Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things

Tuconots

Stranger Things

Looks like it could be good, Eerie Indiana with an 80's Spielberg vibe.

Tuconots
    Does look good but I've been mostly disappointed with Netflix shows so I'm not hopeful.

Tuconots
    I've had just the opposite experience with Netflix series, and it looks cool, so I'm on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    I've had just the opposite experience with Netflix series, and it looks cool, so I'm on board.
    It could be very good. I liked the trailer.

who knows!
    Tuconots
    Trailer 2 just popped up on Netflix, hadn't heard about this. Definitely interested, it starts July 16 I think. Trailer gave away that it seems to be a gov't research lab involving kids with ESP type abilities.
    Last edited by Brikker; 07-11-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Tuconots
    Cannot wait for this.
    Forsakyn 100 Rogue
    League of Legends Meta Source

Xbox, PSN, Steam, Origin - Xexx01

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    I just saw this today but I am hype!

Tuconots
    Getting good reviews. Hype train a comin

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Khane View Post
    Does look good but I've been mostly disappointed with Netflix shows so I'm not hopeful.
    What the hell are you watching?

This looks cool though, will check it out.

Tuconots

Stranger Things Netflix 8 episode series.

Set in the 1980s Indiana, a young boy named Will (Noah Schnapp) disappears into thin air and the search for him that includes Will's best friend Mike (Finn Wolfhard), leads to top secret experiments and a strange little girl (Millie Brown) in the woods.-from wikipedia

Winona Ryder stars as the kid who disappears mom. I am 5 episodes in and can say this is worth watching kind of cross between Goonies and Super 8 with some cool creature things going on.
    "It's better to look ugly and win, than pretty and lose."

Tuconots

Tuconots
    I am only halfway through this but it is fantastic so far.

Tuconots
    I've burned through the first 4 so far. Really good show.

Tuconots
    After the final season of Lost I'm fine with just mediocre answers to mystery shows.

Tuconots
    That was very satisfying. Left a few potential hooks for a sequel* but wrapped up story nicely.

* Alternatively they may just be being dicks along the horror story ending lines.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxer View Post
    After the final season of Lost I'm fine with just mediocre answers to mystery shows.
    I would not really call it a mystery show. There's a bit to start with but it's more kind of an adventure horror type thing. Think Stephen King I guess.

Tuconots
    This is a real good show. Just finished it this morning.

Spoiler: 
    So are waffles what allows 11 to cross dimensions now?
    Originally Posted by supertouch
    for those who asked:

i haven't sucked her penis but i have stroked it. it sounds odd but i don't view it as a masculine organ on her.

Tuconots
    Really enjoyed it. I thought the guy who played the chief was excellent.

Loved the John Carpenter style music as well. That was my favorite part of It Follows.
    Last edited by Dudebro; 07-16-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Tuconots
    Enjoying this show, though watching it with an 80s purist who yells at the screen about songs that came out in 1987 being used in a series set in 1983...

Tuconots
    Some anachronistic things, but pretty enjoyable.

Tuconots
    Just finished watching this, really a good show hopefully it gets a 2nd season.

Why does the search engine suck so much on this website? This is the 3rd time I have looked for a key word and it gives me a bunch of things but not what I am looking for, even though it exists.
    "It's better to look ugly and win, than pretty and lose."

Tuconots
    The show was ok. I like that it ended. It feels like Stranger Things will be a "twilight zone-esk" kind of series. The music for the first 4 episodes was fan-goddamned-tastic.

Tuconots
    Have not started this yet, would this show be good for kids to watch too? Around age 10? I don't ever find shows scary or creepy so it's always hard for me to tell what i can and can't show them lol

Tuconots
    I would say yes? He may be a little young for it. However, half the cast are middle school aged in the show, that may help with him identifying with the story. I think most of his problems might be with this being set in the 80's and not knowing what an atari and D&D is lol.

Tuconots
    It depends on the 10 year old and how much they've already seen. My sister's daughter? Nope. When she was 9, she couldn't even read a children's book that had a dragon killing sheep without getting nightmares. But my brother's kids? No fucks given.

