Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2016-2017

Tuconots

College Football 2016-2017

Now that college basketball is over, figured it was time for the new college football thread.

And of course, I must reveal the latest running back studs that will be toting the rock for the Crimson Tide..

Spoiler: 

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Now that college basketball is over, figured it was time for the new college football thread.

And of course, I must reveal the latest running back studs that will be toting the rock for the Crimson Tide..

Spoiler: 
    I see another 2000 Yard Season

Banned
    Tuconots
    They ever replace Smart?

Tuconots
    They hired Jeremy Pruitt, who was the DC at Georgia - he's been a position coach at Alabama under Saban, and was the best option IMO to replace Kirby.

Tuconots
    Looking forward to a bounce-back year from Mizzou. Our offiense should improve with stability at our QB position. Sophomore starting that played the majority of last year as a true Freshman after our idiot starter got suspended repeatedly.

Our defense is tremendous, top 5 in the county, and it should remain that way. Our offense was SO bad last year, that if we had simply been only inept enough to finish ranked 100th(out of the 125 or whatever D1 schools) in offense (scoring 14 ppg) that would have been good enough for Mizzou to have a 10-2 record. We held 10 of our 12 opponents under 14 points, yet still managed to have a losing record because our offense was historically atrocious. It just simply can't possibly be that bad again.

edit - and to add some good old fashion shit-talking, here's a pic from the kansas Spring Game over the weekend
    Last edited by joeboo; 04-11-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Tuconots
    This year, OU will be place in the top 5/10 of all preseason polls and I seriously doubt the defense will be good enough to deliver on those rankings. The offense will be fine, though. I'm not looking forward to the press this year of OU underachieving.

Tuconots
    This is finally the year Texas takes its first step back to greatness!

By firing Charlie Strong at the end of the season...
    Last edited by Foggy; 04-12-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Tuconots
    Looking forward to seeing how Louisville QB Lamar Jackson does. Supposedly is making progression reads since he now has time to learn the playbook and not get thrown to the wolves. Went to one of the practices and he slings 40yd rocks like it is nothing. Add that to his sub 4.4 40 and you have a scary talent. Just hope it translates to real game. He's a dark horse pre-season Heisman candidate already

Tuconots
    Vols are coming bitches.

Tuconots
    Have you guys checked out Notre Dame's stadium renovations? Clearly this will help, right?

Campus Crossroads Project // University of Notre Dame
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    That video makes me want to punch a ND fan in the face.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    That video makes me want to punch a ND fan in the face.
    I believe there's a club you can join for that.
    I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    JT Barrett = Heisman

Tuconots
    Curious how Will Grier will do in our offense minus the roids.

Country roads bitches
    "With all due respect, everybody seen how we hit that boy in that black and yellow, they don't throw him any flags. I mean everything's legal with Mr. Ben, but you get close to those guys who sell those tickets. You get too close to them and they like, "Hey!". ---Terrell Suggs

Tuconots
    In ATM news, Sumlin choose Trevor Knight as their starting QB. You might remember him as the incumbent QB for OU that Baker Mayfield beat out for the starting job last spring. He came in for the second half of the TCU game after Mayfield got concussed and proceeded to fuck up enough to almost lose the game and cost us a shot at the playoffs.

He will be an unstoppable force in the SEC.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by OUAriakas View Post
    ...He will be an unstoppable force in the SEC.
    QB play in the SEC could be at an all time low in this upcoming season

Bama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Miss St, and A&M all lost their starting QBs from last year. Mizzou, LSU, Vandy, South Carolina will probably all start a QB that wasn't very good last year, hoping they improve greatly this year.

Really only Ole Miss(Kelly) and Tennessee(Dobbs) have a returning, good QB. Maybe Georgia too(although they might be starting a true Freshman instead)

Tuconots
    Baylor didn't investigate sex assault claim against football players for more than two years, Outside the Lines

Baylor has to be the biggest collection of absolute scum ever. Everybody from the administration down to the players are pure pieces of shit.

Tuconots
    But hey, at least they haven't murdered anyone(lately)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by OUAriakas View Post
    In ATM news, Sumlin choose Trevor Knight as their starting QB. You might remember him as the incumbent QB for OU that Baker Mayfield beat out for the starting job last spring. He came in for the second half of the TCU game after Mayfield got concussed and proceeded to fuck up enough to almost lose the game and cost us a shot at the playoffs.

He will be an unstoppable force in the SEC.
    All I remember about Trevor Knight is:

And then he waited like 4 months to follow up with her.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Ohio state just announced that the spring game is sold out. Over 100k for a practice. Not sure if proud or embarrassed.

