Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quarm Server

Tuconots

Quarm Server

Announced today here:

First, Quarm! This new server will launch this summer! It’s a limited-time server where all characters are on a race to defeat Mata Muram! Here are some details:
    • New server with Omens of War-era features, zones, and advancement.
    • Goal: Race to defeat Mata Muram.
    • Based on your accomplishments on Quarm, you’ll be able to earn special rewards that can be claimed by characters on another server (live OR progression).
    • Start at level 51 with 50 AA and gear.
    • Free trading of items (like you can on the Firiona Vie server).
    • True Box.

We’ll have more information to share on the Quarm server as we get closer to opening this up to a beta test with players. Like our other special servers, access to Quarm will require membership.

Tuconots
    Neat - in a bit of doldrums with Velious really not exciting me too much - that's good news here for something to screw around with.

Tuconots
    Permadeath pvp server or gtfo.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Jait View Post
    Permadeath pvp server or gtfo.
    Meh, Discord wasn't all that great but I would be interested in a short term PvP server of some type.

Tuconots
    OMM dead in sub 8 days guaranteed.

Tuconots
    You wanna bet on that Zaide?

Tuconots
    Ghostkill monk in three days.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
    Not sure about it being 8 days or less, but it'll be pretty damn fast I'm sure. Wonder what the xp rate will be like.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Meh, Discord wasn't all that great but I would be interested in a short term PvP server of some type.
    I was kidding. I'd like to see Project M again tho done right.

Tuconots
    Without the full ruleset probably listed yet? There's no reason for them to beta test it as those current rules are listed.

Besides obvious "gotchas" like XP rate - even within what they've listed don't the masks for OMM drop slow enough that you'll need 4-5 weeks to get enough for a full raid? (I've never actually stepped foot in Anguish - CoA 5/6 was where I stopped raiding)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post
    Without the full ruleset probably listed yet? There's no reason for them to beta test it as those current rules are listed.

Besides obvious "gotchas" like XP rate - even within what they've listed don't the masks for OMM drop slow enough that you'll need 4-5 weeks to get enough for a full raid? (I've never actually stepped foot in Anguish - CoA 5/6 was where I stopped raiding)
    Yeah, but if i remember correctly, we figured out that you actually didn't need a whole raid's worth of masks to complete the event, it could be done with a lot less but it really sucked.

Tuconots
    Yeah you only need like 1 group of people with masks that know how to use em.

Tuconots
    Xp rate and motm are the only factors that matter. Anguish is ultra easy. With the FV gear rules even moreso.

Tuconots
    Xp rate and motm are the only factors that matter. Anguish is ultra easy. With the FV gear rules even moreso.
    Yeah, that's kind of what i was thinking.

Tuconots
    Time to sell some Epic 1.5s for kroners?!?!?! Kind of curious what the rewards will be.

Tuconots
    FV rules don't allow trading epics tho~

Tuconots
    I played Classic --> GoD.

Will I find the 65+ game fun?

Tuconots
    GoD remains a low point for EQ. Omens and beyond is better. I loved OoW and DoDh personally. Otherwise the expansions can be hit or miss.

Tuconots
    After playing on Ragefire and Phinigel, I wouldn't start over on another server even if they paid me. The experience rate on Phinigel has burned my ass out on that shit.

Vulgarian
    Tuconots
    You have to get to level 70 then gather signets then do proving ground raids then clear anguish before you can kill OMM.

OoW was easy because guilds had been farming Plane of time for two years and GoD for six months. Under geared players will have a experience similar to GoD in OoW once they move past wall of slaughter into the group proving ground mission that drop type eight aug slot items.

I would guess three weeks to kill OOM.

Tuconots
    Fuck yeah. A three week server where all your effort is wiped out of existence after some pack of neck beards beat OOM.

Fuck that shit!

Tuconots
    The signet farming won't be as bad as VP key camps, whether or not they load balance zones will have a big impact as well. You could plow through all the trials + Anguish in one night of raiding though.