The netflix description & trailer left me feeling indifferent. I only watched the show because my brother highly recommended it.
    And I absolutely loved it and wish I could have given it a 6. If someone doesn't like it, they are a fucking commie.

I've never heard of the writing/director duo (Duffer brothers). But, they have earned my trust in watching whatever they work on for a while.

Tuconots
    absolutely loved this show, my wife despises horror movies but was down for binging all 8 of these.

the characters in this felt real, very well written.

are we going to see more with these characters or is this going to be a "twilight zone" kinda thing?

Spoiler: 

why did hooper get in the car at the hospital at the end?

i'm assuming 11 is just living in the upside down now?

why did Nancy stay with Steve (jon ralphio) the douche ?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I would say yes? He may be a little young for it. However, half the cast are middle school aged in the show, that may help with him identifying with the story. I think most of his problems might be with this being set in the 80's and not knowing what an atari and D&D is lol.
    Raising my kids right, we have atari hooked up, nes hooked up, they play with my toys from the 80's, and i play D&D with them hahah
    Will give it a shot with them! thanks!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdain x View Post
    absolutely loved this show, my wife despises horror movies but was down for binging all 8 of these.

are we going to see more with these characters or is this going to be a "twilight zone" kinda thing?

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

I believe he got in the car as part of the deal he made. It seems he's part of the whole thing now that he's feeding 11, which is implied she's in the other dimension.

I read that the next season will follow the same characters.
    Originally Posted by supertouch
    for those who asked:

i haven't sucked her penis but i have stroked it. it sounds odd but i don't view it as a masculine organ on her.

Tuconots
    Finished first episode but having trouble getting into this. Kids seem pretty annoying to me, but I am overly sensitive to annoying kids so maybe its just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    You're a disgusting person and you should absolutely feel deeply, deeply ashamed of yourself.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid View Post
    Finished first episode but having trouble getting into this. Kids seem pretty annoying to me, but I am overly sensitive to annoying kids so maybe its just me.
    That's definitely a big part of why I'm having a tough time getting into it

Tuconots
    So far I like almost everything from the adults and the teenagers but the kids are making me cringe constantly.
    You're a disgusting person and you should absolutely feel deeply, deeply ashamed of yourself.

Tuconots
    Just skip ahead through bits you find cringy.

Tuconots
    I'm waiting to start this because I think it's a good date night kinda show. Am I wrong?

No Pants Dance
    Tuconots
    Ha. I usually do not like child actors, but I thought the kids were one of the better point of the show. Huge Super-8 vibe from it. Only three episodes in, but I am heartily enjoying it.

Tuconots
    This was really awesome. I mean nothing is without flaws but this had less than most. It hit all the great notes of nostalgia without being overly obnoxious. Shit was like Akira meets ET meets The Explorers meet Goonies and so on.

Only strange thing that jumped out to me was that they used the 2010 Peter Gabriel version of Heroes instead of Bowie's. But the PG version probably fit the tone of the scene better.

Wife initially wasn't in to it but came back a couple of episodes in and stayed up way past her bedtime because she wanted to finish it with me.

I'm waiting to start this because I think it's a good date night kinda show. Am I wrong?
    I think that would depend on her nostalgia factor for the 80s style stuff. It was absolutely good on its own as a horror-lite, sci fi, adventure style show though. It isn't really date night in the sense of she's gonna want to cuddle up because it is so intense and scary.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Watched 7 out of 8 episodes, saving the last for tomorrow. Pretty great show
    PSN: Ritley

who knows!
    Tuconots
    Only watched the first ep but I like what I see a lot.

Turns out the girl I took to prom is engaged to one of the writer/director bros! Random.

Tuconots
    Loved every bit of it. The music was especially great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    i didnt think the comments in this thread could get any dumber, but apparently there is no bottom.

Tuconots
    I was absolutely floored by this, I thought it fucking nailed the 80's adventure movie style, I literally think it's the best example since the Goonies.

