Emu to finish

  96. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    536
    Tuconots
    -1
    Ah, from what I've heard it's Vi as in pi("Vye" is that helps.)

  97. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,237
    Tuconots
    0
    It's stupid because it should be "Vee"! Like Yi! Yi and Vi! Not "Vye" Stupid name. Awesome champion.

  98. #98
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    Started playing again after a year break. Got my ass handed to me the first few games because i wasn't used to the change in aggressiveness from DOTA2, but finally got back to the flow. Owning it up with kayle top.

  99. #99
    DrFoots
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rhede, Germany
    Posts
    93
    Tuconots
    -4
    I am surprised so few top players play Kayle. Playing her full ad ( not that ap/ad mix crap with nashors etc ) is so fucking brutal, especially early.

  100. #100
    Registered User Soysauceonrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    558
    Tuconots
    0
    If played right shes a beast early game. She can beat basically all the top lane bruisers. If you stack ap/ad and a dorans ring start, at level 1 her E does over 110 damage each hit. That's a range auto attack with splash that does 50% more damage than the average level 1 nuke. Carrying me out of elo hell 1 win at a time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •