Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightly Movie Thread

Tuconots

Nightly Movie Thread

Since this forum consumes a lot of movies lets get a nightly movie recommendation thread going.

Just post whatever you just watched ,and you can either do a brief review, OR just post if you liked it or disliked it.

Can be any movie ,as well as stuff that is being torrented.

Be a good resource for people hunting movies at night to find new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I saw Heavy Metal a couple of nights ago on one of the cable channels for the first time in years. It's cheesy at times but still an absolute classic even though it was censored. Growing up as an 80's D&D kid and later a bit of a stoner that movie serves as a real touchstone to bygone days.

Sucks at being a grammer Nazi. etchazz's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Just watched "Zodiac" again tonight. I really like this movie. Hadn't seen it in a few years, but I think it's just a compelling movie and also makes me wonder how any murders ever got solved back in that era. Police forces were just completely inept.

Tuconots
    Watched "Z for Zachariah" Tonight. It's a post nuke film about a couple survivors.

Wasn't that great. About a C+
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Tried to watch that Point Break remake. It's so fucking awful I turned it off half way through. It makes the writing on The Walking Dead look like GOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface
    Marriage is the best, I love having sex with my husband and giving him BJ's when I'm on my period

Tuconots
    Sometimes I get the urge to find poor quality horror movies (awful acting, but decent violence and rediculous story, etc) scrolled past Trollhunter on Netflix, figured great, awesome B-level monster movie out of Norway...

This movie was beyond satisfying and blew my expectations out of the water with just pure win and makes me wish I didn't ignore it when I've seen it in the past. Was a found footage type movie, but it was a comedic mix of Cloverfield and Blair Witch, without the motion sickness(for me anyway) and maybe some others. I recommend it for anyone who just is looking for something out of left field, especially if you liked Cabin in the Woods or Dead Snow.

It also ended up higher than I expected on RT as well Trollhunter(2011) - Rotten Tomatoes
    Last edited by Tarisk; 04-05-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Tuconots
    anyone watched Sisters (Fay/Pohler), good date night movie or not?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by spronk View Post
    I tried but couldn't make it through it.

In the Heart of the Sea - Decent but didn't really capture my attention. C+
    Rush - If you like formula 1 racing I'd recommend it. B+
    You can tell both these flicks are Ron Howard products right away.

Fighter of the Nightman Furious's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I just watched a doc called Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father. Very good movie about how we treat our loved ones. Some parts made my wife sad.
    "Woman have the right to understand that they are not to be treated as though they are not understood by those who have great understanding of things like these" -Hillary Clinton

Tuconots
    Watched the New Vacation tonight, had some funny parts notably with the Sunny in Philly cast

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarisk View Post
    Sometimes I get the urge to find poor quality horror movies (awful acting, but decent violence and rediculous story, etc) scrolled past Trollhunter on Netflix, figured great, awesome B-level monster movie out of Norway...

This movie was beyond satisfying and blew my expectations out of the water with just pure win and makes me wish I didn't ignore it when I've seen it in the past. Was a found footage type movie, but it was a comedic mix of Cloverfield and Blair Witch, without the motion sickness(for me anyway) and maybe some others. I recommend it for anyone who just is looking for something out of left field, especially if you liked Cabin in the Woods or Dead Snow.

It also ended up higher than I expected on RT as well Trollhunter(2011) - Rotten Tomatoes
    I've actually seen that movies a couple of times. I agree, way better than expected.

Tuconots
    Southbound_poster.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb
    Southbound(2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

I think someone on this forum recommended this, or maybe it was somewhere else, who knows. It's a horror anthology and I'm a sucker for horror anthologies. It also has a really strong Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's nothing special, your basic low budget multi-story horror movie. 5 segments, I thought 1 was pretty good, the rest average to not so great. Some questionable acting and effects but nothing terrible if you're used to watching low budget horror. If you're a fan of horror anthologies and have already seen all the great ones you might get some enjoyment out of this.