Everything was good, cinematography, costumes, music and the cast was fantastic, they absolutely looked like kids that would have been in an 80's movie.

100% the best thing I've seen on Netflix.

Registered User jimmy carter wuwu's Avatar
    Tuconots
    The fat kid reminded me of chunk from the goonies a lot but less of a bitch. I'm a sucker for the small town/huge government sponsored hidden project type shows. (Guilty of liking hemlock grove). The ending seemed like a flashback almost of silent hill, with a happy ending. Nice blend of Stephen Kings (IT) ...ass hole kids ....ET hiding L....and flight of the navigator/goodnies ....... Adventure wise
    Last edited by jimmy carter wuwu; 07-19-2016 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Fup

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdain x View Post

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 
    I think the point was that Steve wasn't actually that bad of a guy. His friends were dicks, but he was never really particularly douchey himself up until he thought nancy cheated on him, and was portrayed as regretting his actions. He was genuinely worried about her, then came back to help fight at the house. I guess they patched things up, though she clearly quite likes new-edward furlong.

I liked this show a lot, was really surprised they didn't tease the whole plot line out over the entire series a la x-files, but after a few episodes was getting down to the nitty gritty. Don't think I would have watched if it was some obscure looming presence that is not elaborated on at all. Definite goonies vibe from the kids. Have a feeling the second series has the potential to be a stinker though, I enjoyed the inter-dimensional stuff and psychological aspect but im not sure how theyd expand on what they already have without needing to go 'bigger' and it just becoming monsters vs people or something

Tuconots
    I really liked it but it did feel like a rip off of Stephen Kings It.

Tuconots
    I loved everything about this. The music, the acting, the atmosphere. I loved how they took common 80s themes and cliches and played with them. Really, really well done. Netflix is just killing it these days.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy carter wuwu View Post
    The fat kid reminded me of chunk from the goonies a lot but less of a bitch. I'm a sucker for the small town/huge government sponsored hidden project type shows. (Guilty of liking hemlock grove). The ending seemed like a flashback almost of silent hill, with a happy ending. Nice blend of Stephen Kings (IT) ...ass hole kids ....ET hiding L....and flight of the navigator/goodnies ....... Adventure wise
    Did you watch Granite flats on Netflix?

Tuconots
    only 3 pages for this? truly shocked.

great show. great soundtrack. I was hooked and have gone back and watched particular scenes. just really a masterful way of tapping into nostalgia without it being "goonies 2" or something equally dumb

Well written characters, the best child actors I can remember too

Spoiler: 
    I'm guessing the dude getting in the car at the end and then leaving waffles out is their way of showing 11 is still around in TUD. I guess it's possible it's just guilt, but I don't know why he's getting in that car at the end is all.

the kid not mentioning monster slugs coming out of his throat seems weird, unless he's invasion of body snatchers type of shit. Seems like an important thing to mention. He doesn't really know the government was evil in all of this

getting back with that dude was realistic to me. he was more charismatic, better looking, and really not that bad of a guy. multiple times they could've made him a douche and he came through. he just overreacted to thinking she cheated, like any teenage boy would do
    Last edited by ham; 07-22-2016 at 04:55 AM.

Tuconots
    Spoiler: 
    He got into the car at the end because he knew the Gov was going to talk to him and debrief him and tell him to keep his mouth shut and he was like "fuck it, alright". His job was done and we was ready to accept whatever fate. Especially after going to a fucking nether dimension.

The boyfriend wasn't all that bad, but man he sure was good with a spiked bat!

Tuconots
    I think he's working with them in some capacity now. We will see!

Best show I have seen all year. I fucking loved it.