Tuconots
    Ohio is so shitty a practice game is the best thing to do.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadaas View Post
    Ohio state just announced that the spring game is sold out. Over 100k for a practice. Not sure if proud or embarrassed.
    It was bullshit anyway. They showed a high shot during the 1st half and it was about 2/3 full, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    i didnt think the comments in this thread could get any dumber, but apparently there is no bottom.

Tuconots
    Look: Crowd shots, attendance numbers for every SEC spring game

School Attendance
    Georgia 93,000
    Alabama 76,212
    Tennessee 67,027
    Florida 46,000
    Auburn 45,723
    South Carolina 32,916
    Kentucky 28,441
    Texas A&M 27,412
    Missouri 24,473
    LSU 21,000
    Mississippi State 15,717
    Vanderbilt Est. 3,500

Baseball game at LSU normally has close to 50% of what spring football has across the street, until they changed the schedule.

Jordan Jefferson giving advice at today's spring game. /puke

Last edited by Borzak; 04-17-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Tuconots
    Here's a picture from a sold-out spring game. This is SEC sold out, btw, and not Big 10 pretender sold out.

IMAG0379.jpg

Tuconots
    The internet has really put a dent in the spring game much like signing day. Signing day used to draw thousands to a big party where they covered them all, the internet almost kill that off entirely.

Tuconots
    Notre Dame sold out their Blue and Gold game yesterday. It was a right pain in the ass to get around town, I can tell you.
    I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzak View Post
    Look: Crowd shots, attendance numbers for every SEC spring game

School Attendance
    Georgia 93,000
    Alabama 76,212
    Tennessee 67,027
    Florida 46,000
    Auburn 45,723
    South Carolina 32,916
    Kentucky 28,441
    Texas A&M 27,412
    Missouri 24,473
    LSU 21,000
    Mississippi State 15,717
    Vanderbilt Est. 3,500

Baseball game at LSU normally has close to 50% of what spring football has across the street, until they changed the schedule.

Jordan Jefferson giving advice at today's spring game. /puke
    Those UK numbers are stupidly over-inflated by 2-3x fold. Had a few friends go to it and said they would say it was more like 7-8k tops. If it had those numbers, the lower bowl would've been filled (and isn't even a third full per their 60k capacity). Louisville's numbers are also over-inflated too, but I don't think by that much (maybe 2k less than stated).

spring-crowd.jpg

Louisville's isn't great either, i'D say around 15,000 or so (advertised around 16,500)...

Bk-nfTvCcAAYS8R.jpg
    Last edited by Lost Virtue; 04-17-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    Marvel Heroes - LostVirtue
    Playstation Network ID - LostVirtue

Tuconots
    Yeah, now that I go looking, looks like Notre Dame's "sold out" crowd about half filled the stadium. Whatever happened, it was a metric fuck tonne of cars in town.

I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    Do they even sell tickets for the spring game? I got tickets as part of my TAF package each year for the "donation" which is required for season tickets, suites, parking pass etc...I'm guessing that's where a lot of the figures come from. Not actual attendance. I got 2-8 tickets every year and never went.

Tuconots
    UGA's is free, general admin for everything but the club seats and boxes.

Tuconots
    Louisville's is free too. Awesome thing is, it is $2 beers for the game too! Can't beat that!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamel View Post
    Vols are coming bitches.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FloridaTennessee_football_rivalry

Tuconots
    Texas had a Qb throw for a TD in the spring game for the first time in 2 years. That was pretty neat.

Tuconots
    Do they even sell tickets for the spring game? I got tickets as part of my TAF package each year for the "donation" which is required for season tickets, suites, parking pass etc...I'm guessing that's where a lot of the figures come from. Not actual attendance. I got 2-8 tickets every year and never went.
    OSU's ticket price is nominal. Either $5 or $10 I can't recall. The weather on Saturday in Columbus was also flawless which I'm sure helped get people to go out. But I'm sure a bunch of people would just file in/file out so it was never really at capacity. Its just a practice no need to be there on time and no need to stay the entire time.

Tuconots
    Mizzou charges like $5 with kids 12 and under free, and it all goes to some random charity. I used to go to the Spring game every year until about 3-4 years ago when they started steaming it online. It's a horribly boring experience, it's basically just an excuse to check in with your tailgating buddies halfway through the offseason, and discuss tailgating plans for the upcoming season.

Tuconots
    I CAN SMELL THE FEAR REGIME. IT'S LIKE A SHITTY COLOGNE.