The whole OMM Mask thing is mostly a red herring. You need to have 12 masks exactly and then OMM will only use "gaze" on people who have the mask. If you get more masks then it just increases the number of people who could potentially get gazed. If you have sub 12 masks then he can gaze anyone in the raid.

Tuconots
    what gear is the MT gonna be wearing when OMM goes down?

Tuconots
    The pet nerfs are supposedly reverted after Luclin, so probably going to look like about 40 earth elementals and the charm pets you get during the fight.

Tuconots
    lolol. did not realize that.

gonna be a lot of butthurt on the DBG forums when the server ends with a pet wall lmfao.

BUT assuming that doesn't happen... what would the plan be to gear the tank? seems like that would be one of the main bottlenecks.

Tuconots
    I could be off base here but I'd say the best method might be to just grind in such a way that you get your Dranik Loyalist faction up, get your armor quest items and then do the turn ins for Search: armsmaster :: EverQuest :: ZAM

That's the "group" tier armor and if you prioritize your loot from all the trials+early anguish content to a single tank then you'll probably be able to tank OMM with that setup.

I remember the faction portion of the armor taking FOREVER. Just crushing huge trains for hours to get my faction up to ally for the raid armor.
    Last edited by Zaide; 05-29-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Tuconots
    Wouldn't the charmed pets be who you'd want tanking anyways?

Tuconots
    It's been a really long time since I've done Anguish but i think that's pretty crazy fast. I suspect gearing up the necessary tanks to handle the Jelvan event might cause some issues, not to mention with the limited gear I can see something like the Foresight event causing issues. With the start point, I'd look more at the 20-30 day window but maybe I'm greatly misremembering.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldeth View Post
    It's been a really long time since I've done Anguish but i think that's pretty crazy fast. I suspect gearing up the necessary tanks to handle the Jelvan event might cause some issues, not to mention with the limited gear I can see something like the Foresight event causing issues. With the start point, I'd look more at the 20-30 day window but maybe I'm greatly misremembering.
    Whoever gets the first kill would have to maximize organization/efficiency. You'd be looking at all premade groups, sharing account information so you can sleep in shifts to make sure that the characters are on and progressing 24/7 for that time frame. Every leveling path/loot/faction/raid decision has to be pre planned and not deviated from.

With the FV loot rules you can get into some hijinx with having people designated just to quest gear then giving that gear to people who were designated to just grind.

Tuconots
    Goats would be on perma lock down to for easy box upgrades.

Quite a few super fast things that open up because of the FV loot rules while not top tier, are pretty damn close. It'll be interesting to watch.
    Ragefire - Snatty / Vlett
    Tunare - Sethlen / Ryoh
    Vulak - Snatty / Terran
    Stormrage - Vlett (RIP WoW)
    Ps4= Venir_1
    Balmung - Vlett Byrn
    Trakanon - Vlett

Tuconots
    WTS working Monk Ghostkill & NoDelay compile. $300 USD
    Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    not-uh ^

As to the timeframe, sure people could do it in 8 days, its possible. The sad part is the people that could actually accomplish that are the only ones that care.. and probably in the same guild. Don't you fuckers see this pattern of bullshit temp fun servers? (edit: forgot RMT.. if so carry on)

You think that thread about "What makes EQEMU servers so good?" had any impact? Why all the Emulated EQ servers if EQ is free to play?

Lol. i love this stupid old game but after the last few rollouts of Rage->Lock->Phin and going hardcore on each because it was the newest... Gotta prolly hang it up. /tear
    Last edited by Uzi; 05-31-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    not-uh ^

As to the timeframe, sure people could do it in 8 days, its possible. The sad part is the people that could actually accomplish that are the only ones that care.. and probably in the same guild. Don't you fuckers see this pattern of bullshit temp fun servers? (edit: forgot RMT.. if so carry on)

You think that thread about "What makes EQEMU servers so good?" had any impact? Why all the Emulated EQ servers if EQ is free to play?

