Thread: Justice League 2017 (starts shooting on 4-11-16)

Tuconots

Justice League 2017 (starts shooting on 4-11-16)

Get ready for another shitshow. It will be interesting to see if anything changes, given how BvS went with the critics. Also, will BvS sell enough to justify an entire universe? Can DC actually make a movie that is fun to watch?

Justice League will take inspiration from Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai - Movie News | JoBlo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Nester View Post
    No, his super power is super preparedness. So basicly the. Best gay date of your life, cooks your favourite meal, has your favourite song in the back ground, playing your favorite game while drinking your favourite scotch. He knows what you like and it sets the mood, also Lots of lube and just enough forplay. He is batman he is ready for YOU as he has dedicated his life to being ready to do the things others can't and wont.

Tuconots
    No, his super power is super preparedness. So basicly the. Best gay date of your life, cooks your favourite meal, has your favourite song in the back ground, playing your favorite game while drinking your favourite scotch. He knows what you like and it sets the mood, also Lots of lube and just enough forplay. He is batman he is ready for YOU as he has dedicated his life to being ready to do the things others can't and wont.

Tuconots
    Really enjoyed Batman vs Superman and how they handled character interactions.
    I look forward to this.

Tuconots
    Maybe it was high expectations for AoU and low for BvS but I would rather sit through BvS again over Ultron.

Tuconots
    They should declare a 6 month moratorium on this so they can collect their thoughts on exactly what they want to do moving forward. They've got a few things to sort out following BvS.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Homsar View Post
    Maybe it was high expectations for AoU and low for BvS but I would rather sit through BvS again over Ultron.
    That's not really a fair comparison though. AoU suffers greatly from being a middle movie that's clearly meant to move the Marvel Cinematic forward and despite that it's still not a bad movie in it's own right (it just isn't a great one). A better comparison would be whether or not you'd rather watch BvS instead of The Avengers again.

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Well one thing that has already been figured out is the writing, or rather who it's writer will definitely be. BvS had a script that was cobbled together from multiple writers. Justice League, as far as the storyline, will just have one. That may address some of the problems that BvS is perceived to have. It's going to come down to Chris Terrio's ability to write a compelling super hero story.

Tuconots
    My main concern is exactly what they want to do with these characters that many people have invested years or decades in. I don't have a ton of problem with the storyline of BvS itself, although it has issues for sure. I really like the way the actors they chose to play the heroes represent them...Afleck and Gadot are the least of our worries but we sure thought they would be a major issue a year ago. But the powers that be seem to have little issue making tweaks to the characters that don't ring true with the fans of the comics, nor do they with people that have little knowledge of the characters outside the movieverse. Batman using guns, killing people with little regard. Superman doing the same in MoS, although I didnt have a major issue with him killing Zod personally. Speaking for myself, I was a Flash kid from the get go, underoos and all. I love the TV series. They do so much so well, and the guy playing the Flash nails it for me as Barry Allen. Then I read that Snyder chose to cast a new Barry Allen because he wanted a darker feeling to his story. From one of the heroes that has always brought a little bit of levity and fun to the comics. What? And then, on top of it, the Flash is in BvS for like 15 seconds. Here's an idea... Tell Grant Gustin to darken it up a bit. Act angsty or what the fuck ever for 10 seconds. He's an actor. Then take the next 2 years and really work with him to nail it. Nah, fuck it, lets get some random dude who looks nothing like Barry Allen to do a cameo and go from there. I just don't get it. So much of what DC does makes no sense in the movie world, and I can't even get past the mistakes they are making on the bottom floor.

Tuconots
    That really is such a huge glaring difference between DC and marvel right now. A lot of people were offput by affleck. Turns out he's fine in the role. It's the role that is wrong. Now look at Jon burnthal as punisher. I was REALLY wary because he doesn't LOOK like castle. Castle is 6'4" slab of muscle. He's not Thor, but he's just big and bulky. Burnthal nailed punisher and a huge reason for that is a lot of his scenes were lifted straight from the comics. As soon as you meet these characters on screen, it's like meeting an old friend. Not with DC movies.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by j00t View Post
    TIt's the role that is wrong. Now look at Jon burnthal as punisher. I was REALLY wary because he doesn't LOOK like castle. Castle is 6'4" slab of muscle. He's not Thor, but he's just big and bulky. Burnthal nailed punisher and a huge reason for that is a lot of his scenes were lifted straight from the comics.
    This is why I just don't get hung up on whether or not an actor looks like a pre-existing fictional character anymore. Give me talent first and I'll gladly accept a physical resemblance as icing on the cake but don't you dare give me plate of icing and tell me happy birthday.