Tuconots
    Trollhunter was awesome. The bridge troll scene alone is worth it. We had my niece and nephew(8 and 5) convinced for a week that it was a real documentary.

If you really want shitty horror watch Intermedio. If you wanted to know what Ed Furlong(Terminator 2) did for drug money after Detroit Rock City here's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    Watched a movie called Side Effects last night. Was very good, Recommended.

Side Effects (2013) - IMDb

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by HUH View Post
    Southbound_poster.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb

I think someone on this forum recommended this, or maybe it was somewhere else, who knows. It's a horror anthology and I'm a sucker for horror anthologies. It also has a really strong Rotten Tomatoes score.

It's nothing special, your basic low budget multi-story horror movie. 5 segments, I thought 1 was pretty good, the rest average to not so great. Some questionable acting and effects but nothing terrible if you're used to watching low budget horror. If you're a fan of horror anthologies and have already seen all the great ones you might get some enjoyment out of this.
    I highly suggest The Changeling. George C Scott. It's also free on youtube. One of the best horror films ever made.

The Changeling -- 1980 Classic Ghost Story (High Quality Version) - YouTube

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnayan View Post
    I highly suggest The Changeling. George C Scott. It's also free on youtube. One of the best horror films ever made.

The Changeling -- 1980 Classic Ghost Story (High Quality Version) - YouTube
    Changeling was one of my favorite horror movies growing up. My parents didn't give a shit what I watched, combined with a video rental store near by that rented old release movies for a buck resulted in me watching a shit ton of horror movies when I was just a kid. Changeling was one of the few that stuck with me.

The Final Girls (2015) - IMDb

It's a PG-13 rated parody (satire? homage?) of a genre that is known for its hard R ratings. I mean most slasher flicks are nothing more than an excuse to show boobs and blood so you kinda have to go in with lower expectations. It's more meta comedy than anything. It's entertaining, and a cool concept but the final act kind of sucks. Watch Cabin in the Woods instead.

"AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Watched Schindler's List last night. Usually watch it once a year.

You know how it goes.
    Sup, Monica. Don't forget to register at re rerolled

Tuconots
    just saw antman on showtime good movie i like it, give it a shoot.

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.

Thomas Jefferson

Tuconots
    Just finished watching The trust with Nick Cage, and Elijah Wood.

Very good Heist movie. Nick is great when acting insane.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Barraco Bisi View Post
    Watched Schindler's List last night. Usually watch it once a year.

You know how it goes.
    I watched that in the theater when it was released. Could never bring myself to watch it again. I'm kinda like that with all holocaust movies. Schindler's List, The Pianist, Life is Beautiful, they're all awesome movies, but it's just hard to watch people treat other human beings like that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by HUH View Post
    Southbound_poster.jpg

Southbound (2015) - IMDb

Watched this last night with my wife. This movie was hilarious. One of the stories with the guy in the hospital...

Spoiler: 
    "What do I do now??????" "Compress the lung" "WHAT!?"

Lol wtf. Oh ok that sounds like sound medical advice!

Tuconots
    after schindler's list you should watch this

and yes, iron sky 2 is coming this year
    IRON SKY 2 Trailer (2016) - YouTube

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by etchazz View Post
    I watched that in the theater when it was released. Could never bring myself to watch it again. I'm kinda like that with all holocaust movies. Schindler's List, The Pianist, Life is Beautiful, they're all awesome movies, but it's just hard to watch people treat other human beings like that.
    I feel the same way except that with Band of Brothers "Why We Fight" episode. It's so fucking powerful I can't help but watch that every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface
    Marriage is the best, I love having sex with my husband and giving him BJ's when I'm on my period

Tuconots
    I re watched "The Witch" last night after listening to a pod cast with the director explaining every nuance of the film.

