Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius -- Android / iOS -- FF meets Brave Frontier, Summer? 2016

Tuconots

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius -- Android / iOS -- FF meets Brave Frontier, Summer? 2016

going to have new characters/storylines as well as classic FF characters/stuff from FF I-VI.

https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com/register/
    Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - Final Fantasy Wiki - Wikia
    Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Archives - Siliconera
    On Mobile
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius To Land On US Android And iOS Devices : Culture : Tech Times

Brave Exvius is designed as a turn-based role-playing game, using elements from the Final Fantasy series with those of Brave Frontier. Similar to Brave Frontier, the battle system consists of a simplified interface where players can command their characters to attack by touching the character's corresponding attack button, and special attacks or items can be used by swiping the button and choosing the desired command. Players advance through a series of stages until they encounter and defeat the end boss, all while gaining experience points, crafting materials and money.

The game also uses elements from the Final Fantasy series such as magic spells, character-specific limit breaks, and summon monsters. As part of the game's gacha system, players can summon characters from other Final Fantasy titles, which players can use to build a party of five units. Characters are presented in a pixel art style.[3] Also new to the game compared to Brave Frontier is the ability to explore through towns through touch control in a classic RPG style, which allows the player to talk to people and interact with them, which sometimes gives the player certain tasks to complete. Also after completing one dungeon, they can also wander through dungeons which also allows them to obtain more items and complete certain tasks.
    Download the beta here: FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS APK Download - Free Role Playing GAME for Android | APKPure.com
    Last edited by pharmakos; 05-22-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Tuconots
    Played this on and off throughout the day.

Seems pretty good at first glance. Very close battle wise to Brave Frontier, with the same type of spark system and combo system. Couple more options with characters having access to multiple spells and not just their Limit Break / Brave Burst, so it has some Record Keeper elements to it in that.

Like the blurb mentions above there is a sort of free roam component also which is unique'ish. Random map encounters, chests to find, villages to walk around and collect quests. The menu system is still in place to quick travel between stuff you want to do in towns. And you have quick access to the level up / fuse menu stuff without being forced to go back to a town and talk to a trainer or anything.

I'm still pretty low level and don't have any great units but will probably put some time in it the next few weeks.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    I enjoy these type of games, will be checking this out. The news links make it sound like the game isn't out yet? Are you playing on the japanese servers or something Intrinsic? I signed up for the pre-release gift stuff. Would be nice to get in on the ground floor of one of these games instead of always playing catchup.

Tuconots
    This is where I got the NA apk:

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS APK Download - Free Role Playing GAME for Android | APKPure.com

073,640,582 is my Player ID

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar View Post
    Would be nice to get in on the ground floor of one of these games instead of always playing catchup.
    That was my thought.

Tuconots
    Started this up, it's fun so far. Got Terra from FF6 from my first summon. Anyone have a link to a decent starter guide?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    This is where I got the NA apk:

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS APK Download - Free Role Playing GAME for Android | APKPure.com

073,640,582 is my Player ID
    That took me to the Jap download. Not sure if everyone else is leading there... Here's what worked for me as a more direct link to the global apk FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS APK Download - Free Role Playing GAME for Android | APKPure.com

Tuconots
    Screenshot_2016-05-22-11-16-12.jpg

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that chest lol.

Tuconots
    Been playing this all week. It hasn't been officially released yet but you can get it on android through the link above or on swedish apple appstore, apparently it's a sort of beta test and accounts won't be wiped.

Here are some tips:

Characters
    Characters have a star rating, more stars means a higher level cap which means more stats and ability unlocks. Awakening them resets their level but they keep abilities and some stats. Rolling new characters isn't that bad (you get a good few attempts), awakening them is tedious as hell material farming though.

Ignore Brave Exvius characters, they seem weak and max out at 3*. The two you start with can upgrade to 4* but are weird melee/spell hybrids. Keep them for later though.

Use your Lapis to summon Final Fantasy Characters until you have 5 including one healer. Side characters start at 3* and can upgrade to 4*, Main characters and villians start at 4* and can upgrade to 5*. You can be lucky and roll one already upgraded. I got 3* Rydia, Edgar, Maria and Cyan with 4* Vivi. I'm in the process of farming materials to awaken them all to 4*.

Eventually these characters get further awakening upgrades, Japan just got 6* unlocked for the two default units. You can also farm with each character to max out their "trust" for a free ability, this mechanic is for whales for now though. Combining two identical characters gives +5% trust.

AoE spells are really useful, your mages will unlock them in the 20s (Cura/Fira etc). Paralyse and Poison/Bio are useful for a superboss currently in game.

Items
    Look for hidden earth keys, one give a Capella gun which is decently powerful. You can google which one and it's location and prequest.

A superboss in the farplane has a Murasame katana which is really powerful. I haven't beaten it yet but it's doable with levels, poison and paralyse.

Use the shops, there is a limited gear selection and it's all in the few shops.

Ifrit is a hidden boss/esper, talk to everyone in the final town (the Port) to unlock his dungeon. Espers are limit breaks who give the junctioned character like 5% of their stats.