Tuconots
    Just binged this over the weekend and finished the last episode yesterday. I loved it. Really impressive acting by the kids. I will be honest, though. I feel Winona Ryder's acting was a bit shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    only 3 pages for this? truly shocked.

great show. great soundtrack. I was hooked and have gone back and watched particular scenes. just really a masterful way of tapping into nostalgia without it being "goonies 2" or something equally dumb

Well written characters, the best child actors I can remember too

Spoiler: 
    I'm guessing the dude getting in the car at the end and then leaving waffles out is their way of showing 11 is still around in TUD. I guess it's possible it's just guilt, but I don't know why he's getting in that car at the end is all.

the kid not mentioning monster slugs coming out of his throat seems weird, unless he's invasion of body snatchers type of shit. Seems like an important thing to mention. He doesn't really know the government was evil in all of this

getting back with that dude was realistic to me. he was more charismatic, better looking, and really not that bad of a guy. multiple times they could've made him a douche and he came through. he just overreacted to thinking she cheated, like any teenage boy would do
    Everyone binge watched, so no speculation from week to week. results in less discussion.

Sister is horrible.
    Spoiler: 
    total sociopath. Doesn't care at all when little brothers best friend is kidnapped/murdered. just wants to loose her v-card with douche. is a "friend" to the fat, ugly girl, probably just to make herself feel better. only "cares", when her sycophant friend is gone. it took something that belonged to her. of course she went with hotty mc-douche. at best, she is a bigger douche then HE is. at worst, shes outright a sociopath.
    Last edited by Caliane; 07-22-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Tuconots
    double.
    Last edited by Caliane; 07-22-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Tuconots
    I think you're projecting a little. He was missing for a few hours at that point, and she's a teenager in a small town with no concept of what that could mean. That was her arc, she's all wrapped up in her own shit that she missed everything that happened in those first two days, then she came around.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    Everyone binge watched, so no speculation from week to week. results in less discussion.

Sister is horrible.
    Spoiler: 
    total sociopath. Doesn't care at all when little brothers best friend is kidnapped/murdered. just wants to loose her v-card with douche. is a "friend" to the fat, ugly girl, probably just to make herself feel better. only "cares", when her sycophant friend is gone. it took something that belonged to her. of course she went with hotty mc-douche. at best, she is a bigger douche then HE is. at worst, shes outright a sociopath.
    Pretty uncharitable assessment.

Tuconots
    Only watched 2 episodes so far but I love it.

I agree that Winona's acting is pretty terrible in this. Some scenes she's crying and there aren't even any tears
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    Only watched 2 episodes so far but I love it.

I agree that Winona's acting is pretty terrible in this. Some scenes she's crying and there aren't even any tears
    She gets better, but yeah, she was the worst actor at the beginning. Episode 5 and beyond she's pretty solid. The Chief fucking rules though. And the tall skinny officer, who I assume is one of the writers or something. Everything he says is hilarious.

Tuconots
    yeah Ryder started rough but settled into it. I guess it's hard to complain about hysterical/possibly crazy single mother being too much though, I'm sure she wasn't too far off from someone else in that position.

and yeah the

Spoiler: 
    boyfriend was a badass with that spiked bat. he must've dodged 3-4 times successfully too. definitely MT material.

Hoping a bit they go in a different direction with the next one. Or at least ignore 11, but I have a feeling a large part of the new season will be main kid wanting her back. I bet it's longer and slower, but I'm a pessimist. The "IT" vibe was uncanny so much of the movie. right in the nostalgia

Tuconots
    I just don't know what to say to you. Just go sit down over there or something.

On a serious note, I discovered this just now. I had to research it after ten minutes or so of watching cause the recreation of a Spielberg 80s film was so on point. Good show!

Seriously though Khane...I don't even.

Dont Mind Me
    Tuconots
    I felt that aside from a few parts in the final episode it was pretty enjoyable. 7/10 overall from me, was worth the time across a weekend to complete the short series.

Spoiler: 

1. Why was Hop the one delivering Eggos and not Mike. Also, random chicken wings...wtf?
    2. Why did Nancy end up with Steve? This could have gone either way, but I would have rather seen her with Jon.
    3. Why when Hop and Joyce went into the rift were they able to explore without any problems? When they sent cabled up guy in during a earlier episode, he didn't get very far at all.
    4. Why did the monster go for Jon and Nancy at the Byers house when he had easy prey inside the rift with him?
    Last edited by elcaro1101.2; 07-23-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Tuconots
    I told my friend it was 8/10 after 5-6 episodes, revised to 9/10 after the later episodes. The noble sacrifice was predictable but still enough to tug on the old heart strings

Tuconots
    Really didn't care for the series much after the first few episodes, but powered through anyways and am glad I did.