Tuconots
    Did someone say Tennessee?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsAmmataU View Post
    Here's a picture from a sold-out spring game. This is SEC sold out, btw, and not Big 10 pretender sold out.
    Rofl so also UGA to get this great sold out day for something they don't even sell they had to pay Ludacris $65,000 for a 15 minute concert and also fulfill some of his asinine requests

Ludacris' UGA spring game concert rider included alcohol, condoms - CBSSports.com

Tuconots
    #93kDay was happening with or without Luda. UGA did something nice for the fans who did show out just cuzz. Why so salty little buddy?

Tuconots
    You think chicken wings, condoms, and vodka are asinine requests for a rapper? I can't think of anything more standard. Other shit on his list is stuff I ask the hotel concierge for when traveling.

Tuconots
    Anything to try and remove the taint of Brian Schottenheimer. Jesus, still cant believe UGA went there.

Watching his offenses fail time and time again in the NFL I guess wasn't prophetic enough.
    "With all due respect, everybody seen how we hit that boy in that black and yellow, they don't throw him any flags. I mean everything's legal with Mr. Ben, but you get close to those guys who sell those tickets. You get too close to them and they like, "Hey!". ---Terrell Suggs

Tuconots
    LSU's ex AD was on the radio today giving an interview and went on a 10 minute make fun of Starkville deal.

While in Starkville a tornado hit and we had to shelter in the basketball stadium and it went right thru Starkville and did $2.5 million of improvements.

You can't make fun of Starkville, at Jr. Probm they have mandated day care.

I went to Starkville when Ron Polk was retiring (their baseball coach) and he showed me his house and was proud of his sunken basement. I had to tell him it was because the tire was flat.

Starkville, old indian word for trailer park.

The first trip their on the team plane the pilot said "Welcome to Starkville, remember to set your watch back 20 years".

NASA has been studying why there is no atmosphere in Starkville.

"My first time to go play in Starkville we took a team bus. It was during mid-term exams so all the players brought their books to study on the long drive there.
    As we crossed the state line into Mississippi a Mississippi state trooper stopped us and charged us with trying to smuggle books into Mississippi.
    We were able to get the charges dropped because no judge in Mississippi had ever seen a book before.....

What has 3 teeth and 4 legs? A couple walking down the street in Starkville.

The difference between Starkville and a cup of yogurt is that the yogurt actually has a living culture in it.

When Ron Polk retired he told me he was having trouble selling his house. We duh.

Was pretty entertaining.

Tuconots
    Just another day in the cesspool known as Baylor:

Baylor's a mess. | FOX Sports
    Last edited by Foggy; 04-25-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Tuconots
    Just another day in the cesspool known as Baylor:

Baylor's a mess. | FOX Sports
    Wow. So in the absence of the school doing anything about it, should NCAA sports do something about it? Tough call. Don't want the sports league policing schools, but if the schools are not policing themselves, what's necessary?
    I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    Pretty sure the school needs investigated by the government as well as the NCAA for violations. NCAA might actually do it.

Tuconots
    It all comes full circle now

Dinardo on the right for those that don't know.

Tuconots
    Ruh roh... Likely very minor, but still. I have faith in Saban in dealing with this if true. Alabama and possible recruiting violations

https://alabama.n.rivals.com/news/bo...ing-violations
    Last edited by Lost Virtue; 04-29-2016 at 01:04 AM.

Tuconots
    Sounds like Ole Miss is in real trouble. Coach giving money to a player to pay his mothers bills.

Tuconots
    *whistles innocently*

Tuconots
    Sounds like Ole Miss is in real trouble. Coach giving money to a player to pay his mothers bills.
    Yup, with their current LOA and now this, going to be fun to watch what happens.

Tuconots
    Shep Smith on Fox News is really trying to cover for Ole Miss. In his "reporting" he said the guy went to LSU. Way to cover up for your school dipshit.

Tuconots
    Shep Smith on Fox News is really trying to cover for Ole Miss. In his "reporting" he said the guy went to LSU. Way to cover up for your school dipshit.
    They ('Around the Horn' panel) also said getting money is not a big deal. While I agree, it seems if its a SEC school, no big deal, everyone else should get a 10yr postseason ban! ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, Mike Wilbon says since the whole SEC has been accused of some form of cheating that Ole Miss should just get a slap on the wrist.

Tuconots
    Gonna go out on a limb that the money wasn't to pay the electric bill of his mother either.

Les Miles getting ready for unlimited text to recruits.

LSU Football - Here Come the Tigers on Vimeo

Tuconots
    Wow... If this is true, they need to stop trying to get the statue back up and fucking melt it.