Daily Grind
    Do the Colosseum once an hour, can store 3 hours worth.

Do vortex for quick farming ~once an hour, you can choose exp/esper upgrade/awakening upgrade/gil. You'll want to do the exp one first, then awakening when you level cap out.

Friend everyone and gift them (it's free) and set your gift preference to friend points, friend points give free shitty 1-3* summons.

Overkilling gives a chance at a bonus drop, high trust also gives a chance at a bonus drop.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-22-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Tuconots
    I gave this a try this morning and liked it, I wish the Brave Frontier character sprites could get an overhaul to look like these :P My problem is I only really have time for one mobile game and I just recently got into Brave Frontier. Seems like a shame to abandon it for a new one but the pull of Final Fantasy is strong. Like mentioned above though, there is a definite appeal of getting in on the ground floor of something for a change.

I bought their 4 dollar beginner bundle thing and rolled a few times and I guess this game knows how much I enjoyed FF12 because of the three summons I did I got Fran, Vaan, and Penelo.

Tuconots
    The awesome sprites are the only reason I'm playing this, FFRK is far better but I'll give this a go just so I can see Rydia whip monsters to death.

Tuconots
    Giving this a go too. Music is nice, we'll see how it goes... having 3 mobile games ongoing is way time consuming.

Add me if you have space: 701,426,051

Tuconots
    Sent friend invites to you and intrinsic (my ign is Calysto). If anyone else wants to add me: 473,189,065

Tuconots
    How can I download this for the ipad in the US?

Tuconots

I hope Rydia doesnt suck because that is who I am keeping from my first few rerolls.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
    Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that chest lol.
    For that chest:
    Spoiler: 
    on the east path from that fork, when you're walking underneath the leaves heading to the area boss, hug the left wall, you can walk through it and it leads through a hidden path to that chest. has one of those quartz stone things in it (for me at least, unsure if contents are random)

Tuconots
    Only thing I'm not loving is for this early content you can't really sustain much constant playing. The exp : sta ratio isn't quite high enough to grind out a few stages in a row without taking a break. Some of the more recent mobile games seem to have a done a better job addressing this.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangoth View Post
    How can I download this for the ipad in the US?
    Switch to Swedish appstore.

Tuconots
    Went through the story up to Ifrit, which seems to be where we're roadblocked until the beta ends and game releases officially. Still need to beat that white dragon boss, but I have no chance whatsoever until I level my team a lot more, he wipes me in two rounds (level ~30'ish team currently).

Decided to do 2 more summons just to get a full roster of 5 real units. Got Fran and Russel, neither of which can go to 5*, but they will do for now. I'm really liking Terra at least. She does it all, white magic for healing / curing the team, black magic for aoe nukes, a huge mp pool, and she can equip guns for respectable auto-attack dps.

Suppose there's not too much to do until release. Just farm colloseum and stockpile crafting and evolution materials.

Tuconots
    so far nothing but 3* units, but the fanboy in me is happy with them -- Rydia, Kain, Galuf, Cyan, and Edgar.

really need a healer tho.

Tuconots
    Maria has been working out pretty good as a healer for me. Seemed like a decent early game pull with access to a AE Heal Limit Break and early access to Cura also.

Don't have anyone with Poison or Para for White Dragon and like Sinzar he just wipes my team in two rounds. Just Awakened my Rain to have something to do. Might farm the unlock dungeon for some of my other guys like Luna or Maria.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
    so far nothing but 3* units, but the fanboy in me is happy with them -- Rydia, Kain, Galuf, Cyan, and Edgar.

really need a healer tho.
    Those can all go to 4* and Galuf 5* with awakening material farming, took me a couple of days.

Keep pulling for a healer, I have Maria and she boosts survivability loads once she has cura.

Tuconots
    Haven't gotten very far, but I like it. That fake iOS style status bar at the top rustles me though.

ID: 264900637

Tuconots
    Got Edgar from my first summon and he seems like a decent starter? Not sure what I'm doing yet really, I got a white mage and black mage from friend points and have been using them to fill out the party.

ID: 848,715,428
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I sent you two a friend invite (Calysto is my ign, I put rerolled in my greeting comment).

Im having fun but finished pretty much all the content. Ill tinker with leveling my people up as energy permits (currently using Fran, Kain, Shadow, Maria, and Vivi) and wait for the full launch. Wonder if there's a reason they're holding back characters from FF7, 8, 10, and 14. Dont think Ive seen anyone from any of those games, only the old ones and 11 and 12 (although it looks like FF13 people are in the JP version). Guess theyre holding back for events to reel in the whales after Sephiroth.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukiri View Post
    Guess theyre holding back for events to reel in the whales after Sephiroth.
    guaranteed to be their plan lol.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper did the opposite and ended up having Cloud be the center of every new feature release in the game, so i guess it could be worse.

Tuconots
    585 065 489
    I'm in. It's got that new game smell.
    Picked up Shadow for my first summon.
    Last edited by Zynth; 05-24-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Tuconots
    Well that is unfortunate, both my devices don't have my account info and I don't have the ability to log in to Facebook that my account is linked to.