Enjoyed it much better the second viewing.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Abefroman View Post
    I feel the same way except that with Band of Brothers "Why We Fight" episode. It's so fucking powerful I can't help but watch that every now and then.
    So many of the band of brother episodes are powerful as fuck, it's nuts. I don't think the pacific could quite elicit the same emotions as I got with brothers - you guys are smart, why didn't it hit those notes? I just rewatched band of brothers a few weeks ago so gonna start in on some pacific now and see if I can figure it out.

edit: i actually gotta say, between band of brothers and the pacific it's amazing seeing how our young college folks are now adays. Their kids may have ass fucked us but you gotta give up something to the greatest generation.
    Last edited by Kiroy; 04-10-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Tuconots
    Just watched Hit man: Agent 47 tonight. Holy shit might be one of the worst movies of all time. It's a complete and total ripoff of Terminator 1, Terminator 2, and The Matrix. The only saving grace for this movie was the main chick was hot. Other than that, even for a brainless action flick, it was fucking bad. I think it may have actually been just an hour and a half ad for Audi.

Tuconots
    Late to the party, but I finally got around to watching 'John Wick' on the weekend.

Great solid action movie!

Lesson learned: Never mess with someone's dog.

Tuconots
    Watched Krampus last night was pretty mediocre. Still wasn't terrible tho.

We also rewatched " The Mist" the Thomas Jane version. That is one wonderful film even if I knew the twist.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Column View Post
    Watched Krampus last night was pretty mediocre. Still wasn't terrible tho.

We also rewatched " The Mist" the Thomas Jane version. That is one wonderful film even if I knew the twist.
    "The Mist" wasn't a very good movie at all. If it weren't for how incredible the ending is, no one would even talk about that film.

Tuconots
    The Mist" wasn't a very good movie at all. If it weren't for how incredible the ending is, no one would even talk about that film.
    Seems like a pretty ignorant thing to say considering it's a film that builds you up for the twist at the end. So if the end paid off then what exactly is the criticism?

Anyway lots of people love that film.

Tuconots
    Seems like a pretty ignorant thing to say considering it's a film that builds you up for the twist at the end. So if the end paid off then what exactly is the criticism?

Anyway lots of people love that film.
    The special effects while they were in the grocery store are worse than what you would see on the Scy Fy channel. It's also a typical Stephen King horror story where every actor portrays a stereotypical, cliche, stock character. There is nothing really exceptional about the movie except for the ending.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by etchazz View Post
    The special effects while they were in the grocery store are worse than what you would see on the Scy Fy channel. It's also a typical Stephen King horror story where every actor portrays a stereotypical, cliche, stock character. There is nothing really exceptional about the movie except for the ending.
    You mean like the Rich Black lawyer, or the Movie poster artist who lives in a small town..

The movie was made almost a decade ago, and the special effects aren't that bad. Just sounds like you hate Stephen king,and has nothing to do with this movie.

You are pretty much saying you enjoyed the punchline, but hate the joke....
    Last edited by Column; 04-19-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Tuconots
    Better Nate than lever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots

+1 for Trollhunter. Movie is so good.

Tuconots
    I thought Sisters was pretty good. But I'm also a big fan of both Fay and Poehler.

Tuconots
    Took the family to Jungle Book yesterday. Good for the kids, but I got to be honest I slept through half of it.

Not indicative of a bad movie because it has a high production rate, I just wasn't into it.

Hoping to watch Risen tonight tho. Seems interesting

Tuconots

The Invitation (2015) - IMDb
    IMDB - 6.9
    Rotten Tomatoes - 90%
    META - 78%

Guy goes to dinner party being held by some old friends he hasn't seen for a few years. Throw in some 'not everything is as it seems' suspense. Staring Tom Hardy lite and Daario from GoT.

Strong reviews and a lot of hype, but I found it boring and predictable. When things actually start happening it's too little and too late. Maybe I was expecting too much since it was getting a lot of praise, or maybe I wasn't in the right mindset for a movie like this but it did nothing for me.

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Just finished watching The Godfather Epic on HBO; parts 1 & 2 recut and merged into chronological order with additional scenes added. Seven hours worth.

Tuconots
    I re watched "The Witch" last night after listening to a pod cast with the director explaining every nuance of the film.