Lol. i love this stupid old game but after the last few rollouts of Rage->Lock->Phin and going hardcore on each because it was the newest... Gotta prolly hang it up. /tear

I love EQ Emu servers. I have played on 3 or 4 and they always have their own charm. I just kind of burned out on Grand Creation because I couldn't beat EMP, or any fight with a ton of offtanks and adds on my own. So i was stuck on SSRA Emp and the Halls of Honor trials. All because I couldn't git gud enough on the adds.

Tuconots
    I can tell you that their true box code is total horseshit on the Phinny server. Like Zaide said someone is going to fire up 40 mages on VM's and just go ham pet walling.

Tuconots
    why is it called quarm and not have the objective 2 be to kill quarm?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    why is it called quarm and not have the objective 2 be to kill quarm?
    Day Break Games

Tuconots
    Was there some sort of demand for this server?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by penalty View Post
    Was there some sort of demand for this server?
    Weird Servers make them money, but they do not get the actual point why people like the niche servers.

Tuconots
    It's no secret that DBG is a pathetic shell of a development company that basically couldn't put out a real Mmorpg if they tried. At this point, they are just script hackers tweeking the existing games they have left, so it's only natural that they would be putting the majority of their efforts in to creating new ruleset servers since all they have to do is modify shit.

DBG is such a fucking joke. I wish they would just sell EQ to a real development company that could actually make new Everquest.

Fuck DBG.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Faggins View Post
    It's no secret that DBG is a pathetic shell of a development company that basically couldn't put out a real Mmorpg if they tried. At this point, they are just script hackers tweeking the existing games they have left, so it's only natural that they would be putting the majority of their efforts in to creating new ruleset servers since all they have to do is modify shit.

DBG is such a fucking joke. I wish they would just sell EQ to a real development company that could actually make new Everquest.

Fuck DBG.

I honestly wonder how much $ a create license for EQ Classic -> PoP would be and then do a kickstarter - I bet it would get funded even if it was super high. Just to use the world, names and classic through pop "story" - do what EQ did, use a solid set of D&D version for the ruleset and go from there. Wasn't EQ based on D20 or V3? or 2.5 or something, that's why we have tics and stuff and at the beginning could actually watch combat text and see what's going on etc.

Tuconots
    Somebody at daybreak thinks OOW is an amazing expansion. They've previously put forward the idea of bundling GoD with it to combat the post-pop burnout, I can only assume because some assclown in the company thinks everyone's dicks are equally hard about Omens. Probably the same dude who thought Wuoshi needed an instance.

Tuconots
    Putting GOD/OOW together is a great idea. GOD sucks hard.

Tuconots
    GoD was massively improved. I'm still not a huge fan, but it wasn't the hard dicking it was originally.

That said, I would be actually OK with GoD being bunched into the PoP era - maybe delay it by 9 weeks or something, but GoD was a very natural progression from PoP, gearing wise, where Omens is a hard gear reset that obsoletes GoD almost entirely.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by radditsu View Post
    Putting GOD/OOW together is a great idea. GOD sucks hard.
    This really isn't the case anymore. GoD has been tuned to be much more balanced than it was at the start. Combining expansions with different level caps is a horrible idea.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    This really isn't the case anymore. GoD has been tuned to be much more balanced than it was at the start. Combining expansions with different level caps is a horrible idea.
    It killed my guild, fuck it. I have nothing but hate in my heart for that expansion.

Tuconots
    We're getting a little off topic since this isn't the Phinigel thread, but I think 24 weeks of PoP will kill more guilds than GoD by itself would, at this stage in the game. And I remember my guild being killed by GoD (but also WoW - you can't put all the blame on GoD).

Tuconots
    You can claim GoD killed your guild, but to suggest that OOW would have saved it takes a pretty big imagination leap.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by yerm View Post
    You can claim GoD killed your guild, but to suggest that OOW would have saved it takes a pretty big imagination leap.
    Nobody knew OOW would be a decent as it was. God was a giant shit sandwich that made WOW look like a great idea.