Tuconots
    Well that is unfortunate, both my devices don't have my account info and I don't have the ability to log in to Facebook that my account is linked to.
    The login server was having issues earlier. Try again, seems to be fixed now.

Tuconots
    Hopefully, I didn't create a new character and overwrite anything.

Tuconots
    Killing Ifrit is the end of the main content? I don't see anything beyond that, though the port is labeled next.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Denamian View Post
    Killing Ifrit is the end of the main content? I don't see anything beyond that, though the port is labeled next.
    That's it for storyline until the game officially launches in a few weeks. There's some other stuff you can do depending how much you want to grind in the limited content available. You can fight a super boss on the farplane (white dragon) for a sick katana, but you need to really powerlevel to take him out. You can grind your ifrit to max level, which unlocks the rank 2 ifrit fight, which is also crazy hard. You can grind colloseum for nice stuff through the ranks. Most of this will be easier/faster when the full game comes out.

Tuconots
    I keep getting a connection error message when I try to leave Fulan pass, been stuck inside all day. Is this a known thing or is the server down for maintenance or something?

Tuconots
    Happened to me. Give up the dungeon in menu.

Tuconots
    same.

Tuconots
    Don't forget this weekend is the Cactaur event for leveling up your team.

Tuconots
    Can you get this for iPhone? I've tried switching it to the Swedish app store and it didn't come up as an option.

Tuconots
    Try the brave exvius reddit faq, links are there for ios.

it's only castles burning jeffvader's Avatar
    Tuconots
    enjoying this, thanks for the tips, a couple noob questions.

my phone keeps going to sleep - any way to stop this? only game it does it with. guess i'll try wakey if nothing else.

any reason not to auto on non boss fights?

if i sort by "rarity" are those the best toons to use?

edit: just found the reddit, answered most of my questions!

Global QA Megathread - 5/19/16 : FFBraveExvius
    Last edited by jeffvader; 05-26-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Sometimes I just want to watch a french whore fist herself
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingdirk View Post
    In what way is it inappropriate to talk about rearing children

Tuconots
    Autobattle is fine, though if you overkill enemies, they drop more loot, so if farming for items you may wanna go heavy on nuking. Rarity is the units current evolution, which may not be their final form. Check the wiki to see what the max rarity of the unit will be to determine if they're valuable or not. Almost all units that have a 5 star form are worth it once you level them up. In general, primary characters and villains like Cecil or Exdeath can evolve to 5* and above, while side characters like Fran usually cap out at 4*. Expect most or all characters to eventually be updated to higher rarities though.

Tuconots
    Slowly grinding out mats 5* mats in ADV awakering while waiting for the cactuar events.

Friend Id: 087 316 094

Tuconots
    I just pulled Exdeath!... immediately after dumping 15 cactaur into Rydia.

Tuconots
    lol ouch! I'm going to save up for an 11 pull and hope there is a true master summon event. At almost 3k gems saved up and hopefully with new content and daily rewards the next 2k won't be that bad.

Tuconots
    I have Terra up to level 57, and have all the mats to evolve her to 5* once she hits 60, but I ran out of money. Fusing high level units is expensive! Gonna have to farm the gil vortex soon I suppose, but will be farming cactuar and stockpiling while the event is happening. Likely will need to expand my unit capacity...

Tuconots
    I started rerolling on Nox since it's pretty easy to run 5 instances at a time and finally got 3* Cecil. Was hoping for Bartz or Vaan, but Cecil will have to do I guess, since I don't want to lose out on the cactuar event.

What sort of teams do you run if you aren't spending your lapis though? Right now my phone has Lasswell, Rain, Firion, Edgar, and Leah (WHM). Nox account has Lasswell, Rain, Cecil, Leah, and Tronn. I feel like I'm going to be struggling a lot because I'm using shitty 3* capped characters.

And speaking of the cactuar event, is the 5 energy one the most efficient or did I just have bad luck with the others by getting green cactuar waves? My first run through all three I got 15k for 5 energy, 20k for 10 energy, and 30k for 15 energy. NM, did 5 energy one on another account and only got 1 metal cactuar.
    Last edited by Vorph; 05-27-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I think the only pulls I have done were the initial and two others, so 1k gems? That gave me a Luna, Maria, and Galuf. Which had been fine for so far. Haven't done White Dragon, waiting for this event to get some levels and try. I did get a Biggs from friend point pull, so can poison, but no paralyze I don't think.

I think the 15 STA is most efficient because you are guaranteed a giant metal for 30k XP, and I've had good luck getting 2/3 possible giant metal.

Tuconots
    I'd probably be ok if I had Anastasis and Biggs, but no luck with either so far from friend pulls. Maybe I'll just buy the early bird special and hope RNGesus smiles on the two ticket pulls.

And yeah, I've done a few more 15 energy runs on the Cecil account and I got stuff like metal+jumbo and 2x jumbo. Just got unlucky on my first run.