Enjoyed it much better the second viewing.
    What podcast was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

Tuconots
    I want to say it was HumanSide, but not sure since I subscribe to like 8 film review podcasts.

I plan to watch Heartless tonight since I've never seen it. Seems interesting

Tuconots
    watched I am Wrath starring John Travolta tonight. Not good, but not the worst I guess. Sort of like John Wick, if Wick was a really, really shitty hitman who more or less relied on luck to not die and never thought about the consequences of anything he does. Travolta was terribly miscast since he has the acting range of a spoon, but the rest of the cast was good. Its right up your alley if you like 80s Seagal type action movies.

Woulda probably been a lot better if Arnie or Stallone played the main character.

Tuconots
    I want to say it was HumanSide, but not sure since I subscribe to like 8 film review podcasts.

I plan to watch Heartless tonight since I've never seen it. Seems interesting
    I will check that out, the only movie podcast I really subscribe to is How Did This Get Made.

I saw The Witch yesterday and I really liked it. It felt like it had layers that I was missing as my wife and kids annoyed the shit out of me.

Tuconots
    watched I am Wrath starring John Travolta tonight. Not good, but not the worst I guess. Sort of like John Wick, if Wick was a really, really shitty hitman who more or less relied on luck to not die and never thought about the consequences of anything he does. Travolta was terribly miscast since he has the acting range of a spoon, but the rest of the cast was good. Its right up your alley if you like 80s Seagal type action movies.

Woulda probably been a lot better if Arnie or Stallone played the main character.
    Good shit. Nice quick summary. That's why I made this thread so I could weed out some of the more obscure films I either need to watch, or avoid.

Tuconots
    Re-watched The Insider (Michael Mann) for the first time in years.

Still great.

Tuconots
    had to pick a movie for date last night, ended up watching Sisters. Not bad, not great either but sorta enjoyable for couples with kids who stay home always. Way too long though, 2 hour movie that easily could have had 30 mins of blah blah blah cut. If you are a fan of Tina Fey or Poehler definitely worth a watch, but only the middle 30 mins is really good with the first third and the last third of the movie full of boring cliches. Its pretty weird how Fey and Poehler are absolutely hilarious in TV shows, but have an awful track record in movies.

do NOT watch The Night before starring Seth Rogan, unfunny crap movie. Thought we might watch that instead but I watched a few minutes by myself first to see if my wife would like it and it was soooo boring and unfunny in the first 15 minutes, I ended up just skipping to the middle and end and it somehow got worse. The only funny bit was Michael Shannon as a drug dealer but its like 2 minutes of the movie.

It really is sad how few good movies are put out nowadays, the only things left I have unwatched are Creed, Big Short, Snowpiercer, Sicario, and The Good Dinosaur. I have dozens of unwatched TV shows that are all highly recommended, but virtually no movies.

Tuconots
    We had a drunk movie night, and we were recommended Sleepaway Camp.

That shit delivered. That movie could never be made today with our PC culture.

Last edited by Column; 05-15-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Tuconots
    40 Cloverfield Lane last night.

Pretty good.

8/10 Bisi approval nods

Tuconots
    Will probably be made fun of relentlessly for this, but I finally watched "The Iron Giant." It was on one of the cable channels (HBO family I think). Holy shit, what an amazing movie. Can't believe I waited 17 years to see it.

Tuconots
    Watched Pandemic tonight. Virus attacks the world etc etc

Somehow the director thought it was a good idea to shoot 80% of the film like it was a first person game..

Terrible

Tuconots
    watched The Lobster on Rainierland.com

I don't really know what to say about it asides that its a very dark, subtle, and weird as fuck type of humor. I liked it a lot, but I could see many a poor young boy' tossing their remote at the TV.

Tuconots
    Watched "What We Do in the Shadows." Holy shit, great movie. Funny as hell and really well done. Jermaine Clement is a genius.

Tuconots
    watched Gladiator in a theater last night. Good times.