The last few episodes are gold.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Finished it last night. Amazing.

I started it on someone's recomendation that i'd like it with out reading up on what it was about beforehand. It took me like 4 episodes in before I realized "Oh shit. I'm watching a Stephen King novel"

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by elcaro1101.2 View Post
    I felt that aside from a few parts in the final episode it was pretty enjoyable. 7/10 overall from me, was worth the time across a weekend to complete the short series.

Spoiler: 

1. Why was Hop the one delivering Eggos and not Mike. Also, random chicken wings...wtf?
    2. Why did Nancy end up with Steve? This could have gone either way, but I would have rather seen her with Jon.
    3. Why when Hop and Joyce went into the rift were they able to explore without any problems? When they sent cabled up guy in during a earlier episode, he didn't get very far at all.
    4. Why did the monster go for Jon and Nancy at the Byers house when he had easy prey inside the rift with him?
    Spoiler: 
    Hop's lost daughter is probably a large motivator for him. not sure if he just guessing shes around, or perhaps government debrief gave him the idea she was.
    nancy is horrible. Monster was distracted by the fresh blood Jon and Nancy intentionally tried to lure it away with. that was the plan. Hop+Joyce go in, after kid. Jon and Nancy distract it. monster is drawn to fresh blood. I don't remember how THEY knew that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Hop's lost daughter is probably a large motivator for him. not sure if he just guessing shes around, or perhaps government debrief gave him the idea she was.
    nancy is horrible. Monster was distracted by the fresh blood Jon and Nancy intentionally tried to lure it away with. that was the plan. Hop+Joyce go in, after kid. Jon and Nancy distract it. monster is drawn to fresh blood. I don't remember how THEY knew that.
    Spoiler: 
    From Nancy's friend to dropped a spec of blood into the pool before the thing showed up. After they saw Jon's picture.

This was a fantastic series. I was hooked from the first minute. Lots of nostalgia 80's was so sweet. In the end, it's seemed to me a mix of Goonies and The Mist. If you look at it as Mist in reverse.

Tuconots
    I also felt a bit of a Stand by Me vibe with the friends as well. I really can't wait for more. This show had me hooked from episode 1. Loved every bit of it.

Tuconots
    I thought it was really good, and looks like they are setting up another season.

I will say, that it really didn't need to be 8 hours for the amount of actual story it had.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Tuconots
    Really enjoyed it, but the final episode bumped it up a notch...and then the epilogue, loved it.

Tuconots
    This series was very cliche and very predictable and I loved every second of it. They nailed that 80s vibe and I thought it was fantastic.

"AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Tuconots
    It was like watching ET and x-files
    Sup, Monica. Don't forget to register at re rerolled

Tuconots
    Nothing special, but very enjoyable to watch. A very easy & fun binge.

Tuconots
    A lot of it felt like a John Hughes movie. Great show, I hope they hire these guys for more stuff. Never heard of the Duffer Brothers before but I'm going to keep an eye out for their stuff from now on!

I think a lot of you are around my age, which is the age the kids were in the show. Did you catch what was missing in every single grocery store/bar/quickie-mart they went into?

Tuconots
    Ecto Cooler?

Tuconots
    Spoiler: 
    We lived in the middle of nowhere, USA, and in 1982 you couldn't go into anyplace and not see a defender-full.jpg

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by attog View Post
    A lot of it felt like a John Hughes movie. Great show, I hope they hire these guys for more stuff. Never heard of the Duffer Brothers before but I'm going to keep an eye out for their stuff from now on!