Is there any trick to refreshing your leader so people can use it repeatedly, like how you can in PAD? I couldn't figure out any way to get it to work between the two accounts I'm playing.

BTW, my Cecil account is 910,516,095 if anyone wants to add it. I should be hitting 40 and awakening him to 4* soon, assuming Heaven's Ash and Sacred Crystals aren't super hard to find.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    My pulls have been pretty good. I pretty much just pull once I have 500L. Picked up Shadow, Maria x3, Edgar, Fran, Rydia, and Exdeath. Sitting on 550L now, probably going to hold off for a bit. Cant feed any more cactaur since I already ran out of gil.

Tuconots
    I looked into it, and you can make easy gil currently with the event. When you catch the mini cactuars, feed them to one of the friend summon 1* units. 1 mini cactuar will max out the level of a 1* unit. Then sell that unit for ~4500 gil or so. The mini cactuars aren't efficient for leveling your higher units anyway, so this is a perfect way to make them useful.

Using the above I got enough gil to finish fusing my Terra to 60, then evolved her to 5*. Another few runs of the event and I should be able to max her level to 80. My friend ID is 302,363,072 if anyone wants it. Been using lapis on quality of life upgrades such as expanding the friend list, material capacity, etc.

Tuconots
    Apparently you can go way past the friend list limitation by linking your account to Facebook and adding people there (there's a FB group). Saw a YouTube video posted to reddit today where the dude had like 111/45 on his in-game friend list because of it.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    This site has compiled data for all the stuff currently in the global game: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius English Guide | A simple guide for FFBE

Very handy for finding all the hidden chests in towns/explore zones, where to go for quests, etc.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Got my Muramasa today! Was mostly lucky RNG on where his attacks went, but with Deprotection and a lucky poison landing, then chain Cura and physical attacks he went down.

Need like 8 Ashe to evolve Rain and forget Laswell, guess I'll just stock pile for after the event.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorph View Post
    This site has compiled data for all the stuff currently in the global game: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius English Guide | A simple guide for FFBE

Very handy for finding all the hidden chests in towns/explore zones, where to go for quests, etc.
    718smiley.png

Tuconots
    That Facebook trick worked nicely. I linked my FFBE account up to the dummy FB account I use for games and joined the two groups for this and added about 100 "friends". It takes a while for the game to sync up but once all of them appear in game I'll get 1000 lapis from rewards, plus a lot of these people are rank 20+ with maxed out 5* units.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Thanks for the tip about facebook. I got 2/5 of the lapis rewards from inviting people from the group, should get the rest soon hopefully.

I took out the white dragon after leveling some. I didn't have anyone who could paralyze, so I had to rely on Terra and Fran just chain casting cura every round to tank his damage. Once the cactuar event ends, I'm going to start using all my energy leveling espers to unlock the rank 2 fights.

Make sure to keep grinding colloseum whenever possible. There's some amazing equipment rewards from the higher ranks that blows away anything available to us currently. Also try to always bring someone to steal in colloseum, even if it's just the free thief Paul or Eldin. Lot of rare materials to be stolen otherwise unobtainable with what we have unlocked.

Tuconots
    Guess I need to do my PAL pulls, never got a Paul or Eldin. Up to B rank on colosseum now so at least I'll be on the way to unlocking the stuff to steal.

Tuconots
    Thanks for the tip about facebook. I got 2/5 of the lapis rewards from inviting people from the group, should get the rest soon hopefully.
    I'm not sure what's going on with it. I redeemed 2/5 yesterday but the claim button for it never goes away or moves on to 3/5. I have like 150 people added now (and 100+ more requests that I need to go through). Last night the game was taking a long time to load and occasionally crashing, I think because the FB module was having issues. Not sure if adding too many people ever becomes an issue, but I really want the friend points. Fucking PAL pulls refuse to give me Paul on this account.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Same issue with facebook here. Claimed reward #1 and #2, got the lapis, but the rewards page still has the claim button for #2. That facebook group has a lot of people complaining about the same issue, so it seems to just be a bug on the game's end. I'm still getting a bunch of gifts from the random facebook friends, so even if the lapis isn't working, it's worth adding as many as possible.

Tuconots
    Did like 20 friend pulls and just cannot get a thief to steal from colosseum. This damn Spiritsand is killing me.

Tuconots
    I've got Eldin for stealing but he's pretty damn fragile and tends to die before he gets to steal from all 3 mobs. Really need Paul at minimum, and preferably Zidane or Vaan. I'm going to be mad if I don't get one of those two when I hit 5k lapis and buy the 11 ticket pack. Really wish Earth Key 25 was accessible now, as I'd much rather just slot Steal onto someone like Lasswell.

Earth's Core is my nemesis at the moment. I've done about 50 runs at the awakening vortex on INT because that's where reddit said to get it, but I've only gotten one drop so far. Need it to upgrade Firion to 4*. I don't even want to know what it takes to 5* him. Already know I'm going to need a bunch of spiritsand for Lasswell and then Rain... ugh.