Tuconots
    bluray rips of Gods of Egypt and Triple 9 are out

Tuconots
    Did I review Triple 9 yet, can't remember.

It was alright for a heist movie, but not great. If you are bored you are probly not wasting your time watching it, but there are better movies out there.

Tuconots
    It was pretty standard. I don't regret watching it or anything but I immediately forgot it even exists.

Tuconots
    Kill Command, apparently also released under Identify. Straight to bluray/on-demand release, copyright at the end said 2014 so not sure if it sat in the can for awhile or what.

Given that setup, it was a lot better than I expected it to be. I will try to give a brief description so that if you decide to watch it you can do so without watching the trailer, because it gives away not only the main point of the movie, but a few key scenes.

Near future, marines are sent to do some training exercises against some new robotic military units. Chick with robotics implanted in her head goes along to assist/analyze. Things don't go as planned. Chick gets somehow a lot more attractive to me throughout the movie.

I'm not going to say it is epic as something like Aliens or Edge of Tomorrow in regard to the marine vs. enemy stuff, but for a direct-to-video release it was pretty fucking good. There isn't a ton of plot, enough to give the movie purpose, although you aren't going to be exactly surprised with what happens (at least by not watching the trailer you'll have a chance to see it develop organically, which will help). It also had enough of a special effects budget that it looked good to me most of the time. Not like some shitty Asylum production, not by a long shot. Also, for not recognizing a single actor, they did well enough. There weren't any cringe-worthy moments that I can remember. A few cliches, sure, but overall solid acting.

I give it a hearty thumbs up and recommend it if you enjoy sci-fi mixed with military, and don't need some super-convoluted story to keep you interested.

EDIT: Sorry I fucked up, it was called Kill Command, not Killer Instinct. I blame alcohol. Sorry for any confusion Kill Command (2016) - IMDb
    Last edited by Void; 05-21-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Tuconots
    I fucked up with my last post and put the incorrect name of the movie. I have corrected it above. So sorry for the confusion.

By way of atonement, I will briefly review The Huntsman: Winter's War which I also watched last night.

Emily Blunt instead of Kristen Stewart should normally make for a better movie. In this case, even she couldn't save it. It sucked, had forced humor/characters that didn't work at all, and had a "twist" you saw coming a mile away. Charlize Theron looked great as always, and is a great Evil Queen, but she's not even in it much. I'm not sure Emily Blunt is really cut out to play a villain either, much as I love her.

Even if you're a huge fan of Thor this movie pretty much sucks. His accent makes me think he watched Braveheart and was trying to copy it (badly), and the way they made him act (bafflingly cheerful most of the time, even when there was no reason to be) was just off-putting.

Oh, and terrible dwarves. Turrible. Save your time.

Tuconots
    Rewatched Coen Bros True Grit.

Barry Pepper plays such a great dirty cowboy.

Tuconots
    I watched the new Netflix Sandler movie The Do Over. It was surprisingly not horrible. I think you still need to be somewhat of a fan of these guys to enjoy it, but it's probably the best Sandler movie to come out in years.

Tuconots
    decent copies oh hardcore henry are out in the usual places

Tuconots
    I needed a chuckle so I tried Tucker and Dale vs evil. Really liked it 8/10.

Tucker: [Unsure of what to say to the sheriff] Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property.

Tuconots
    Tucker & Dale was great. A Good Old Fashioned Orgy wasn't as good but not too bad. A Good Old Fashioned Orgy (2011) - IMDb
    Last edited by mopoke; 06-02-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Tuconots
    +1 for Trollhunters & The Invitation.

Been watching a lot of horror films recently with the gf, jump-scare horror films you find on Netflix and shit...

The Boy, The Forest, Sinister not much to say... All very basic, made for theater jump-scare horror films that are all 6/10.

10 Cloverfield Ln was a great, two part movie. John Goodman is a phenomenal actor, and the whole movie is just fantastic. A very, very solid 8/10.

