Thread: Electra Woman & Dyna Girl!

Tuconots

Electra Woman & Dyna Girl!

Here's your answer to superhero fatigue, bitches! Not to mention, a reboot done right!

I will watch, and enjoy.

Tuconots
    And not a single laugh was had.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I dunno after watching that trailer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    Im not sure what to make of this film. Not sure if super hero movie that's just trying to keep it light or if its going for the super hero comedy thing. Either way the trailer was not funny.

Tuconots
    I take it you guys never saw the original? Obviously I'm being sarcastic, and it will be terrible, but come on, am I that old?? I used to watch the original religiously every Saturday morning.

They were giving me boners before I knew what boners were for.
    Last edited by Void; 06-02-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Tuconots
    My wife loved the original because of how terrible and shlocky it was, she even sings the jingle lol. They are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here....

Tuconots
    I've never been one to think women should get breast surgery but damn those two bitches are flatter than a slice of American Cheese

never even heard of the original show and I think i'm in that age group, but I was all about Bugs Bunny and GI Joe

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    I...am completely unfamiliar with this.

Tuconots
    yeah. I don't know.
    Looks ok. But, I can't feel the tone.
    Doesn't look funny, or exciting? what are they going for here? Who is the intended audience?

I don't remember the original at all.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanur View Post
    I...am completely unfamiliar with this.
    My sister forced me to watch this. I hated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nester View Post
    No, his super power is super preparedness. So basicly the. Best gay date of your life, cooks your favourite meal, has your favourite song in the back ground, playing your favorite game while drinking your favourite scotch. He knows what you like and it sets the mood, also Lots of lube and just enough forplay. He is batman he is ready for YOU as he has dedicated his life to being ready to do the things others can't and wont.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    This sorta reminds me of Mystery Men I guess?

Tuconots
    Yeah it looks like it's trying for that Mystery Men and/or Super(I think? The one with Dwight) tone, but failing. Or maybe it's hitting the tone of Super, but it's just poorly written/executed.

Either way, it looks un-funny ^ 10

Tuconots
    I think this was a part of the "Kroft Super Stars" maybe. It used to play in the same lineup as "Dr. Shrinker" and the "Space Nuts", or not. That was a long time ago...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayd View Post
    I think this was a part of the "Kroft Super Stars" maybe. It used to play in the same lineup as "Dr. Shrinker" and the "Space Nuts", or not. That was a long time ago...
    it was indeed. lead chick went on the be on some soap opera my ex-wife used to watch. Was pretty weird seeing her on screen on day and remembering her from a show I watched 25 years earlier.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    yeah. I don't know.
    Looks ok. But, I can't feel the tone.
    Doesn't look funny, or exciting? what are they going for here? Who is the intended audience?

I don't remember the original at all.
    For some reason it strikes me as something aimed at hipster women/SJWs. Like the one frame where it says they're "...crushing it!" Well, shit, can I get some grrrrl power up in here? And then all of the stale male superhero stereotypes not wanting or being able to 'save the city', but never fear - our two empowered women are on the case!

The whole thing just feels so fucking...forced. It's probably just shitty writing. Maybe they are aiming for some sort of buddy-cop movie with a superhero twist? I dunno, whole thing just seems strange to me.

Negasonic T.W. was probably a better written character than both of those two combined. This is also why I don't have any hope of ever seeing a She-Hulk movie worth a damn. The writers would probably spend all their time worrying about making her a role model instead of writing anything remotely compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Tuconots
    I'm pretty sure this isn't intended to be any sort of poignant commentary on genders or society or much of anything except how ridiculous (and amusing) the old show was. The two chicks don't seem to be taking it too seriously themselves, and they even have the whole "I'm not a sidekick" thing which is probably about as much conflict as the entire movie contains.

I just linked it because I thought it was hilariously bad, but in a fond nostalgic kind of way. I was in love with the original Dyna Girl for the longest time (probably a matter of months, but it seemed like forever at that age). Unfortunately this Dyna Girl isn't as cute to me.