Edit: Not sure what to do now. I beat White Dragon with Edgar's poison and Firion's paralyze so I think that was the last of the available content for the moment. Need to get Siren and Ifrit leveled up so I can do 2* but that's a pretty insane grind when only blue/red magicite give more than a couple pixels of xp. For now I'm just running Catacomb exit over and over with 4* Lasswell + 4 1*'s (level and sell) + OP friend unit. It's the most efficient way to get rank xp from what I have read.
    Last edited by Vorph; 05-30-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I picked up the magicite bundle from the shop and maxed out my ifrit to unlock his rank 2 battle. It was rough, but I managed to beat him first try. Keeping him debuffed was a big deal. Power break and blind lowered his physical dps heavily, and having two units that could cast Cura was able to outheal his aoe fire nukes. His super hellfire attack at 20% killed off two of my guys, but the survivors held it down and finished him.

With rank 2 ifrit junctioned and murasame, my Lasswell has 245 ATK. He's such a beast!

Team I used to beat Ifrit R2:
    Terra 5* lvl 80 junctioned to Siren (used blind from Siren, or healed with aoe cura)
    Lasswell 5* lvl 73 junctioned to Ifrit (dps'ed with tranquility, dispelled ifrit's buffs using fingersnap)
    Russel 4* lvl 58 (armor break every round)
    Rain 4* lvl 47 (power break every round)
    Fran 4* lvl 56 (alternated between bio for dps, or aoe cura for healing)
    friend Bartz 5* lvl 80 junctioned to Ifrit (barrage every round for dps... I want a Bartz now)

Only thing left for me now is continue the arena grind (up to rank A4) and Siren rank 2 fight once she's leveled up.

Tuconots
    Did like 20 friend pulls and just cannot get a thief to steal from colosseum. This damn Spiritsand is killing me.
    I switched to running ADV instead of INT and just got 3 spiritsands in two runs. Got an Earth's Core too, so I'll be sticking to ADV from now on. INT is just a waste of fucking time/energy in my experience. 90+% of the time the results look like this:
    Spoiler: 

At least I can 5* Lasswell as soon as I get a couple more litrocks and ashes.

How are people spec'ing Siren? Ifrit is pretty much a no-brainer but Siren doesn't seem so obvious.
    Last edited by Vorph; 05-31-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    INT got me a lot more Sacred Crystals than ADV, but will try ADV for Heaven's Ash which I'm missing lots of.

Tuconots
    How are people spec'ing Siren? Ifrit is pretty much a no-brainer but Siren doesn't seem so obvious.
    From what I read, being able to apply debuffs is a big deal on a lot of boss fights, so I specced mine for blind and silence so far (she's still low'ish level). Dispell is really important and Siren can learn that, but Lasswell has that with fingersnap, and unless you whale out, you're probably using Lasswell for a while to cover buff removal duties. Shiva will be the esper of choice for your main magic user, so don't worry too much about trying to get a bunch of magic boosts on Siren. She's a utility esper, go with learning debuffs / buffs.

Songs seem kinda meh though. I tried some songs on the free bard unit, and looks like using a song skill will lock the unit into "singing" for 3 turns, which is horrible. If Siren's songs do the same thing, I'm going to avoid those.

Tuconots
    You only get like 1% of the espers stats transferred to the unit, so stat boosts are definitely just things you take on the way to useful skills/spells.

Blind and silence sound good, I don't have either on any of my current units.

Do you know how people are rating the app already? I've seen people saying it's possible once you've linked to FB, but when I try the Play store just says the game isn't available in my region. From what I understand you get lapis for doing it, plus I'd just like the nag window to go away for good.
    Last edited by Vorph; 05-31-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I got lapis for hitting yes to rate, even though I couldn't actually rate it due to region stuff. For it to go away, I imagine we have to wait for it to release globally so we can actually post a rating. It's definitely annoying asking after every other quest with no way to stop it.

Once your team can handle ifrit rank 2, that's the go to for farming rank experience. It's 500 rank exp per win for 15 energy, a ratio of around 33 xp per energy. Farming catacomb exit map is only about 26 exp per energy. A maxed out Exdeath or Bartz friend can carry most of the dps during R2 fight. Just land poison at least once to knock off ~40% of his health, and make sure your team can outheal and survive his aoe's. Blind helps a lot, and make sure to dispel (fingersnap) his boil buff immediately when he applies it.
    Last edited by Sinzar; 05-31-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Tuconots
    Ah, so maybe I already got the lapis and didn't realize it.

And yeah, I know Ifrit R2 is better for rank xp, but you pretty much have to buy the magicite to get a L30 Ifrit now (which I would consider doing, but I wasn't able to get it to let me buy the early bird pack last week). Farming it in game is terribly inefficient to the point that the game will probably be released before you start to profit from it. Fulan Pass explore isn't too bad either, rank xp is slightly worse than Catacombs Exit, but you get a lot more unit xp and a decent amount of white magicite.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    What's the word on farplane dew. It's the last thing I need to awaken Exdeath and it seems to be the worst to gather.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynth View Post
    What's the word on farplane dew. It's the last thing I need to awaken Exdeath and it seems to be the worst to gather.
    The biggest thing is I think we're way out of the scope of existing content. Once we get the other continent there should be a better spot for the Heavens Ash, Farplane Few, Spiritsand, etc... The beta at the moment just has such few content it hasn't taken long to bump against this wall.