I think a lot of you are around my age, which is the age the kids were in the show. Did you catch what was missing in every single grocery store/bar/quickie-mart they went into?
    The only thing I knew them from before this was a couple of Wayward Pines season 1 episodes. This far far outpaced that.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Really enjoyed this series. I liked the middle part the best. The ending was kind of meh I felt.

Tuconots
    For those that loved this show, if you want a decent movie to watch as well, I recommend this if you have not seen it.

The Mist (2007) - IMDb

It will be minus the 80's stuff and Goonies style kids, but still pretty good to watch when it comes to creepy/wtf is going on.

Tuconots
    I actually thought ALL of the kids did a terrific job in their roles - and I usually cannot stand child actors. Liked this quite a bit, thought the end was the pinnacle of the season. Predictable, but a nice little summer surprise show.

Tuconots
    The biggest unbelievable thing was:

Spoiler: 
    Besides One Punch Hopper owning everyone hand to hand, even in the presence of guns,

The dorky ass science teacher and a hot asian chick. That's nerd fantasy, right there.

Tuconots
    That was all fan service man, it was an homage. Do you remember the 80s? Movies like Weird Science and Real Genius... and ALL of the Nerds movies... hot chicks were all over the nerds.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    The biggest unbelievable thing was:

Spoiler: 
    Besides One Punch Hopper owning everyone hand to hand, even in the presence of guns,

The dorky ass science teacher and a hot asian chick. That's nerd fantasy, right there.

"WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS CURIOUSITY DOOR CLOSED!?!?"

Tuconots
    When I was watching the show I actually hoped they'd reboot the entire cast and have no continuity between seasons. True Detective style. Just tell a story and move on because I don't see how you can stretch this storyline forever. But that is clearly not the case since brother was hacking up worms so he's probably becoming the Demi Gorgon next season or some shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenks View Post
    When I was watching the show I actually hoped they'd reboot the entire cast and have no continuity between seasons. True Detective style. Just tell a story and move on because I don't see how you can stretch this storyline forever. But that is clearly not the case since brother was hacking up worms so he's probably becoming the Demi Gorgon next season or some shit.
    The ending bothered me for exactly that reason. It felt like they had originally planned either to wrap the show up completely in one season, or do separate storylines for each season. That ending felt completely forced as if they were told to continue the same story if they wanted to keep the show going.

Tuconots
    The ending bothered me for exactly that reason. It felt like they had originally planned either to wrap the show up completely in one season, or do separate storylines for each season. That ending felt completely forced as if they were told to continue the same story if they wanted to keep the show going.
    Not true at all. There have already been several articles with them talking about season 2 and beyond. Supposedly they came up with a 30 page document outlining the story for several seasons. They wanted the first season to be a complete story, and if they got picked up for more they could move on to the questions left unanswered. They've said to think of season 2 as more of a sequel than "season 2".

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stra...-2-1201816664/

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantrik View Post
    Not true at all. There have already been several articles with them talking about season 2 and beyond. Supposedly they came up with a 30 page document outlining the story for several seasons. They wanted the first season to be a complete story, and if they got picked up for more they could move on to the questions left unanswered. They've said to think of season 2 as more of a sequel than "season 2".
    So... what I said was exactly, precisely true?

Spoiler: 
    It wasn't a complete story. Everything they put after the "one month later" black screen was completely hamfisted and was only in there to promote the fact that there would obviously be a second season. And what the fuck does "Think of it more as a sequel than a season 2" even mean? That's some next level spin doctoring

Anyway it doesn't really matter. It was a very minor gripe. I loved the show and am looking forward to whatever it is they do next with it.

Tuconots
    This was fanfuckingtastic. Netflix really knocks original programming out of the park.

Tuconots
    So... what I said was exactly, precisely true?