It is going to be cheesy and bad, and a waste of almost anyone's time to watch, which was sort of my point. But yes, I will watch it anyway, just like I'd watch a new version of Isis from the Shazam/Isis Power Hour! This is the shit I grew up with, and actually got out of bed on a Saturday morning to watch.

Tuconots
    Quick Google reveals original Dyna Girl was legit

Tuconots
    Cant be worse than Zoolander 2 which was the only ting worse than BvS this ear.
    Forsakyn 100 Rogue
    League of Legends Meta Source

Xbox, PSN, Steam, Origin - Xexx01

Tuconots
    Wasn't there some dude that did amateur versions of these heroes for years? Only name recognition I have for the heroes otherwise.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    My wife loved the original because of how terrible and shlocky it was, she even sings the jingle lol. They are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here....

Damn that brought back some memories, lol. I had a crush on all the lady super heroes back then; Wonder Woman (linda carter), Bionic Woman, Dyna Girl, Isis. o/

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    I take it you guys never saw the original? Obviously I'm being sarcastic, and it will be terrible, but come on, am I that old?? I used to watch the original religiously every Saturday morning.

never heard of it , then again in 76 dad was stationed in europe and one could buy booze , smokes and fireworks for cheap without being 18 LOL

Tuconots
    This is already out for DL, anyone watch this yet ?

Tuconots
    Space Nuts, lol was like Gilligan in space.

Tuconots
    Watched this last night. Not great, but not as bad as I expected. I laughed a few times, and was even surprised at where they went with a few things (most of it is pretty cliche though). I'm not going to throw out a recommendation to see it, or try to say it was better than BvS or Apocalypse, but I think if you're easily amused like me and go in with low expectations it might pass the time. I'm not sorry that I watched it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post

Sad thing is...I know the song by heart.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Neir View Post
    Space Nuts, lol was like Gilligan in space.

Did it get better after the first 20 minutes? Only reason I even I kept watching was the odd gore in the beginning but it immediately went back terrible acting and a story that seemed predictable

Tuconots
    Well no, not really. That's pretty much what you're going to get through the entire thing, so if it didn't do it for you there's not much reason to push through. I watched for nostalgia and was ok with it, but if you don't have any compelling reason to watch it isn't really going to change much.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Never heard of these girls, but the trailer looks good. I'm expecting mystery men or superbad type of movie. Did it make it into theaters?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Mystery Men was such a great movie. That trailer didn't give me that vibe at all but if RR tells me that's what it's like I'll watch it.

Don't let me down bros.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I didn't necessarily get the idea that was as good as mystery men, just seemed like they were going for that. Or Kick-Ass (sorry, called this superbad in the last post), or The Incredibles, or maybe even My Super Ex Girlfriend. In other words, a comedy set in a world with lots of heroes who have more flaws than positives and mostly deal with piddly shit. Unclear if any of them have any actual powers from the trailer (other than the villain). No one (other than the spleen) had actual powers in MM or KA either.

If there's even 1 gag in this movie as good as the invisible boy who is only invisible when no one is looking, it'll be a winner in my book.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    It isn't as good as Mystery Men, so don't go into it thinking that. From what you're saying, I think Hoss will be fine to watch it, but seriously, no one should be expecting much of anything from this movie. There are a few surprising moments, and some laughs, but it isn't really "good". I just happened to see it was being released soon and had enough nostalgia to moderately enjoy it.

EDIT: No, it was never released in theaters, direct to video is all.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I didn't necessarily get the idea that was as good as mystery men, just seemed like they were going for that. Or Kick-Ass (sorry, called this superbad in the last post), or The Incredibles, or maybe even My Super Ex Girlfriend. In other words, a comedy set in a world with lots of heroes who have more flaws than positives and mostly deal with piddly shit. Unclear if any of them have any actual powers from the trailer (other than the villain). No one (other than the spleen) had actual powers in MM or KA either.

If there's even 1 gag in this movie as good as the invisible boy who is only invisible when no one is looking, it'll be a winner in my book.
    Bowling ball chick had powers, she was legit. Also, I don't care what anyone says, Mr. Furious was excellent

Thread Information