Tuconots
    Ash isn't that bad, INT is probably best for farming it. Having to get 13 each for Rain and Lasswell does kind of suck if you have any other premium units that need it too though.

Farplane Dew, Spiritsand, Earth's Core, Talmonite of Life, God's Reliquary, etc. just do ADV and steal from colosseum. C-3 bears and chimeras, C-5 treants, B-1 footpads and thieves for dew.

Fake edit: Actually, I see that I have 10 dews so I must have gotten a fair amount from INT as well.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I've been thieving my way through the Colosseum with pretty good results. Other than my dailies, I have awakening vortex and Colosseum locked in. I've got a decent stockpile of everything but Farplane Dews. They hardly ever drop in anything we currently have access to. I've had maybe 8 total drop since I've started where everything else is around 20+.

Tuconots
    If anyone wants a thief I'm running Vaan as my leader. 264900637 if I'm not on your firends list

Tuconots
    This weekend is a magicite special event. Not much info on what exactly it involves, but it should be a good way to level espers, so take advantage when it begins.

Something to work on while playing is unlocking the various trophies (menu -> trophies to see them). Each trophy has a reward at the bronze, silver, and gold level. Most of the gold rewards are 500 lapis. There's also milestone rewards for completing 10, 20 and 30 trophies. Most are things you would unlock naturally during your playtime, such as use magic 10/100/1000 times, etc. Others though may need some work to unlock, like the crafting trophies.

I recommend you always have something being crafted in your equipment, ability, and item synethisis stations. I tend to craft staff or boomerang for equipment (3 lumber per), a shuriken for item (1 copper ore per), and the cure spell for abilities (3 light cryst, 1 alacryst, 1 life crystal). Lumber, copper ore, and life crystals you should have a ton of if you do any leveling through exploration maps. You buy alacrysts in village ability shops for 200 gil each. For light crysts, you can change your friend gift request to that for a day or two for a big supply.

A side benefit of crafting abilities is randomly when you craft an ability, you get a bonus drop of Fine Alacryst. These are used to craft magic keys to open those locked chests you find in the world, most of which have some unique recipes or gear.

If you find that you are running short of gil from all the crafting, do 5 friend summons. Put those 5 summoned level 1 units into a party then go into the advanced experience vortex dungeon. Make sure you can bring a 5* high level friend to carry the party. Best choices are Exdeath (firaga), Terra (firaga) or Bartz (barrage). They can 1-2 shot every wave super easily, though almost any level 80 5* unit can solo the advanced xp dungeon if they're junctioned to ifrit (you need fire nukes to kill the crystal mobs, they heavily resist physical hits).

A single run of the adv dungeon will cap out all your units to level 15. From there, you can either sell them for ~4500 gil each (so about 24,000 gil per 15 energy), or you can awaken all 5 to 2* to work on the awaken 60 units trophy. Then run the dungeon again to re-level your 5 fodder units, then just sell them for the gil. This also works towards the earn 1 million gil trophy.

For those of you working on or farming the ifrit rank 2 fight, you should know ifrit is classified as a beast. The were-bane mace from the colloseum has a hidden property of beast slaying on it (+50% beast damage). Be sure to give it to a heavy hitter on your team (Rain can use it if none of your rare summons can).

If you want free lapis from facebook friends, or you just want 400+ friends sending you gifts every day, you can facebook friend people from this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1781559938742212/ The lapis rewards are very glitchy, sometimes they won't let you claim them, but keep trying. Eventually it works and you get 1,000 free lapis. I've already unlocked the gold trophy for recieving 1000 gifts in just 2 days of joining that facebook group. The thousand+ friend points per day from gifts doesn't hurt either.

Tuconots
    Really hope the magicite event is good enough to hit 30 on both Siren and Ifrit this weekend.

Some of those trophies are ridiculous. 1000000 friend points received? Good luck. I've got less than 8k.

No idea how you already got the 1k gift trophy either. I've been in both groups (~400 friends) for about a week now and I've only received 271 gifts. I think there's more to the FB bugs than just the lapis rewards.
    Last edited by Vorph; 06-02-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Woops, I said I had the gold trophy, but 1000 gifts is actually silver, which is the one I have. Gold is 10k gifts, I have a ways to go for that one! Facebook friends are buggy too though. Sometimes I'll send out and receive gifts, then go to a new menu, notice I still have the notification about gifts, then when I go back I have more gifts from the same people, and can send them more as well. The whole facebook integration is a glitchy mess, but it's still very worth taking advantage of.