Tuconots
    Those who put up with GoD's faults and made it through the brutal buggy grind to get Qvic+ gear were summarily told our focuses were getting scaled in OoW. So yeah, we thought Warcraft looked really good at that point.

Tuconots
    Meh. Wont sub for this.

Tuconots
    A proper and good transition into EQ2 that didn't suck is what was NEEDED at that time and they failed.. EQ2's storyline starts where POP - plane of time ended, it was a natural progression that didn't happen.

Tuconots
    Kinda interested since it is an era I didn't play on live. Only ever did Anguish when it was pretty trivial at lvl 75. Still seems like too much grinding for a will be wiped experience.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleatha View Post
    Kinda interested since it is an era I didn't play on live. Only ever did Anguish when it was pretty trivial at lvl 75. Still seems like too much grinding for a will be wiped experience.
    If you're not in the first crew, you're not going to get to see it. It will get steamrolled really fast. Barring really stupid slow xp rate, this server will be done in under 2 weeks.

Tuconots
    Was thinking they probably wouldn't immediately wipe the server when MM was beaten but the people who did it first would get some reward. Then maybe a lesser reward for anyone who accomplishes it in the time the server is up. If that turns out to be wrong then yea, pointless.

Tuconots
    Worth noting is that this server could result in a Kerafyrm kill. If people actually geared up in PoTime/Tacvi/Anguish and then went back and woke the sleeper it wouldn't take too many people. Depends on how long they let the server run, if people will have time to get decked out with the good Anguish/OMM gear.

Tuconots
    They bother giving Kerafyrm MOTM?

Tuconots
    Sounds like fun. When is it going live?

Anyone forming groups for this yet? Looks like I'll be able to play full time for a change. Shoot me a pm for leet groupage...

Tuconots
    A friend of mine is going to be putting a guild together to race for OMM, he said he is going to put the site together and all that other good stuff this weekend. Ill post his info once he finishes it this week, its a mix of people from ROI on live and TL from the TLP's.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassus View Post
    A friend of mine is going to be putting a guild together to race for OMM, he said he is going to put the site together and all that other good stuff this weekend. Ill post his info once he finishes it this week, its a mix of people from ROI on live and TL from the TLP's.
    I still hate myself, so I'll probably make an appearance on Quarm. Hey babe, when does luclin open on TLP?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by vishnu View Post
    Sounds like fun. When is it going live?

Beta starts today. Goes live in July. Server will be up for 3 months, then characters are transferred to a new server with live rules.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ZithaX View Post
    I still hate myself, so I'll probably make an appearance on Quarm. Hey babe, when does luclin open on TLP?
    Its Toxn who is going to most likely run it, you gonna join us?

Tuconots
    Gonna Beastlord it up I think. Would make a troll, but they changed their warders from that awesome gator to shitty basilisks. So it'll be Iksar or Ogre!

Tuconots
    I was debating trying to score mad kronos by farming NC and selling spells, but being honest, the server will probably be won before I hit 60.

Tuconots
    I was debating trying to score mad kronos by farming NC and selling spells, but being honest, the server will probably be won before I hit 60.
    One kill last night on beta got Ducreux and Setsa like 8% in PoDisease (trash xp zone). We'll be max level in a couple of hours =p

Tuconots
    I'm gonna go hard on this. Never killed OMM back in the day.

Tuconots
    One kill last night on beta got Ducreux and Setsa like 8% in PoDisease (trash xp zone). We'll be max level in a couple of hours =p
    Well, I mean, even tier1 pop isn't that bad for xp.

Is the preset 51/50 gear decent? I had kind of figured Acrylia Caverns might be the absolute best spot for starting out until late 50s. The raw plat churned there should just shit on any other option with comparable xp, while doing higher-tier pop would be awful without gear or some kiting bullshit. If they give you defiant or the like I guess maybe PON until either NC or a GOD instance is the optimal way?