Tuconots
    That really is such a huge glaring difference between DC and marvel right now. A lot of people were offput by affleck. Turns out he's fine in the role. It's the role that is wrong. Now look at Jon burnthal as punisher. I was REALLY wary because he doesn't LOOK like castle. Castle is 6'4" slab of muscle. He's not Thor, but he's just big and bulky. Burnthal nailed punisher and a huge reason for that is a lot of his scenes were lifted straight from the comics. As soon as you meet these characters on screen, it's like meeting an old friend. Not with DC movies.
    I couldn't agree more.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguex View Post
    They should declare a 6 month moratorium on this so they can collect their thoughts on exactly what they want to do moving forward. They've got a few things to sort out following BvS.
    Unfortunately, they are prepping right now to start shooting next week. I can't wait for a grimdark Flash. Why don't they just make him The Black Racer (google that if you don't know) and get it over with.

Tuconots
    Well the Black racer is a completely different entity, and it wouldn't make sense to just start at the Black Racer without involving that back story.

This series is more akin to Injustice gods among us so the flash will probly be similar.

The foreshadowing of Darkseid should be interesting since comic Thanos was a copy of him, yet the Cinematic Thanos made it to the screen first.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    This is why I just don't get hung up on whether or not an actor looks like a pre-existing fictional character anymore. Give me talent first and I'll gladly accept a physical resemblance as icing on the cake but don't you dare give me plate of icing and tell me happy birthday.
    Getting hung up on the appearance is for bitching about BEFORE the release. It generally only stick around as a gripe after if they fuck up the actual acting part. I do it just like every other nerd. "BLACK HEIMDALL!?" See it and he's good and it only ever gets brought up for amusement going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Column View Post
    Well the Black racer is a completely different entity, and it wouldn't make sense to just start at the Black Racer without involving that back story.

This series is more akin to Injustice gods among us so the flash will probly be similar.

The foreshadowing of Darkseid should be interesting since comic Thanos was a copy of him, yet the Cinematic Thanos made it to the screen first.
    I was being saracastic.

Tuconots
    I can't wait to see you nerds crying when Batman defeats the whole JLA by himself, when they finally adapt the "Tower of Babel" storyline.

Tuconots
    they should bring Faora/Antje back.

Tuconots
    After BvS, there is no way i'm going to the opening night of this. I'll wait. Maybe even for the blu ray.

Tuconots
    Castle doesn't need to be a big meathead though. While the movie itself sucked ass, I thought Tom Jane was great as Punisher. Hell I thought Ray Stevenson was great too, and he had the bigger Castle look. Neither actor was responsible for those movies being terrible.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    It's going to be a piece of shit because Snyder is directing.

Tuconots
    To make this work, the first thing they need to shoot is Zack Snyder.

Tuconots
    I would watch that movie.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    If they don't have the star cuts and the dude saying "MEANWHILE ... back at" I'm gunna be sadpanda. Also, they better have the indian and the japanese dude who's names I can't remember.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Will Spiderman be in this? Seems like they've forgotten about that character.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Itlan View Post

Tuconots
    Itlan has been trolling the movie forum pretty relentlessly the last couple days.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    he's got a new schtick
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    F
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    also chocolate release the same chemical in the brain that the feeling of love does, so i am training them to love giving me blowjobs
    Draegan's a faggot.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    If they don't have the star cuts and the dude saying "MEANWHILE ... back at" I'm gunna be sadpanda. Also, they better have the indian and the japanese dude who's names I can't remember.
    How can you forget Samurai (whose powers were pretty much Red Tornado) and Apache Chief?!? The story behind them plus Black Vulcan instead of Black Lightning are really precious nuggets of the dark era of Superheros in animation.

Tuconots
    No love for the Wonder Twins?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    How can you forget Samurai (whose powers were pretty much Red Tornado) and Apache Chief?!? The story behind them plus Black Vulcan instead of Black Lightning are really precious nuggets of the dark era of Superheros in animation.
    They had a story? Yeah I couldn't remember the samurai's name, but I remember one of them said KASI ME HO NI HI AKU when he changed. Pretty sure that was the samurai when he went tornado mode. He had other phrases for other powers. Basically, he was a japanese wizzard more than a samurai.

No love for the Wonder Twins?
    No. Fuck the wonder twins. The only good thing that ever came from them was when robot chicken made fun of them.