The Invitation is a super tense, well made movie. Reminded me of Cabin In the Woods with its turn, really liked it. Shit was legitimately creepy.

Under the Skin - a Scarlet Johansson movie that I felt was under the radar. Well received on IMDB & RT. Very slow paced, but a very interesting visual movie about a "creature" kidnapping human men. I was in no mood to watch a movie when we actually watched it, but it was pretty decent.

The Witch - The girls hated it, the guys fucking loved it. What a great movie.

Tuconots
    If you have Netflix there are two movies that you absolutely must watch. You simply have to, for better or worse.

1) Tucker and Dale vs Evil
    2) Trollhunter

Those 2 movies are, in my opinion, exactly why Netflix was created and why we all pay subs for it.

Tuconots
    Watched 3 movies the last 3 nights.

Keanu = Horrible. What a waste.

13 hours in benghazi = I can't say I loved this film,but it is the best Michael Bay film short of Bad Boys. Just a straight up war movie without all the political shit the writers try to force on you for the last 10 years.

House of the Devil = I found this out of nowhere. Super good, I loved this throwback horror film. Felt like one of those old 80's carpenter films.

Tuconots
    Saw The Brothers Grimsby tonight (blu ray rips are out), starring Sascha Baron Cohen aka Ali G / Borat - 6/10. Some really funny bits, a few really gross scenes. I dunno why the dude is so fascinated with showing genitalia on screen. His wife, Isla Fischer, is briefly in the movie too but no naked bits from her unfortunately. I love his Ali G show and early movies, but felt he's been downhill since The Dictator.

Would not watch with wife/gf unless she is into raunchy shit, but if she or your friends like that or Jackass this will leave everyone dying

Tuconots
    No Escape - Owen Wilson, and Pierce Brosnan.

Thought it was some direct to video fluff movie, but was surprised how great it was. Easily give it a 9/10
    Was trying to figure out why the metacritic score was so low afterwords, and it's just people screaming racism, but not really watching the movie itself.

Anyway this was a hidden gem, and I really liked it. If you like thrillers where people are on the run this is a movie imho you will enjoy. Wife liked it a lot also, so I would recommend it for couples looking to watch something on the weekend.
    Last edited by Column; 06-04-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Tuconots
    I felt about the same way about The Brothers Grimsby. It made me laugh and grossed me out at parts, so overall a decent watch.

Synchronicity (2015) - IMDb

Time travel movie that was decent but not anything really great. It was nice because I was able to see a few of the time travel moments the first time they happened, instead of later when you see it from another perspective. It wasn't super confusing like Primer, and didn't try to be, although I'm not exactly sure what it was trying to be. Oh, and it had Michael Ironsides in it! Overall maybe 5/10, not bad, not anything special though either.

Tuconots
    I don't know how Keanu has a 77% RT score.

It was bad. 40% tops

Tuconots
    The Keanu rips out right now are the asian rips, which apparently excludes some nudity and a few other things. I can't believe the movie would really change that much with an extra 2 minutes tho. Still, I'm gonna watch when the blu rays are out since I liked K&P show and figure its more of that

Same with the X-Men Apocalypse rips, the chinese available cuts out some adult scenes, and some scenes about Vietnam and China (go figure)

Tuconots
    I'm probly with a lot of people in saying those American versions would have to be totally different movies for it to make a difference.

Keanu was basically just a skit they had that went too long.

Tuconots
    I enjoyed Keanu, but yeah that's a great definition, a skit that went on too long.

I would have actually enjoyed it more if it were more about the cat, to be honest.

Going to check out No Escape tonight, really looking forward to it now after your review.

Tuconots
    I think this is a good spot to put this: Special with Michael Rapaport it's an older movie but I had never seen it. Damn good movie. it may fall into the you'll love it or hate it. I thought is was fucking great.

I had a youtube link, but screw that is will spoil the movie.
    Last edited by Greyform; 06-05-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Tuconots
    Watched the new Stephen King movie last night "Cell". Not to be confused with the cell with Big Booty Lopez.