Tuconots
    God damn, well ok, yeah I'll join up. WHEN DOES LUCLIN OPEN?

Well, I mean, even tier1 pop isn't that bad for xp.

Is the preset 51/50 gear decent? I had kind of figured Acrylia Caverns might be the absolute best spot for starting out until late 50s. The raw plat churned there should just shit on any other option with comparable xp, while doing higher-tier pop would be awful without gear or some kiting bullshit. If they give you defiant or the like I guess maybe PON until either NC or a GOD instance is the optimal way?
    The preset should be the defiant gear for that range, since they're likely using the same shit from Mayong server (which was defiant I just don't remember the prefix.) I'll be damned if I even remember the leveling path we used though. Hotzones were overcrowded and I remember leaving PoI soon after entering as it was quite populated. As always getting ahead of the curve will prove most effective.

Tuconots
    I was going to check out the beta server, but I can't get on. 1017

Tuconots
    Workin now, here's some starter gear for a chanter:
    Gear00.jpgGear01.jpgGear02.jpg

Had to save these supercompressed to get them by the uploader

Registered User porkchop sandwiches's Avatar
    Tuconots
    So do they reset the server/wipe the characters after each 'event' i.e. OMM being killed?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop sandwiches View Post
    So do they reset the server/wipe the characters after each 'event' i.e. OMM being killed?
    Goes for 3 months, people can get flagged for different things that can get them rewards and then at the end of the time the characters get moved to a live server.

Tuconots
    I need to know the rewards or I'm out

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I need to know the rewards or I'm out
    Quarm hat and a choice of prizes ranging AA to a teleport item with long recast...maybe they will overhaul the prizes...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Goes for 3 months, people can get flagged for different things that can get them rewards and then at the end of the time the characters get moved to a live server.
    So... the top guild is going to RMT for kill credit a month into the server? lol

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Needless View Post
    So... the top guild is going to RMT for kill credit a month into the server? lol
    Doubt that. But you can get rewards for lesser things too, like finishing all the MPG trials, etc.

Tuconots
    So it looks like you get a hat and title (useless) and then ONE additional reward. If that shitty-looking mount is seru speed I may drop a cleric and do the group trials. If not, I'm really not sure 50 AA in OOW or probably-not-many phosphenes in TBS is worth the effort. I'm perfectly well aware of my playtime compared to others so its not like I'm going to be in the first-to-do-it group anyway.

Tuconots
    Love the concept but really disappointed in the rewards. But i will probably give it a shot since i have nothing better to do.

Tuconots
    Is this up yet? July is next week!

Tuconots
    I like the concept too but agree rewards are dumb as hell. Give people $10,000 worth of Daybreak Cash or something for finishing the content first to split with their guild.

Better yet, make it an eSport. Have leaderboards on what guild finishes first. Give guilds two-week-long brackets (Guild vs Guild) to complete as much as they can. Have players spend DBC on betting for brackets and 10% of all proceeds go to Extra Life or something. Those with a near-perfect bracket get a special item or title.
    Anything but this godawful mount.

Tuconots
    Site is up, dont think well take more than a couple of weeks to knock this all out.

Unknown Guild - A Quarm Raiding Guild

Tuconots
    Site is up, dont think well take more than a couple of weeks to knock this all out.

hmmm that's a weird site. I clicked the apply button and all it asks for is name/race/class. then it tells you it will email you. rofl.. i never entered an email

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by vishnu View Post
    hmmm that's a weird site. I clicked the apply button and all it asks for is name/race/class. then it tells you it will email you. rofl.. i never entered an email
    Where you expecting something fancy for a 2 week guild? Post your class and toon name and call it a day, no one is going to give a fuck about posting your life gaming history and achievements.

Tuconots
    Where you expecting something fancy for a 2 week guild? Post your class and toon name and call it a day, no one is going to give a fuck about posting your life gaming history and achievements.
    Unless you vape

Tuconots
    Looks like a fuckton of melee with 1 nec and 0 mage or wizard. I had thought about cleric, but maybe just going wizard or necro would make more sense.