Court Opinion Reveals Joe Paterno Reportedly Knew Of Jerry Sandusky Molesting Children As Early As 1976
    http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-re...ium=socialflow

Tuconots
    So people sueing penn state are the ones that are the facts behind the judges opinion. Yet those same people didn't report it then to authorities nor to the DA during the trial. Sounds ligit. Sounds like people are cashing in on a payday. Seeing how Penn state on average paid out 25 million a person with little to no evidence I don't fault anyone saying they got diddled when they didn't.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Rais View Post
    So people sueing penn state are the ones that are the facts behind the judges opinion. Yet those same people didn't report it then to authorities nor to the DA during the trial. Sounds ligit. Sounds like people are cashing in on a payday. Seeing how Penn state on average paid out 25 million a person with little to no evidence I don't fault anyone saying they got diddled when they didn't.
    Valid point

Tuconots

Aren't you PSU? Get a payday bro.

Tuconots
    I heard that story on the radio yesterday. What a flaming retard lol.

Tuconots
    Never followed the Sandusky thing. What made him so valuable that people could look the other way for so long? I don't condone it, but I could somewhat see what would motivate people to look the other way if a person was key to whatever. I don't think he was, was he?

Tuconots
    Pretty sure PSU has paid out $90 million over more than 30 settlements (I think the number is around 60 settlements now). Not sure if that's PSU math or what, but that's not $25 million per person. The current lawsuit is PSU trying to make their insurance foot the bill as well; if they win, they will have paid out nothing!

Tuconots
    Ya that's the entire thing. There is a small handful that have the majority of the hand out cash, but there are a lot of those settling for a lot less just to get it done quickly and without any lawsuits aka proof. So the pussies who caved into Freeh report are still doing the pussy shit and rolling over and saying ok, and putting it all on the insurance company. Now the insurance company is telling Penn State to fuck off, you caused this mess and now we will even use hearsay from 40 years ago to fuck you in return. Now that "report" is saying 6 coaches witnessed this shit? Even FSU couldn't cover that shit up if it happened. I think after the "Millions of millions of email and papers" looked at by Freeh, and the investigation by the state and feds found nothing about this, it's a good clue that some of this is pure money grabbing.

I tend to believe when Joe said he didn't know, but in hindsight there could have been more done in reference to the incident where Mike McQueary couldn't make up his mind on what he did or didn't see. The idea that Joe would let his grand children at this dude's house alone with him makes no sense, and that tells me that he didn't know or he was just so mentally so old that he had no clue even in the 80s.

as example
    victim-settlement-agreement.pdf - Google Drive

Tuconots
    Will anything happen to Ole Piss.

Ole Miss Rebels officials confirm Laremy Tunsil text messages but checking for alterations

Ole Miss officials have determined that a text message conversation published to Miami Dolphins rookie Laremy Tunsil's Instagram account during the NFL draft did happen last year, sources told ESPN's Outside the Lines, but the school is still looking into whether the messages were altered before they were published.

Tuconots
    Interesting... Didn't expect their own officials to actually admit the messages were real. Doubt anything will really happen to Ole Piss though. They'll get a good ole' slap on the wrist.

Tuconots
    Well they left open it had been tampered with.

Tuconots
    Mike the Tiger has cancer

Last edited by Borzak; 05-23-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Tuconots
    Mike VII on the way!

Tuconots
    It will be a complete joke if they don't fire Briles. Firing the President is admitting fault.

Tuconots
    I agree... If Briles isn't fired then something is seriously messed up. Basically would be demonstrating that college sports is above the law at universities (which of course we know already, but moreso solidifies it at a national level). Even more hilarious if everything is indeed true and this is occurring at a religiously-based university than it would be some nice hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Lost Virtue; 05-24-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Tuconots
    From the SEC tournament this week.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Virtue View Post
    I agree... If Briles isn't fired then something is seriously messed up. Basically would be demonstrating that college sports is above the law at universities (which of course we know already, but moreso solidifies it at a national level). Even more hilarious if everything is indeed true and this is occurring at a religiously-based university than it would be some nice hypocrisy.
    Joe Paterno covered for a serial child molester for 30 years. Tennessee is providing alumni lawyers to its players in advance of the investigation into its school sponsored rape ring. Stop being surprised.

Tuconots
    Briles fired. Good first step Baylor.

Tuconots
    Briles fired. Good first step Baylor.
    It took waaaay to long and waaaay to much public scrutiny before they did the right thing, but I'm glad they did.

It will also make the coming destruction of Texas on Oct 29 with a first year head coach that much sweeter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laedrun View Post
    Europeans have become pandas who won't fuck to save their own species.

Tuconots
    Nooooooooooope. Back to the basement from whence you came!