Spoiler: 
    It wasn't a complete story. Everything they put after the "one month later" black screen was completely hamfisted and was only in there to promote the fact that there would obviously be a second season. And what the fuck does "Think of it more as a sequel than a season 2" even mean? That's some next level spin doctoring

Anyway it doesn't really matter. It was a very minor gripe. I loved the show and am looking forward to whatever it is they do next with it.
    It can be a self contained story and still leave itself open for future seasons
    Last edited by Ambiturner; 07-26-2016 at 04:56 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambiturner View Post
    It can be a self contained story and still leave itself open for future seasons
    Yeah the door is wide open here. They can revisit the kid as a grown up and start the story line there, they can pick up where they left off, they can create writing to talk about what this other dimension was and why it was important for the CIA to open it and find out what that thing was, they could do a prequel about that actually... It can still be an anthology of sorts. For me personally, I hope they stick to the Goonies type feel though. They can use different time periods... 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, etc.

With that said, my favorite character was that kid with the lisp.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnayan View Post
    My girlfriend and I agree with you. He was definitely our favorite character as well.

That scene at the dinner table where they are trying to distract the mother had me in stitches.

who knows!
    Tuconots
    Yeah the door is wide open here. They can revisit the kid as a grown up and start the story line there, they can pick up where they left off, they can create writing to talk about what this other dimension was and why it was important for the CIA to open it and find out what that thing was, they could do a prequel about that actually... It can still be an anthology of sorts. For me personally, I hope they stick to the Goonies type feel though. They can use different time periods... 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, etc.

Agree on many different paths they could take a follow-up but the "dep. of energy" opening the portal definitely seemed inadvertent. Experiments on the cold war telekinetic assassin girl leads to contact with an unknown entity in this seemingly unknown realm she crosses to get to her targets. They encourage contact with the entity which leads to the entity tracking the girl back to her reality and opening the portal. Cue chaos.

Tuconots
    Ack, good call. I forgot about the Russian Spy Scene. I do hope though that they expand on what this monster is and the other dimension and why it exists.

Tuconots
    We already know what the other dimension is (The Vale of Shadows) and essentially why it exists (Gary Gygax)

Tuconots
    This show needs a 5 year gap so the kids are teenagers and not annoying as fuck. Did like it overall after fastforwarding through most of the cringy kid's stuff.

Tuconots
    What? The kids were the best part of the show.

Tuconots
    My favorite character was Nancy because she was hot and put out and cockteased that one dude then left the nice guy for the asshole. It was a very believable character.

Tuconots
    Nancy was the perfect amount of high school hot-good-girl. Like she was attractive, but not like cartoon eyes bulge hot, and she was weirdly skinny and dainty, and you KNOW she got them top grades. Reminded me of about 10 different girls during high school. Glad they didn't go with the big tit blonde sasspot Kaley Cuoco type.

Tuconots
    You guys thought that anorexic skeleton was hot?

Tuconots
    Ack, good call. I forgot about the Russian Spy Scene. I do hope though that they expand on what this monster is and the other dimension and why it exists.
    Every time they try to explain shit like this in movies or TV, we are worse off for it. Better to leave some mystery.

Tuconots
    Finally watched the rest today. Really great show. I liked all the references from Star Wars to Lovecraft.

I couldn't stand Chunk at first, but he got better as the episodes played out to where I think he was my favorite.

I wonder if Barb's parents are pissed that the whole town forgot about her basically? "Eh, only one missing and presumed dead child per year will be cared about by the citizens of Hawkins. It's in the town charter, sorry Barb-family."

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatlord View Post
    Finally watched the rest today. Really great show. I liked all the references from Star Wars to Lovecraft.

I couldn't stand Chunk at first, but he got better as the episodes played out to where I think he was my favorite.

I wonder if Barb's parents are pissed that the whole town forgot about her basically? "Eh, only one missing and presumed dead child per year will be cared about by the citizens of Hawkins. It's in the town charter, sorry Barb-family."
    Well the official story was they found her car and she ran away, only a select few know what really happened - and who's going to believe them?

I really enjoyed this a lot, made me want to start my pathfinder group up again. I can't really understand fast-forwarding through the kid scenes, that's like 50% of the show and their chemistry was the best part.

Kids are annoying in their own ways, but I don't think these kids were any more annoying than others.
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    You guys thought that anorexic skeleton was hot?
    You more a Barb kind of guy?

Thread Information