(Not going makes the MOST sense of course)

Tuconots
    Yeah wassup with no pet classes, i thought they were OP as hell on these retardboxes

Tuconots
    I'll be rolling a beastlord or mage. So at least 1 pet class!

Tuconots

Apped bb.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by radditsu View Post
    Yeah wassup with no pet classes, i thought they were OP as hell on these retardboxes
    Mage is going to be OP AF, their pets by that expac look to be back to normal.

The problem with pet classes on these TLPs is that the raid bosses all pulse an AE that agro's pets which is meant to debuff player resistances to make it tougher. A lot of people just cant control pets so when pullers are splitting and the AE pulses through wall etc they end up agroing the boss (all pet hate goes to owners on TLP's). I would say its 100% np as the AAs are in to lock your pets now.

@Zithax nice dude, Toxn and them did trials on beta last night and said they were much easier than expected.

@Yerm most people will change their mind 10x before, a bunch of us are playing whatever is needed to fill in the gaps.

Tuconots
    Mage is going to be OP AF, their pets by that expac look to be back to normal.

The problem with pet classes on these TLPs is that the raid bosses all pulse an AE that agro's pets which is meant to debuff player resistances to make it tougher. A lot of people just cant control pets so when pullers are splitting and the AE pulses through wall etc they end up agroing the boss (all pet hate goes to owners on TLP's). I would say its 100% np as the AAs are in to lock your pets now.

@Zithax nice dude, Toxn and them did trials on beta last night and said they were much easier than expected.

@Yerm most people will change their mind 10x before, a bunch of us are playing whatever is needed to fill in the gaps.
    Pet hold AA helps a lot. Also the beta buffed guys were all in Elegant defiant which is OP as fuck, but yeah seems like the trials won't be so bad.

Tuconots
    What would one expect in order to complete the trials for the mount and be done?

Grind max level, some more aa's, do group trials? How much time investment are we talking?

Also, I assume the above could be completed without the need of a full raid force, perhaps casually?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    What would one expect in order to complete the trials for the mount and be done?

Grind max level, some more aa's, do group trials? How much time investment are we talking?

Also, I assume the above could be completed without the need of a full raid force, perhaps casually?
    The level grind and AAs don't seem to take all that long as long as you have a group and a progression of camp spots in mind. I think you could have 70 and all the necessary AAs inside of a week, and then whatever it takes to get the raiding done. But I think it's pretty much bring your own group--unless there are a ton of /anon players on, the beta test server has fewer than 30 people on it. Last night there were like 3 clerics, 2 bards, 1 ranger, and 0 druids or paladins online at all.

Not sure what the live server participation will be like or how Daybreak even justifies the special server.

Tuconots
    I'd imagine the live version will have a lot more people than the beta. Whether it becomes worth it for them moneywise who knows, it seems like an experiment.

Tuconots
    Def want to check this out. Have they announced a release date yet, or just July sometime?

Tuconots
    I think mid july is what people were saying, so a couple of weeks?

Tuconots
    Is that your guild Krassus?

Tuconots
    Its some of the guys I've met playing on the TLP's that aren't bad at a 17 year old game is all, I can approve anyone's app though from here.

Tuconots
    Thinking about giving this a shot since most of the other games i have been playing lately have gotten stale.

Tuconots
    "This server is scheduled to launch on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at noon PDT."

Get Hype

Tuconots
    I really don't understand why these lazy motherfuckers always launch stuff at the most convenient time for them (Wednesday in the middle of their work day) rather than at a time where the fucking customer can best enjoy it. I guess they learned their lesson after ragefire when they released on a Friday, fucked up, and realized they might not be able to just go home for the weekend at 5 pacific as a result (but did anyway lolol). Never again! Wednesday mid day it is!

Tuconots
    Honestly can't say I blame them.

Thread Information