It was all right, worth a watch if you like the Twilight Zone short story stuff.

Tuconots
    in a depressed funk (bad week) and watched 1/2 of the extended Godfather Novel for Television edition which aired recently, its 7 FUCKING HOURS long and its godfather 1 + 2 plus a bunch of deleted/unseen stuff, and edited to be in chronological order (so you see 1/2 of Godfather 2 first, etc). A+++, tons and tons of new scenes that were cool to see, like in the beginning you don't just see Vito's mom strolling up to Don Cico but a 2 minute scene where his men go to collect Vito. Just a ton of small scenes like that interwoven in, since I've seen the OG 1 & 2 a dozen+ times it was a real treat seeing new scenes pop in and out all the time.

any fan of the godfather should watch it at least once, just the extra 2-3 hours of footage and the remix to be chronological is awesome, drank 1/3 a bottle of beautiful scotch while watching and going to finish off the bottle and movie later in the week.

Tuconots
    Re-watched Akira as I landed on it on TV.

Almost 30 years later it is still by far the most insane feat of classical animation ever made. The pacing is all weird, the story is burdened by a lot of pseudo-scientific and mystic hodgepodge, as someone familiar with the amazing score, seeing scenes where you only have time for ten bars of a 5 minutes track feels strange, but all of this is dwarfed by the technical mastery of the film and Otomo's fulgurant film-making.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Szlia View Post
    Re-watched Akira as I landed on it on TV.

Almost 30 years later it is still by far the most insane feat of classical animation ever made. The pacing is all weird, the story is burdened by a lot of pseudo-scientific and mystic hodgepodge, as someone familiar with the amazing score, seeing scenes where you only have time for ten bars of a 5 minutes track feels strange, but all of this is dwarfed by the technical mastery of the film and Otomo's fulgurant film-making.
    Have the original movie on VHS. Heard the newer versions of the movie have new voice overs and dialogue. I'm having the VHS converted over to DVD now. Still one of my favorite movies (although it doesn't have the same magic it had when I first watched it as a teenager).
    As far as new movies go, watched "Room" over the weekend. Holy fuck, what a movie. Can't believe that didn't win best picture. Really hard to watch, but an absolutely amazing movie.

Tuconots
    Watched Conjuring 2 tonight.

Really liked it, and thought it was a good sequel to the first one.

If you do any research on the event later, the film isn't even close to being accurate tho.

Tuconots
    Saw The Brothers Grimsby tonight (blu ray rips are out), starring Sascha Baron Cohen aka Ali G / Borat - 6/10. Some really funny bits, a few really gross scenes. I dunno why the dude is so fascinated with showing genitalia on screen. His wife, Isla Fischer, is briefly in the movie too but no naked bits from her unfortunately. I love his Ali G show and early movies, but felt he's been downhill since The Dictator.

Would not watch with wife/gf unless she is into raunchy shit, but if she or your friends like that or Jackass this will leave everyone dying
    So...Me, my kid sis and 2 cousins and a minor sat down to watch Grimsbly not knowing what its about, within 30mins i had to kick out the minor bc this shit was fuckin crazy.
    Forsakyn 100 Rogue
    League of Legends Meta Source

Xbox, PSN, Steam, Origin - Xexx01

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    Going to check out No Escape tonight, really looking forward to it now after your review.
    Finally got around to watching this despite intending to weeks ago. I enjoyed it, and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Not 9/10 good, but good. I did find myself leaning forward a few times in anticipation of what might happen.

Tuconots
    its summer now, make sure you guys watch The Burbs at least once this season. its such a quintessential summer movie, i even imagine the smell of the summer heat and mowed lawns during it. movie reminds me so much of all the shit me and my friends used to get into during summer as a kid.

Tuconots
    Saw The Thomas Crown Affair again last night. This is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again, like Good Will Hunting or Shawshank Redemption. It just gets better with repeated viewings. Pierce Brosnan is perfect for the role, Rene Russo awesome as well. Highly recommend it for anyone that's never seen it.