Seriously though, I hope Baylor does not go back to the dark ages. They need to be good for the health of the league.

Tuconots
    Seriously though, I hope Baylor does not go back to the dark ages. They need to be good for the health of the league.
    Where is Foggy and what have you done with him?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    Where is Foggy and what have you done with him?
    Right? Next he'll tell us that he is recommending A&M and OU as good school choices for his nieces/nephews.
    Draegan's bitch ass sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    I don't have much an issue with OU. I have fucked many a hot girl that went to school there.

I will disown and probably just murder any family members that choose A&M. Baylor fans still suck, don't get me wrong. It helps that they are about to suck again despite my kind words.

Tuconots
    Tom Herman is going to look fantastic in green and gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laedrun View Post
    Europeans have become pandas who won't fuck to save their own species.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaines View Post
    Lol, he isn't dumb enough to step into that dumpster fire. I'm curious whether Baylor goes interim for a year and then looks for a new coach at the end of next season.

Tuconots
    Could they also be looking at punishment from the NCAA at this point? I honestly don't know in this case.

Tuconots
    They have bigger things to worry about. They just admitted to Title IX violations.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaines View Post
    [Under Construction]

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by jooka View Post
    Could they also be looking at punishment from the NCAA at this point? I honestly don't know in this case.
    Likely not as I don't see where the ncaa would be involved. Ncaa doesn't have really any morality rules or any rules based on legal violations. This will really only involve legal matters.

Tuconots
    The PH report also included parts about improper benefits to football players. There is more than enough for the NCAA to get involved. The NCAA got involved with PSU and that was the same basic conduct, covering up/turning a blind eye to terrible criminal conduct.

Tuconots
    Main reason I was asking is good luck finding a decent head coach if they do. Program probably goes to shit either way but NCAA getting involved would likely destroy them for quite sometime

Tuconots
    NCAA has no standing to do anything, and that is why the PSU punishments was later "ended early" due to lawsuits pending challenging their extortion. Of course the school can try and play the PR game and be as retarded as the PSU board and just accept anything thrown their way without any proof.

I would hope the NCAA would be able to snuff shit like this out. The NCAA even refused to deal with NC after it was shown, proven and admitted by the college that they held fake classes for athletes. Their response was that NC should fix it, but won't be investigated. How the fuck does that happen when the scholastic standing of students and keeping everything on the up and up is their keystone to the entire process? They are in it for the money, that's it.
    Last edited by Rais; 05-28-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Tuconots
    Mike the Tiger got cards and flowers from the Arkansas pig (whatever his name is, Bevo at UT and Reville from A&M. I learned UGA has diabetes as well.

Tuconots
    Tusk, I think it's his name still.

Tuconots
    I couldn't remember. I saw the card last week.

I guess LSU is really starting up a search on a replacement. The guys who built the current trailer used to move Mike around were asked to build another and have it ready soon. Dunno what the plan is.

Bevo should have sent steaks....just saying.

He's having his treatments at the Mary Bird Perkins cancer center, not the vet school on campus. Would be funny if he woke up about then.

Last edited by Borzak; 05-28-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Tuconots
    Damn

Tuconots
    Seems like Baylor is doing the right things, forced out the AD today and got a coach that could seemingly right the ship. They also hired a law firm last week in hopes the NCAA doesn't come in on them as well.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by jooka View Post
    Seems like Baylor is doing the right things, forced out the AD today and got a coach that could seemingly right the ship. They also hired a law firm last week in hopes the NCAA doesn't come in on them as well.
    Yeah, had a coach that brought them to a national level, but he did crappy things, so out he goes. My respect to Baylor.
    I'm a douche though

Tuconots
    Apparently Baylor is not letting recruits get out of their LOIs. What a PR shitstorm that is soon to follow

Tuconots

Tuconots
    So OU will be in the SEC by 2020?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Regime View Post
    So OU will be in the SEC by 2020?
    We'd be there already if it were up to me and all the other OU alumni I know.

Tuconots
    All of Briles staff to remain. LOL Baylor, such fucking idiots.

Tuconots
    All of Briles staff to remain. LOL Baylor, such fucking idiots.
    Yep Art Briles did it all the rape cover ups himself! He just wasnt the guy to get blamed for staffers being insane people. I am sure they were brought in to Art's office individually and he told them to make sure every woman in North Texas gets a nice sexual assault. HEEYAW LETS GET THOSE DARKIES BREEDING AMIRIGHT?

FUCK YEAHHHHHHH

P.S looking at that fucking video I really think I missed out being in a bar in the 90s.
    Last edited by radditsu; 06-05-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Thread Information