OK actually, their catchphrase was cool too. But that's it. Everything else about them was ass suckingly bad.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    I wrote a sentence here asking why the flash is barry allen?

Then I realized none of it matters, not a single bit of this matters. Barry Allen will have a Geoff Johns-ian dismemberment or whatever. Fuck it. I don't even care.

Tuconots
    I thought the Flash was Wally West?

Tuconots
    I thought the Flash was Wally West?
    The best Flash is Wally West, but the IMDB says "Barry Allen".

Tuconots
    Why change his name? So weird.

Tuconots
    his secret identity got out, so he just had to change his name
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Wally is Black now. so, I would not be surprised if JL Flash was supposed to be Wally. He's being changed to Barry, to keep Wally Black.

Tuconots
    Still the same person. Don't forget he knows super scientists and meta humans. Between them someone can change his skin color.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    His story is way too convoluted now. I can't keep up. I'm already lost.

I'll pass on this.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    So Spiderman will be in it! Green Goblin confirmed.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    So Spiderman will be in it! Green Goblin confirmed.
    Hah.

Tuconots
    Might as well, since Batman is going to be in the Spider-Man movie.

Tuconots
    Might as well, since Batman is going to be in the Spider-Man movie.
    Will be nice to see Val Kilmer again

Tuconots
    looks like castings for the Flash movie are

Iris West: described as a cross between Christiane Amanpour and Carry Bradshaw

Eobard Thawne: described as Central City’s Bill Gates with a degenerative disease.

Fred Chyre: described as a gruff cop and the closest thing Barry has to a friend.

Len Snart: described as ex-military and working for Thawne.

Jay Garrick: described as a former professor who was working on the speed force. Most likely a cameo.

The descriptions are very loose and not necessarily a good indication of what the film will be. But we can see that we’re likely to have Reverse-Flash and Captain Cold as our villains.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...se-characters/

Tuconots
    J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon

Tuconots
    One of the writers for Collider recently returned from visiting the set of JL while it's shooting over in England and he was on the panel for this weeks episode of Heroes and they spent the first half hour of the show peppering him with questions.

Apparently Warner Bros. gave everyone they invited over the green light to talk in detail about everything they saw so be warned it gets fairly spoilery for a movie that is this far from release.

Tuconots
    One of the writers for Collider recently returned from visiting the set of JL while it's shooting over in England and he was on the panel for this weeks episode of Heroes and they spent the first half hour of the show peppering him with questions.

Apparently Warner Bros. gave everyone they invited over the green light to talk in detail about everything they saw so be warned it gets fairly spoilery for a movie that is this far from release.

With how BvS was, my expectations are at 0 for this movie.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Cyborg and flash look like shit
    Last edited by Homsar; 07-23-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Tuconots
    Yeah, they do. And the music didn't fit at all.

Meh, this entire DC franchise seems like redbox for me so far. I think BvS is due soon, so I'm sure i'll enjoy that shitpile for $1.50.

Tuconots
    Eh, at least they're toning down the grimdark.

Tuconots
    I don't like the look of Cyborg and Flash at all. I do like Aquaman though, loved the look since they put out that picture about a year ago.

It does seem from the trailer less dark than other movies...and didn't any of the hero murder anyone so that's a plus I guess.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Cyborg looks fine, Flash armor makes him look like an insect.

Tuconots
    Cyborg looks like some faggy PCmasterrace case/gpu covered in LED strips.

Tuconots
    Cyborg looks like he merged with Megatron from the Michael Bay movies.

Cyborg looks like he's been infested with Reaper technology.

Edit: Holy shit! I just noticed that Superman has a very tiny maybe smile in that picture! Sunny days ahead!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Randin View Post
    well there is that..

everyone is way out of character.
    Did someone think Barry Allen is Quicksilver from the movies? like, genuinely get confused on who they are writing?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimey View Post
    Edit: Holy shit! I just noticed that Superman has a very tiny maybe smile in that picture! Sunny days ahead!
    Maybe superman will be superman, instead of less cool Batman. Snyder is an Auteur to the point of being obstinate in these films--these are established characters, you can put a spin on them, but you can't force completely alien themes on them, like Grimdark for superman.

It's been immensely satisfying seeing Captain America becoming one of the biggest comic book heroes of the modern world while extolling everything they said would not work in superman because its "too old fashioned and cliche" now.
    Last edited by Lithose; 07-24-2016 at 02:28 AM.

Tuconots
    I can't believe that is an actual Snyder film. No over the top anime action ,and they allowed characters to banter with each other..