Also saw Dracula Untold a few nights ago. So-so. Not the worst movie, but certainly not must-see. Was interesting seeing Tywin Lannister in it as the original baddie. A different take on the Dracula legend, it's worth a look if you are into the vampire genre.
    psn - Caduceus888

Tuconots
    Thomas Crown Affair is definitely a good movie. Another movie, that many people have never even seen, that I put in the same category as Shawshank is The Count of Monte Cristo. Goddamn I love that movie.

Tuconots
    Just watched The Last Days on Mars because I like Liev Schreiber and I'm also a sucker for horror movies. It was okay, I guess? It was pretty forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are very bored and can't find anything else to watch.

I also watched Coherence again recently to show it to a friend. I like it quite a bit. It's a very low budget sci-fi movie, and IMDB tells me most of the dialogue was improvised. Those aren't bad things in this case, and I would recommend this one to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Tuconots
    I finally got around to seeing Gattica, what a beautiful movie.

Tuconots
    Watched the F1 movie Rush tonight.

I had seen it at the cinema when it first came out. And I had been meaning to see it again. Great film, plus an added thing is:

Spoiler: 
    It really hits me in the feels when at the end they show footage of the actual James Hunt and Nikki Lauda. I think it's the honesty of the accompanying dialogue, probably.

Plus as a long time F1 fan, I do remember years of James Hunt in commentary and having watched a few of Lauda's last seasons as a driver. So I get a "Yeah that's him, right there" moment.

Tuconots
    I watched a movie the other night on SBS2 (Straya)... heaps of good shit lately on that station, anyway I didn't catch the name.
    It's about a sub the sinks and then there was a under water drill rig and then a heap of colourful jelly fish.. not a bad movie.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    I watched a movie the other night on SBS2 (Straya)... heaps of good shit lately on that station, anyway I didn't catch the name.
    It's about a sub the sinks and then there was a under water drill rig and then a heap of colourful jelly fish.. not a bad movie.

abyss.jpg

Tuconots
    did that just happen?

Also, literally The Abyss.
    monday 26/6 9:25pm SBS2

SBS Program Guide for SBS 2 | New South Wales (NSW)

Tuconots
    I'll level with ya, I've still never seen it all the way through. I've just seen bits of Ed Harris telling people they done gooft and opening some doors.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    did that just happen?

Also, literally The Abyss.
    monday 26/6 9:25pm SBS2

SBS Program Guide for SBS 2 | New South Wales (NSW)
    I'm in Vic so must have been a different movie

I feel asleep after the massive jelly fish went back down the ummm, what's another name for "trench" haha

Tuconots
    It could also have been Sphere if his mistook the spaceship for a submarine.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    I'm in Vic so must have been a different movie

I feel asleep after the massive jelly fish went back down the ummm, what's another name for "trench" haha
    SBS Program Guide for SBS 2 | Victoria (VIC)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    Yes I know, I was having a laugh bud

Tuconots
    Another flash back for ya, saw this on Amazon's upcoming videos and had to laugh:

1200x630bf.jpg

Tuconots
    Circle - Held captive and faced with their imminent executions, fifty strangers are forced to choose the one person among them who deserves to live.

Do not watch this movie.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Don't watch Cell either. I didn't expect much to begin with, but it was worse than I could have imagined.

Tuconots
    Huh, following on from those warnings of films not to watch . . .

Tonight I watched Kingsmen - the Secret service.

Good film! highly recommend!!

I know there's been plenty of praise for it on these boards, add me to the list of fans

Tuconots
    Rewatched Bone Tomahawk tonight. I liked it the first time, the second was better.

Tuconots
    Watched Marauders, with Bruce Willis. Doesn't even deserve it's own thread bumped, movie was so bad. Just a confusing mess, that tries to be twisty-turny but just ends up contradicting itself. Then they hamfist all these "character motivation" scenes to try to make you care about the shitty people, but I'm sorry, pulling the cancer card just doesn't work.

Thread Information