Tuconots
    I think a big part of the problem is there's no notification to tell you you can send gifts, so people do it like once a day and that's it. So whoever is in their first batch gets the gifts, and they never notice that it keeps refilling all day long since you might have 400 friends but can only send 25 or so gifts at any one time.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Finally hit a massive roadblock. Been cruising through colloseum no problems at all, then I reach the boss of rank S-5. That dude's no joke. Not sure my team can handle him with what I have available. I was wanting to save my summons for after release in case they do promotional rate-ups, but I also really want to keep progressing in colloseum. Think I'll do a few summons and hope for someone like Vaan, but I'm not gonna do more than like five. Incoming disappointment when I get a bunch of trash units.

Tuconots
    Is that Europa? Some one on the Reddit posted their strat and it wasn't too bad, but relied on specific pulls.

Tuconots
    Is that Europa? Some one on the Reddit posted their strat and it wasn't too bad, but relied on specific pulls.
    Yep, Europa, big spider mech. Saw the reddit post, but it relies on stuff I don't have access to (aoe thunder resist buff, high tier units that paralyze, etc). Did some summons, as expected I got all weak units that cap at 4*. Guess my colloseum adventures will have to go on hold until release!

Tuconots
    Finally got a 3* Paul from my 45th friend point pull. Good timing I guess, since I plan to hoard all my friend points from this weekend until the event on Monday that gives a chance at a bonus cactuar or gil snapper when you pull.

So far, not too impressed with this magicite event. Average from ADV seems to be ~2 plain magicite (300), 1 colored magicite (600, possibly 900 if lucky), and 2 colored megacites (1200, possibly 1800 if lucky). I've yet to see a single red or blue, just white, black, green, and orange, though that's probably just bad luck.

Anyway, I'm getting on average about 3600xp per 15 energy. That's going to take me about 700 energy to max out just Ifrit. The thread on reddit discussing how to farm rank xp while waiting for release estimates less than 500 energy needed to get Ifrit from 1 to 30 using the Earth Shrine exploration map.

TL;DR - Earth Shrine is about 350 esper xp per energy (for Ifrit). Small sample set of the event is putting it at about 240 esper xp per energy.
    Last edited by Vorph; 06-03-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    The event does feel like it's not the best source of xp. What I do like about it though is that I can go through 30 energy farming esper xp in about 2 minutes for a decent chunk of magicite. It's nice for clearing the energy bar in a hurry. Exploration zones are better for the evening when you can sit down and farm them for an hour or more.

I want to hit siren to rank 30, but I don't want to "waste" off-color magicite on her since it will be needed later to level other espers. Hopefully by the events end I'll have found enough blue.

Tuconots
    Are they keeping 5 min per energy? It occurred to me earlier this week that I was estimating time based on 3 min. Guess I'm just use to other games. I suppose its not a big deal now but once Dungeons start getting to higher costs it's really kills the enjoyment of playing. In comparison, before P&D went to 3 mins it just felt like I would get 2 descended runs then wait the rest of the day to play again which is what lead me to picking up other stuff. I just hate waiting 1 hour and 15 to do a 2 min vortex. It will probably work itself out after release with level appropriate exploration dungeons but right now I'm well over what we have out and they aren't worth the time.

Tuconots
    Rain couldn't finish it. Wiped the following turn. So close.......

Tuconots
    When can I download this without hacking my ipad so it thinks I'm in rapeland?

Tuconots
    After like 20+ orbs spent trying various strats, I've finally beaten Europa and finished rank S-5 colloseum. What a pain in the ass fight, just wow. Some misc tips from my many attempts. All of Europa's special attacks are lightning elemental, and Siren gives -50% lightning weakness, which is basically a death sentence if that unit is targetted by wave cannon, so unequip Siren before the fight. The item "Leather Shield" has a built-in +20% lightning resist, put this on as many units as possible that can wear shields. If you have a unit with built-in "Draw Attacks" trait, it's a good idea to just make them a tank bot by guarding them every round to soak up hits.

Status effects do work on the boss, but I found that using pure status skills (like just casting "Silence" or "Blind") isn't worth it because the boss has heavy status resistance, and a failed status will just waste that units turn for nothing. On the other hand, using attacks that have a built-in status are great, such as Blade Bash or Silence Blade. Speaking of Silence Blade, if you have a magic key from crafting, or you bought one with lapis, you can get the recipe to craft this skill from Latius Woods. It's a really great skill to stick on Rain and Lasswell and let them spam it for most of the fight.

I strongly recommend at least two aoe healers for this encounter. If your healers are red mage types with both heals and nukes, you may want to pass on the nuking to preserve MP for only healing. The boss has a ton of hp and is poison immune, so it's going to be a long drawn out encounter. My final tip is be ready to try the boss multiple times before winning. Sometimes RNG will just fuck you when he decides to wave cannon, plasma bolt, and critical attack the same unit in the same round, which will kill even a tanky 5* unit.

If you have Vaan for full break, or a unit that can cast Bar-Thundara for AoE lightning resist, you will have an easier time than I did!
    Last edited by Sinzar; 06-07-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangoth View Post
    When can I download this without hacking my ipad so it thinks I'm in rapeland?
    I'm not too familiar with IOS, but it can be downloaded legit from the swedish app store (it's still the "english" global version). Can't help you with instructions on how to go about doing that though!