What sorcerer edited that trailer together
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Tuconots
    Yeah...Cyborg and Flash look horrible. The music was OK, considering it was all dialogue. I will see of course.

Tuconots
    Cyborg was my only sticking point really. I don't know shit about Cyborg but he didn't look near big enough to me. I'm actually ok with this Flash, and that's my go to superhero. Looks alright. Now that WW trailer on the other hand, that shit's legit.

Tuconots
    I actually didn't mind that trailer. Much better looking than BvS.

Tuconots
    Maybe I was just disoriented from the effects of watching BvS, but didn't the Flash clip in BvS have a much more Asian person as the Flash? Also the Batman suit looks way worse in the trailer here than it should.

Tuconots
    So, what use is talking to fish? Are the baddies going to have a secret underwater base in this?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Burren View Post
    So, what use is talking to fish? Are the baddies going to have a secret underwater base in this?
    Steve Irwin would like to have a word with you...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    but you can't force completely ALIEN themes on them
    anyone? no?

Tuconots
    Ezra Miller looks fine as Barry Allen, but in that armor he looks somehow feminine. Maybe its the contrast between his eyes and the red of the mask and the placement of the mouth/eye holes but when I saw him moving in the outfit my initial reaction was "wait Jesse Quick? What??"

Tuconots
    Interesting that they didn't show Superman at all in that trailer. No, that's not my Superman love coming out, it is just interesting to me that the other tentpole character in the DC Universe wasn't shown. I wonder if they feel Superman is the reason BvS didn't do well? Or if they are really trying to stick with the whole death thing until you watch the movie? I mean, he's on the goddamn posters, and everyone knows he's not permanently dead, so what gives? I hope they aren't planning on doing a JL movie with Superman dead until the end.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Interesting that they didn't show Superman at all in that trailer. No, that's not my Superman love coming out, it is just interesting to me that the other tentpole character in the DC Universe wasn't shown. I wonder if they feel Superman is the reason BvS didn't do well? Or if they are really trying to stick with the whole death thing until you watch the movie? I mean, he's on the goddamn posters, and everyone knows he's not permanently dead, so what gives? I hope they aren't planning on doing a JL movie with Superman dead until the end.
    It's obvious. Superman is cowering from Batman, so he doesn't get his stool pushed in again.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    well there is that..

everyone is way out of character.
    Did someone think Barry Allen is Quicksilver from the movies? like, genuinely get confused on who they are writing?
    They are confused. I've read interviews, where they are talking about Flash as a comedic foil. Only it's Barry Allen. In the comics, he's one notch under Batman, in terms of seriousness. Wally West is the one with more jokes than Spiderman.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    No, that's not my Superman love coming out
    Stop baiting me with posts like this.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Randin View Post
    The problem is that the well is already poisoned. No matter how much they make the successive movies better, BvS will still be at the root of the tree.

Tuconots
    I thought this was a really interesting read (Zack Snyder Faces Haters on Justice League’s Set -- Vulture). Snyder should face his haters, and the previous cast seemed to apologize, promise they'll do better, and make the movie lighter in tone. We'll see.
    Last edited by Lyrical; 07-25-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Tuconots
    Them chasing down objects of power, known as Mother Boxes, before Darkeid's parademons do is a little bit too derivative. Mother Boxes are not infinity gems.

Tuconots
    I don't know anything about Mother Boxes and yes that sounds a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit completely derivative.

Edit: Maybe they're just going to fuck up all their "group" movies like BvS and JL, but have decent single-star ones like WW and Batfleck. Or they could all just be rubbish.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Amzin View Post
    I don't know anything about Mother Boxes and yes that sounds a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit completely derivative.
    Mother boxes are like smartphones, except they also heal and teleport you. They aren't sources of infinite power like the infinity gems. Smartphones would be a big deal in the 70's, when mother boxes first came out in the comics. There was no Internet then.

It's completely derivative.

Tuconots
    Of all the stories in the DC universe history they could have chosen...they decided to go with one that the general public will view as a total rip off of the MCU.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
    Of all the stories in the DC universe history they could have chosen...they decided to go with one that the general public will view as a total rip off of the MCU.
    And the irony is that Thanos is a direct ripoff of Darkseid. Oh, speaking of that, when we were at Comic Con, someone asked Stan Lee the one character he'd wished was his idea. He said Darkseid, and you could tell he was pissed the idea wasn't his.

Tuconots
    Draegan's bitch ass sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Thread Information