Tuconots
    If you have Vaan for full break, or a unit that can cast Bar-Thundara for AoE lightning resist, you will have an easier time than I did!
    Is it possible to get a lightning megacryst now... Chamber of Creation ADV I guess? I've got three characters with L3+ Green magic.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Is it possible to get a lightning megacryst now... Chamber of Creation ADV I guess? I've got three characters with L3+ Green magic.
    I don't think we have access to megacrysts yet. At least that's what I've read on reddit. I know Kuja learns bar-thundara naturally, and the friend point green mage Mizell also learns it. Not sure who else, if anyone, has it in their natural spell list. I don't know how viable it would be to bring a 3 star unit to the fight though, considering the two 4 star units I had on the team were getting wrecked kinda hard. Units with magic break would be something else that should help mitigate his nukes.

Tuconots
    Ah, that sucks. Probably doesn't matter though, I doubt I have the healing to survive it even with barthundara. I only have 4* Edgar and 5* Firion for good units with 5* Rain and Lasswell, and my healer is just a shitty 3* Anastasis until we get Fina.

Don't really need the Remedy recipe so I think I'll just wait until after release to continue on, and just farm colo steals until then. S-4 seems like the last one with an actual useful reward anyway.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    After you beat beginner rank S-5 it unlocks intermediate rank and continues going with all new rewards. What I REALLY want is the intermediate D-4 reward, which is Ice Rod. We have a serious lack of caster weapons right now, but Ice Rod is a +26 magic rod with innate ice property and gives the wielder Blizzara in their spelllist. My Terra wants that...

Here's a page listing all the ranks of collosseum with the rewards: colosseum - FFBraveExvius

Tuconots
    I didn't realize INT colosseum was available yet. That said, I don't have any rod users and I kind of doubt I can beat Europa anyway.

I'm about to hit 5K lapis and I could pull some units and hope for the best, but I think it's smarter to just coast along and save the 11 tickets for a rate-up event post-release. I've seen too many people post their results to reddit with nothing but 4*-capped junk to show for it. Sucks that we probably aren't getting the 10 tickets for the final registration milestone.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    We need content seriously, damn thing needs to release already.

Tuconots
    Got thinking about that rod mentioned yesterday... are there any staves currently in the game that don't suck ass? I can't seem to find anything but the plain old "Staff".
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    The pretty sprites have worn off for me and now I'm judging the game just on its mechanics.

Its fine but the gatcha element being the characters is a concern. It's going to live or die based on how good and frequent it's events are and how big the rate ups are.

It's interesting how they are taking the opposite approach to FFRK and so far ignoring the best selling 7/8/10 and going for lesser known or spinoffs for events.

That tells me that crossovers will be rare and are being saved for new features (Lightning was the first 6* right? So I bet we will have Cloud as the first 8* when the game starts to get stale).

That doesn't fill me with confidence honestly.

Tuconots
    Patch Wednesday with new islands, new story content, new espers, etc. Should be the games official launch. Get ready!

Tuconots
    And Fina, that's the most important part to me. Being stuck with a 3* healer is really holding me back.

In case anyone else is wondering, you need the following to take her from 2* to 5*:

28 Pearl of Wisdom
    26 Aqua Pearl
    20 Esper Shard
    15 Esper Cryst
    11 Heaven's Ash
    8 Sacred Crystal
    3 Holy Crystal
    3 Talmonite of Life

All easy except maybe the Ash, but I believe there's a spot on island two (Murray Forest or something like that) where it can be farmed more efficiently than in Chamber of Awakening INT/ADV.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I have R2 Ifrit open, is it worth the effort to down him before maintenance or would it be way easier to wait? What am I really missing out on?

Tuconots
    There's another ring of skills to learn and all his best ones (Beast Slayer, Plant Slayer, Raging Fist) are located on that ring, so it's pretty important. I guess it depends on what units you have though. I have Edgar for poison and maxed 5* Firion, but I still doubt I could beat him before getting Fina.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynth View Post
    I have R2 Ifrit open, is it worth the effort to down him before maintenance or would it be way easier to wait? What am I really missing out on?
    It's worth doing it for the extra skills as Vorph said. He's also the highest source of rank exp available (currently). Do you have any 5* max level Vaan friends? If so, the fight is very easy with full break. The only things special you need to know is when he does Boil, it applies a +magic buff on himself. You have to remove it right away with something that can purge buffs (Lasswell learns fingersnap, that works). Other than that, he does a big AoE hellfire nuke at 20% life. You can use status spells like poison, silence, blind, etc to help as well.

Here's a video of me killing rank 2 ifrit with a Vaan friend. As you can see, full break makes him hit like a wet noodle and shreds his defenses at the same time.

Tuconots
    Got a bunch of Vaan friends and sure enough he wasn't much of a problem. Used Exdeath 72, who really didn't do much, Rain and Lasswell 65 who basically just auto attacked, max Maria and Fran who covered heals and bio. Dropped before I filled anyone's LB aside from Maria's.

Thread Information